C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ZR-1 Weekend at South Georgia Corvette (SGC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Vette Guy
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default ZR-1 Weekend at South Georgia Corvette (SGC)

All,
It's that time again! Aaron Scott, our Georgia State ZR-1 Net Registry Director, is hosting ZR-1 Weekend at South Georgia Corvette (SGC), November 18 - 20. We are working the details on the schedule of events, but rest assured there will be plenty of good times to be had. Aaron has plenty of "projects" to tell us about (i.e. the twin turbo project), as well as has Gordon Killebrew, former guru of the Corvette Action Center, on hand to share... well, everything you ever wanted to know about the ZR-1! On Thursday, 18 November, Gordon will kick off the event with a special 1-day ZR-1 Class from 8 - 5 at SGC; tentatively followed by drag racing on Friday; and a trip to the Moultrie Swap Meet on Saturday. Aaron is oiling up the rollers on the dyno
and slow cooking his famous South Georgia BBQ on top of a hot LT5 for Saturday evening. (For Jim Milstead only.... Aaron is not oiling the traction side of the rollers, and no LT5s will be harmed while cooking the
BBQ). In order to secure the new dragstrip at South Georgia Motorsports Park, we are looking for an advance signup to attend this event. More details on the track availability and price to follow.

Details for the event can be found at http://www.zr1registry.com . There is also an online signup for the event to better assist us accommodate everyone. If you are thinking of attending, please sign up as “tentative”. While we are tracking attendees for the entire event, those planning on attending Gordon’s class must complete his
registration forms (found on the website) and send them with payment to Gordon by 11 Nov. Gordon and Chris will accept cash only on the day of the event. Cost per student is $200…. knowing just a portion of
what Gordon knows... PRICELESS!

Accommodations are also listed. This is the same weekend as the nearby Florida / Florida State football game, so make your reservations as soon as possible. We have a block of rooms at both the Holiday Inn
Express and the Jameson Inn, but expect them to go quick. Additional hotels for Thomasville are also listed. The website has all pertinent information about the weekend, however please feel free to email me at serd@zr1.net.

I look forward a great weekend and seeing everyone there!

Best Regards,

Mark Horner
91 ZR-1, #2016
Southeast Regional Director
ZR-1 Net Registry
serd@zr1.net
Old 10-13-2004, 09:09 AM
tuband
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

I'm there
Old 10-13-2004, 09:38 AM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm in!
Old 10-13-2004, 10:01 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1
I'm in!
Old 10-13-2004, 10:48 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Registered, and even got a hotel room! BTW - don't go to the Comfort Inn - it is a serious dump.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:32 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

On Sat...
Old 10-13-2004, 03:37 PM
YorkL8apex
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm going and looking for a ride back to VA. Leaving the ZR-1 with Aaron to do a few things

Just tried to make reservations at the new HI Express, no rooms available. Finally got one at the Jameson. If you are planning to go get your rooms asap ZR-1's have wide rears but not quite wide enought to sleep in

Last edited by York67vette; 10-13-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:02 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by York67vette
I'm going and looking for a ride back to VA. Leaving the ZR-1 with Aaron to do a few things
No rides till the list of "to do" is revealed!!
Old 10-13-2004, 04:09 PM
YorkL8apex
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Very mild mods this time around. Just his 35hp P&P package, a chip, and some basic maintenance while the plenum is off. Next year maybe some headers and a gear
Old 10-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Vince99FRC
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow!!!! I need to make sure I am not On Call that week..
Old 11-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

I just spoke to Aaron Scott and he let me know that Gordon and Chris Killabrew won't be able to make it to SGC and run the school this year due to some health issues. wishing them both a speedy recovery!! super nice folks.

we are trying to contact Jim Smith to see if he is available to do some dyno tuning to fill this time slot on Wed/Thursday if anyone is interested.

I'll keep you folks posted.

