C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ebay drm zr1

Old 04-09-2004, 05:53 AM
Last Ride
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (Bans25)

Last ride, I also went from a 78' to the ZR-1

Past vettes were
87' Vert,
78 SA
90 Z..

Z is my favorite by far!, but I did like the look of the 78' SA...

[Modified by Bans25, 12:07 AM 4/9/2004]
Yeah, the car's a tad more than I wanted to spend, but with the ability to trade my '78 rather than deal with the niche market of selling a '78 with a motor conversion, I might just have to jump on it. Come to think of it, I know a Corvette mechanic in Champaign (where we would meet so I could look the car over) that could give the car a once-over. Anyone other ZR1 owners in Central IL able to offer expert opinion, just let me know. Thanks for all the feedback.

Bryan
Old 04-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Demps
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (Last Ride)

These cars can get expensive fast. Protect yourself--take the car to Marc Haibeck in Chicago and pay him a fee to look it over. PUT THE CAR ON A DYNO!!! Make sure the 368 is still there. You are buying it for the extra performance. I love this particular car. I have a photo of it on my computer and wrote the seller off of autotrader a while back but got no reply. It has everything I would like to do to a ZR-1. But I would make sure it is all there. I was looking at a LPE 368 a while back but it only dyno'd at 398 rwhp. My stock 350 dyno'd at 390 rwhp. You should see in the vicinity of 425 on an older 368.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:13 AM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (SurfnSun)

Rough,rough,rough!

I have been looking at this car as well. I emailed the seller (he had stated that he might be interested in a trade), but have yet to hear back from him. The above comment has me concerned, however. From the pics, it looks pretty clean! All the mods are tasteful, and would save me money from doing them myself in the long run.

Hell its a DRM 368...even if it needed a bit of cosmetic work its still a good buy.

Yeah man where is the rough rough rough comming from?

If that car is rough I guess im in trouble with my 90 with 41,000 on the clock now!

I think that car looks great from the pics, If you have a car you are going to drive it is going to get a few defects here and there, I will never own a car that is to sit in the garage and never get driven! some people do or a weekend car thats ok but when you look at this car with over 30,000 miles I would be throwing the up if there wasnt some kind of paint issues on the front, that would mean repaint! If this car is set up for racing and probably was raced, the car is not going to be perfect, and for the price if it has the 368 it is well worth it, the motor has had something done to it mainly paint and most owners wont come close to pulling a cam cover on their own so someone did the worK!

Does anyone have a dyno sheet from brazilfree??
or from this car in general?

johnny
Old 04-09-2004, 03:03 PM
bhamvett
Safety Car

Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (phrogs)

Rough,rough,rough!

I have been looking at this car as well. I emailed the seller (he had stated that he might be interested in a trade), but have yet to hear back from him. The above comment has me concerned, however. From the pics, it looks pretty clean! All the mods are tasteful, and would save me money from doing them myself in the long run.

Hell its a DRM 368...even if it needed a bit of cosmetic work its still a good buy.

Yeah man where is the rough rough rough comming from?

If that car is rough I guess im in trouble with my 90 with 41,000 on the clock now!

I think that car looks great from the pics, If you have a car you are going to drive it is going to get a few defects here and there, I will never own a car that is to sit in the garage and never get driven! some people do or a weekend car thats ok but when you look at this car with over 30,000 miles I would be throwing the up if there wasnt some kind of paint issues on the front, that would mean repaint! If this car is set up for racing and probably was raced, the car is not going to be perfect, and for the price if it has the 368 it is well worth it, the motor has had something done to it mainly paint and most owners wont come close to pulling a cam cover on their own so someone did the worK!

