C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

I am now the owner of a 1994 ZR-1

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 05:03 PM
Zidane
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

NICE! Hope to see you in it around ATL sometime.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:58 PM
zyal8r
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

@Preshenne Wow! Congrats to you as well. I drooled over that one the entire time it was on BaT. I love these yellow ones. @Tokuzumi Clearly, you are in good company!

One last picture to share. It's just a disease. I've owned the '96 for over 21 years, and the ZR-1 for about nine months.

Enjoy, all!

Mike

The following 4 users liked this post by zyal8r:
1993C4LT1 (06-15-2022), Dredgeguy (06-15-2022), Preshenne (06-15-2022), ZR1Bob (06-15-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 11:46 PM
Tokuzumi
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

@zyal8r those are some sexy Corvettes. While all Corvettes are red, I'm glad we got the mistakes

Went to the DOT for my tag. I was only in the DMV for 20 minutes, including wait time and getting my tag. Temp tag while I wait on my antique car tag.

Haven't given the car full beans yet, but getting it up to 4k RPM, I'm easily able to close the gap between me and the car in front of me. The shifter is very different from my Datsun 280ZX. Shift gates seem much farther apart in the Corvette. And the CAGS annoys me, just like it did when I had my 95 Firebird Formula. Most of the time I remember to just shift out at 20mph, but I forgot and lugged across a yellow at an intersection.

This weekend I'll test the PCV vales to see if they are bad (shake like a spray paint can, and listen for the rattling). If so, I'll spend the few dollars on new grommets and PCV valves. We'll see if this takes care of my oil smoke issue. No smoke on start up, so this leads me to believe the valve stem seals are good for now. I can do a compression test since I have the tester in my tool box.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:04 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Tokuzumi
@zyal8r those are some sexy Corvettes. While all Corvettes are red, I'm glad we got the mistakes

Went to the DOT for my tag. I was only in the DMV for 20 minutes, including wait time and getting my tag. Temp tag while I wait on my antique car tag.

Haven't given the car full beans yet, but getting it up to 4k RPM, I'm easily able to close the gap between me and the car in front of me. The shifter is very different from my Datsun 280ZX. Shift gates seem much farther apart in the Corvette. And the CAGS annoys me, just like it did when I had my 95 Firebird Formula. Most of the time I remember to just shift out at 20mph, but I forgot and lugged across a yellow at an intersection.

This weekend I'll test the PCV vales to see if they are bad (shake like a spray paint can, and listen for the rattling). If so, I'll spend the few dollars on new grommets and PCV valves. We'll see if this takes care of my oil smoke issue. No smoke on start up, so this leads me to believe the valve stem seals are good for now. I can do a compression test since I have the tester in my tool box.
Easy to replace the stock shifter with a Hurst, ZFDoc or similar unit and have it look stock using the original ****. I had it done on both my ZR-1s. And CAGS is also easy to eliminate, either by simply unplugging it and sealing the plugs, or by chip programming which is the best way. --Bob

Quick Reply: I am now the owner of a 1994 ZR-1