C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Which Bulb(s) to Remove Re: LTPWS Indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 01:22 PM
MIZR1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which Bulb(s) to Remove Re: LTPWS Indicator?

I posted this over on the ZR-1 Net, but have received no replies. To those who frequent both sites, sorry for the double post, but I am hoping someone here can answer my question. I removed the DIC while getting my radio serviced so I could eliminate that annoying Service LTPWS light that comes on. I understand I may simply remove a bulb from the DIC unit. Can someone tell me if it is the left or right bulb as I face the DIC (or both)? Also, will the other warning indicators continue to work if one or both bulbs are removed? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:46 PM
MTIZ07
Instructor

Originally Posted by MIZR1
I posted this over on the ZR-1 Net, but have received no replies. To those who frequent both sites, sorry for the double post, but I am hoping someone here can answer my question. I removed the DIC while getting my radio serviced so I could eliminate that annoying Service LTPWS light that comes on. I understand I may simply remove a bulb from the DIC unit. Can someone tell me if it is the left or right bulb as I face the DIC (or both)? Also, will the other warning indicators continue to work if one or both bulbs are removed? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I removed the LTPWS bulb on my ZR-1 with no problems. I don't remember which bulb it was off hand, but think it's on the right. I just start the car and it lit and removed it. All over warning indicators still work fine.

Dewey
Old 01-17-2005, 03:07 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Shine a light through the face to note which bulb location it is - then remove that bulb!
Old 01-17-2005, 04:26 PM
MIZR1
Advanced

Thanks a lot for the quick response. Its much appreciated.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:26 PM
old-hot-rodder
Heel & Toe

Default LTWP Sensor lite

On my 93 I just pulled the cruise control fuse. As easy as that. I don't get any codes or lights. Easy to return. Just put the fuse back in!
93 Red/black
1BADZ1
Old 01-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Mikez40
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by old-hot-rodder
On my 93 I just pulled the cruise control fuse. As easy as that. I don't get any codes or lights. Easy to return. Just put the fuse back in!
93 Red/black
1BADZ1
But if you do the fuse thing, you lose your cruise control, its better just to pull the bulb, then you don't effect anyother functions. JMO.

Get notified of new replies

To Which Bulb(s) to Remove Re: LTPWS Indicator?

Quick Reply: Which Bulb(s) to Remove Re: LTPWS Indicator?