Does anyone have a dyno sheet from brazilfree??
or from this car in general?

johnny
The car I saw on Ebay was COVERED with pounds of dust, and looked
rough. It was turquoise. The car on Ebay is Turquoise NOT TEAL.
I know I had a turqoise ZR1. Maybe it's the wrong pic. And it says
nothing about the car being a DRM car. If that is the car, it is rough!
Old 04-09-2004, 03:32 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (bhamvett)

The car I saw on Ebay was COVERED with pounds of dust, and looked
rough. It was turquoise. The car on Ebay is Turquoise NOT TEAL.
I know I had a turqoise ZR1. Maybe it's the wrong pic. And it says
nothing about the car being a DRM car. If that is the car, it is rough!
Ok that was the car I had a link to its teal like your old one was and yes it had a ton of dust on it I even think the hood ornamate was gone!

the one these guys are talking about is in a link that bans25 posted its a blue one not the teal as the original poster had said and thats why I posted that other one as it was the only"teal" car on ebay at the time.

johnny
Old 04-09-2004, 05:14 PM
wb9mcw
Instructor

Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (phrogs)

considering how much it would cost you to get a 368 mod. done by a pro shop it seems like a great deal even if it is a tad rough...the quart of oil every 700 miles would be a biger concern to me though!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Last Ride
Burning Brakes

Default Re: ebay drm zr1

A call to DRM revealed a potential source of the EML-title designation. I will keep you all informed.

Bryan
Old 04-10-2004, 04:59 PM
brazilfree
Advanced

Nice to see everyone has some interest. I don't have a dyno but have been speaking with someone up the road about doing one. Not to prove anything just want to know the numbers. As to the power diff between stock and mine.. as I have had a 90 , I think it is safe
to say it is what it is. Also if one reads the paperwork from DRM it states DRM "BLACK" LT5 368cu 500 horespower $20.000 (which was after discount due to the total package). The copy of this is on ebay in a pic. It is a nice vehicle and if I don't sell it fine.. just looking for another toy
Old 04-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Last Ride
Burning Brakes

Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (brazilfree)

Nice to see everyone has some interest. I don't have a dyno but have been speaking with someone up the road about doing one. Not to prove anything just want to know the numbers. As to the power diff between stock and mine.. as I have had a 90 , I think it is safe
to say it is what it is. Also if one reads the paperwork from DRM it states DRM "BLACK" LT5 368cu 500 horespower $20.000 (which was after discount due to the total package). The copy of this is on ebay in a pic. It is a nice vehicle and if I don't sell it fine.. just looking for another toy
And I hope to be the one to take it off your hands ;-) The call to Rippie DID confirm it is a 368. Also confirmed was that some oil consumption (depending on driving habits) is normal. Danny, we are looking at Tuesday or Thursday for a "meet in the middle". Let me know if something else would work better for you.

Bryan
Old 04-11-2004, 02:22 AM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (wb9mcw)

considering how much it would cost you to get a 368 mod. done by a pro shop it seems like a great deal even if it is a tad rough...the quart of oil every 700 miles would be a biger concern to me though!!!
________________________________________ ________________________

A quart every 700 miles on a 90 with no exhaust valve guide seals doesn't seem like a big problem to me... I have seen a quart disappear in 300 miles before... and that motor is still running good at 80K+ miles as far as I know...

Before writing it off... if your serious... have a compression check run on the motor... that should tell you something about the condition of the rings and valves...

It took over 2000 miles for my 91 to use a quart... but I have valve guide seals...
Old 04-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Last Ride
Burning Brakes

Well, I went for a drive in this beast this afternoon. I must say, I am pretty impressed! First of all, I have only driven one other ZR1 that was stock, and I can personally put to rest any doubts that the motor is not a 368; it most definitely is! Second, the car was not cleaned up, but it was still in petter shape than I expected it to be in. The paint does have some minor flaws, but even the worst of those is only apparent when standing right in front of the vehicle. I put in a call to the finance company, and if all goes well, I hope to have this car in my garage by the end of the week! If things don't work out, Danny (brazilfree) is a heck of a guy and I am sure he will have no problems finding another buyer (if that is REALLY what he wants, lol). Will keep you all posted.

