C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Best ride height for DRM & FX3

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 09:32 PM
zrracer
Drifting

Received 187 Likes on 139 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '11, '14

Please measure from the frame as suggested.
for alignment purposes and scaling the car. I put my weight of bags of salt in the drivers seat.
I break a paint stick into 2 small pieces. Go to one side press up against the frame and floor. Take the same measurement to the same spot on the other side and adjust as needed. Summit sell a little spring deal to accomplish the same procedure.
their are exact spots front and rear ro do the measuring and exact heights. I can not remember the mm difference between front and back but..........I would not change that rake percentage.
I bet someone here has one of the old Manuel's and can provide the proper info. I will look and c if I can find it. If so I will post.
robin
👍

SA1, SA2, SA3, SA4, DA1, DA2, DA5, DA6:
Factory Ride Height to 1.5" Drop
Frame Height Approx: F: 5"/ R: 5.25"
DA3, DA4:
2" drop, minimum ride height adjustable
race & advanced street/slammed look
**Max 2.375" Total Shock Travel.
Frame Height Approx: F: 4"/ R: 4.25" Not recommended for street applications.
BEFORE ORDERING:
Measure your frame to ground clearance, from just behind the front wheels and just in front of the rear wheels.
Front Ride Height: LH_______ RH________ Rear Ride Height: LH_______ RH________
Establish how much you want to lower your Corvette. If you decide to go LOWER than 1.5". you’ll only have the option of double adjustable shocks, DA3 & DA4. If you must have single adjustable, it’s a custom order and non-returnable. **Max 2.375" Total Shock Travel.
After your purchase:
What if you end up too low, or not low enough. You’ll need to order a new set of coilovers, we will not simply exchange your old units. If you want to return your old coilovers, there will be a restocking fee of 20% depending on condition of the returned equipment.
Measure These Two Points
FACTORY

found at vansteel

Last edited by zrracer; 08-15-2023 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Add info
The following 2 users liked this post by zrracer:
Daniel_Mc (08-16-2023), HAWAIIZR-1 (08-15-2023)
Old 08-17-2023, 07:01 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,303 Likes on 1,202 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Adjusted the rears up some more, I'm now right at 5" to the frame rail in front and right at 5.25-5.5" at the rear. The ride is better, but still has some bounce, but nothing near as bad as it was before. I cleaned the dirt off the shocks and will see if it comes back, it was only on the front of each rear shock, so I'm guessing it was just road dirt/grime. I may just have to do stiffer rear springs as I really don't want to go any higher. Of course I could just pull the whole setup and replace with VanSteel's DA4 max lowering setup.

Rear after adjusting up:

The following users liked this post:
HAWAIIZR-1 (08-21-2023)

Quick Reply: Best ride height for DRM & FX3