Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Only 13120 mi.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:13 PM
pattiandphil
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only 13120 mi.

Not sure how to go about this, I guess I'm asking for advice. I purchased new in '91 a 1992 white coupe,glass roof,auto. and I dont use it. I take it for its inspection and oil change annually and then it gets put back in garage and under a cotton cover. The car is in a time capsule. I'm getting married and could use the money, but I am not going to "give" it away. It really doesnt cost me to keep it. I know its got some value to it because of low amount of miles. I (an adult female) was the only driver for its whole life. What do you guys think it should be worth? Please dont tell me the "Blue Book says..." I've heard this and am embarressed for those who try to "steal" my car. I just need a common cenus and some advise. Thank You.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:32 PM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My 92 is has been cared for exactly the same as yours. I bought it new also. I have been the only driver, and its never smoked in, eaten in, or EVER rained on....40K on the clock. Now I've been offered $13K for mine. With your milage I would think a hard $15K- 17K might be a reasonable price. Good luck with the sale.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:37 PM
C-4 Now
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Does car have any other options besides those listed? what color interior? It sounds like a nice car but will compete with C-5's for a buyer and the C-5 is much easier to finance and may be preferred by many buyers?? Flame suit on! I don't think it is very easy to price this car. But will be curious what others think!! Good Luck on sale.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:39 PM
movin
Pro

where are you located?
Old 01-31-2006, 04:55 PM
paperclerk101
Racer

Default who can figure these days

I have a '91 ZR1

30K miles and if I sold it today I could probably get say $22Kish give or take.

If I had 65K miles I could likely get $18-19K, not much difference.

Make it an 80K car and still get $15K all day and likely close to $16K.

Of course this is assuming car is in great or top shape for year/miles.

Now make that a '91 coupe likelyhood, considering the above and C5/C4 price drops I would say $16K max. It is likely worth more!!

When I was looking 4 years ago this was (with 6speed) a $18K car and a Vert was $24K.

Tough to get top $$ right now, time of year aside, but that is ok if you are moving into another car.

Just my .02

D
Old 01-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Andy1983
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pattiandphil
Not sure how to go about this, I guess I'm asking for advice. I purchased new in '91 a 1992 white coupe,glass roof,auto. and I dont use it. I take it for its inspection and oil change annually and then it gets put back in garage and under a cotton cover. The car is in a time capsule. I'm getting married and could use the money, but I am not going to "give" it away. It really doesnt cost me to keep it. I know its got some value to it because of low amount of miles. I (an adult female) was the only driver for its whole life. What do you guys think it should be worth? Please dont tell me the "Blue Book says..." I've heard this and am embarressed for those who try to "steal" my car. I just need a common cenus and some advise. Thank You.
Oddly enough there patti, I am in the EXACT same situation. My vette (see sig) does nothing but hang out under a cover and get polished I, too, am getting married this March (congrats btw), and thought I could use the extra money for the heck of it. Then I thought.... I have a nice avalanche I drive daily, and she has a nice car she drives daily. Thats my garage beauty. So I said... hell with it. Im gonna keep it.

I would think (unless you REALLY need the money) you just keep it. It is fun when ya drive it isnt it?

(Remember that 92 isnt a "collector year" or any special model that would appreciate tremendously because of the rarity. The miles are nice, but they would be nicer on a ZR1 percentage wise). Sounds like a beautiful car, and you sound like an owner that treats it nice. I vote keep it (even though thats not what you asked in the post). So I say its worth..... 25 grand. If they wont buy it.... oh well

Last edited by Andy1983; 01-31-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:58 PM
pattiandphil
6th Gear

Thank you for your info. It helps me.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:01 PM
pattiandphil
6th Gear

South Carolina
Old 01-31-2006, 07:00 PM
paperclerk101
Racer

Default yep

If you really need the money, I feel you can be honest here.

This Is how much I need let me know if their is any interest...These are the issues and these are the plusses.