Originally Posted by Vette Guy
All,
It's that time again! Aaron Scott, our Georgia State ZR-1 Net Registry Director, is hosting ZR-1 Weekend at South Georgia Corvette (SGC), November 18 - 20. We are working the details on the schedule of events, but rest assured there will be plenty of good times to be had. Aaron has plenty of "projects" to tell us about (i.e. the twin turbo project), as well as has Gordon Killebrew, former guru of the Corvette Action Center, on hand to share... well, everything you ever wanted to know about the ZR-1! On Thursday, 18 November, Gordon will kick off the event with a special 1-day ZR-1 Class from 8 - 5 at SGC; tentatively followed by drag racing on Friday; and a trip to the Moultrie Swap Meet on Saturday. Aaron is oiling up the rollers on the dyno
and slow cooking his famous South Georgia BBQ on top of a hot LT5 for Saturday evening. (For Jim Milstead only.... Aaron is not oiling the traction side of the rollers, and no LT5s will be harmed while cooking the
BBQ). In order to secure the new dragstrip at South Georgia Motorsports Park, we are looking for an advance signup to attend this event. More details on the track availability and price to follow.

Details for the event can be found at http://www.zr1registry.com . There is also an online signup for the event to better assist us accommodate everyone. If you are thinking of attending, please sign up as “tentative”. While we are tracking attendees for the entire event, those planning on attending Gordon’s class must complete his
registration forms (found on the website) and send them with payment to Gordon by 11 Nov. Gordon and Chris will accept cash only on the day of the event. Cost per student is $200…. knowing just a portion of
what Gordon knows... PRICELESS!

Accommodations are also listed. This is the same weekend as the nearby Florida / Florida State football game, so make your reservations as soon as possible. We have a block of rooms at both the Holiday Inn
Express and the Jameson Inn, but expect them to go quick. Additional hotels for Thomasville are also listed. The website has all pertinent information about the weekend, however please feel free to email me at serd@zr1.net.

I look forward a great weekend and seeing everyone there!

Best Regards,

Mark Horner
91 ZR-1, #2016
Southeast Regional Director
ZR-1 Net Registry
serd@zr1.net
Old 11-05-2004, 12:08 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
I just spoke to Aaron Scott and he let me know that Gordon and Chris Killabrew won't be able to make it to SGC and run the school this year due to some health issues. wishing them both a speedy recovery!! super nice folks.

we are trying to contact Jim Smith to see if he is available to do some dyno tuning to fill this time slot on Wed/Thursday if anyone is interested.

I'll keep you folks posted.
That is too bad about Gordon - tuning sessions would be cool too - but I won't be there either way - got a bit of a drive, if you know what I mean.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:30 PM
SGCZR1
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doc, are you taking the 415?
Old 11-05-2004, 02:23 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SGCZR1
Godwilling!!!

Old 11-05-2004, 04:36 PM
4cefed
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Julio, are you taking that import sounding clown shoe to SGC this year?

Originally Posted by SGCZR1
Old 11-05-2004, 10:45 PM
A26B
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 4cefed
Hey Julio, are you taking that import sounding clown shoe to SGC this year?
To heck with the clown shoe, bring the girl in your avatar
Old 11-08-2004, 07:51 AM
SGCZR1
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will not be taking mine, and the girl is staying with me in the hotel
However, there will be some Snakes there to play with those 415s
Old 11-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

dwight and I will be there and gathering notes for an upcoming article on SGC. make sure to see us so we can interview and hear about your zr-1 story and check out your ride. If anyone is short a ZR-! I will be bringing the 93 LPE for sale. see it on ebay, if you buy it, I can deliver to SGC.

really potent nice 93 Lingy at stocker price. need to give a warm home before winter, the bigger doggie moved it out of the dog house.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR-1 Weekend at South Georgia Corvette (SGC)

Quick Reply: ZR-1 Weekend at South Georgia Corvette (SGC)