Bryan
Old 04-15-2004, 09:08 AM
solid dobe
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (solid dobe)

I posted the question in the first place. Sorry I was not well-versed in posting links. :bb I will do better in the future. You all were most informative, as a matter of fact it reminded me of an old man who lived in my neighborhood when I was a kid. If you needed something done to your car, just show up at his house complaining that you did not understand the instructions or did not have the right tool, and before long, he would say, "weeeeelllll.... let's take a look at it" then before you knew it, he had it perfectly installed or whatever was needed. (a treasure to a bunch of broke teenagers) So thanks for all the great info. and Brazilfree please let us know on the forum if the car sells, 'cause if it does not I finally have my financing arranged!
Old 04-15-2004, 10:11 AM
brazilfree
Advanced

I posted the question in the first place. Sorry I was not well-versed in posting links. :bb I will do better in the future. You all were most informative, as a matter of fact it reminded me of an old man who lived in my neighborhood when I was a kid. If you needed something done to your car, just show up at his house complaining that you did not understand the instructions or did not have the right tool, and before long, he would say, "weeeeelllll.... let's take a look at it" then before you knew it, he had it perfectly installed or whatever was needed. (a treasure to a bunch of broke teenagers) So thanks for all the great info. and Brazilfree please let us know on the forum if the car sells, 'cause if it does not I finally have my financing arranged!
She has not sold as of today. I know there are two people working on it. Only one has taken the time to see it. I am not in a hurry. If I have it in June/July it will be going on my Mexico trip. It becomes a much more interesting car there as speed is not the issue. I'll take proper pic's.

Solid Dobe , I have learned never to worry too much about what some folks say on this site. Most are very helpful and have tons of knowledge. The others are just learning or know too much.

[Modified by brazilfree, 3:15 PM 4/15/2004]
Old 04-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Last Ride
Burning Brakes

Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (brazilfree)

Well, financing went through for me, now expect them to call you to meet with you and "verify the VIN". Hopefully, we can get the details worked out as per our conversation. I don't want to get too excited yet, but the hurdle of the financing is finally behind me! I don't know what excites me more, the car, or the fact that my wife actually LIKES it! In any case, if everything checks out on your end, Danny, then consider the car sold to me! Thanks again.

Bryan
Old 04-15-2004, 05:41 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Hey - congrats buddy - that is huge!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 06:05 PM
kabnvtt
Burning Brakes

WOW, that is pretty damn cool. Enjoy the power.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:19 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Default Re: ebay drm zr1 (DDSLT5)

Hey - congrats buddy - that is huge!!!
ITS time to party!

Get notified of new replies

To ebay drm zr1

Old 04-21-2004, 06:30 PM
solid dobe
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

I have waited as long as I could stand it, were you able to get the car? If you did, I assume you have not been able to get out of it long enough to post and that is certainly understandable. Have some mercy on the rest of us with an update on how great the car is to drive.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Last Ride
Burning Brakes

I have waited as long as I could stand it, were you able to get the car? If you did, I assume you have not been able to get out of it long enough to post and that is certainly understandable. Have some mercy on the rest of us with an update on how great the car is to drive.
We are still waiting on the inspection by the financier. They managed to muck things up, and Danny still hasn't gotten a call from them so they can take a look at it! Anyway, it will all hopefully be sorted out tomorrow. If we can get things ironed out, the car will be in my garage by the end of this week or the beginning of next week! Stay tuned.

Bryan
Old 04-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Last Ride
Burning Brakes

Update--
Well, this weekend was a no go as neither schedule permitted it. The inspector should take a look at the vehicle tomorrow. Then the paperwork will be finished, and we are shooting for a hook up/ exchange towards the end of the week. I already have plans to use the car this weekend, so I hope it pulls off smoothly, lol!

Bryan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ebay drm zr1