I keep telling my accountant (hehe) brother, married, older than me and two teenage girls, he needs a fun car...VETTE!!!!! anyway you car, without knowing you, is a car I would puch him to buy.

Great miles, driven some not abused, orig owner White (easy to keep lookin clean, not a neat freak) blah blah blah.

Anyway, G/L with the sale...more importantly the Wedding.

Also, read a post here 1x about a guy sold his for the same reason, and 20 years or so later still regretted it.

BORROW FROM FAMILY or DO A CHEAPER WEDDING, she won't let you get one after!!!! or he, forget who wrote the orig post.

D
Old 01-31-2006, 10:36 PM
pattiandphil
6th Gear

Thanks for your input.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:44 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,951 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

patti, I don't know what to say. It's a '91 with low miles. Maybe ittifly is right, but.... On another thread, a fellow's looking at a very low mile '96 LT4. Let's just say it's comparable.

The dealership always asks higher prices than a private party. They're "asking" $24K, which might mean they'll take something less than that, say, $22.5K. For a car five years younger than yours and with the one year only, LT4, and the last in the C4 line.

Meanwhile, others on that thread are saying it's worth somewhere south of $20K. And if that's so, I just can't imagine that there's about $500 difference for the same mileage car from '91, '92, etc. up to '96.

That means one of two things, assuming that someone is right: either the '96 is worth more than $20K, or your car is worth a little less than $16K.

There is always a buyer out there at a price. The question is, will you find that buyer in a time period that you're willing to accept?

Good luck.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:00 PM
pattiandphil
6th Gear

Thank you... I've gotten alot of insight from all of you.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:07 AM
optwovettes
Pro

Is this a 91 or a 92? I think the 92 will have some collector value since it was the lt-1 300 hp first year. A roadster with low miles should do nicely.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:33 AM
obnoxus
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

IMHO if you can afford it,keep the car for now.

The C4 I think is at its low point right now,,,,, they should do nothing more then start to appreciate in the years to come.

It would be a shame for you to have cared for the car so well to have someone else enjoy the fruits of your labor in the years to come.

Keep it,,, and enjoy !!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 01:58 PM
pattiandphil
6th Gear

Thanks, the more input I get the more I think about it. The car is a 92 model year. I was even able to get collector insurance for it because of the low miles. I think I'm going to ,for now, take everybodies advice and keep it. It honestly doesnt cost me anything but minimal insurance and oil changes to keep. And I always have a hard time parting with any of my vehicles over the years because I enjoy each one in its own way. This one would break my heart to see someone else drive it. It was my dream to own one someday and I should appreciate more what I have. Hey, maybe I'll make it my limo at my wedding and save some $$$ that way. Wouldnt that be a sight... Thank you all sooo much for your comments.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Andy1983
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, the more input I get the more I think about it. The car is a 92 model year. I was even able to get collector insurance for it because of the low miles. I think I'm going to ,for now, take everybodies advice and keep it. It honestly doesnt cost me anything but minimal insurance and oil changes to keep. And I always have a hard time parting with any of my vehicles over the years because I enjoy each one in its own way. This one would break my heart to see someone else drive it. It was my dream to own one someday and I should appreciate more what I have. Hey, maybe I'll make it my limo at my wedding and save some $$$ that way. Wouldnt that be a sight... Thank you all sooo much for your comments.
AWESOME

Good luck with the wedding also patti. (I also thought about the vette as a wedding limo... But make SURE that the groomsmen know to NOT decorate it. That can cause hell. Seriously).
Old 02-01-2006, 03:15 PM
03whitecoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This one would break my heart to see someone else drive it.
That is exactly how I feel about mine. I've thought about selling or trading up, but to see someone else driving my car would be devastating. Good luck with whatever decision you make
Old 02-01-2006, 03:29 PM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you are making the right decision. I know exacty how you feel. I will only sell mine to get a ZR1. Short of that, my wife will probably bury me in it.

Get notified of new replies

To Only 13120 mi.

Quick Reply: Only 13120 mi.