C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Can someone explain to me how a 96 Grand sport...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 09:21 PM
glenx122
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Collector Edition also had a special suspension option.
Can't remember what it's called. (FX 3 maybe)
3 switch controlled options.
My 1996 Aqua LT4 does not have this.
Mine does not have digital a/c control or Bose stereo either.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:15 PM
Fauxari08
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Default ...

Originally Posted by glenx122
Collector Edition also had a special suspension option.
Can't remember what it's called. (FX 3 maybe)
3 switch controlled options.
My 1996 Aqua LT4 does not have this.
Mine does not have digital a/c control or Bose stereo either.
you have a true base model.with a very RARE color.. The suspension/shocks you are referring to are F45 first year and carried over to the C5. i took the heavy *** junk f45 shocks off my car and put coilovers.to slam it. Jongbloeds up front and 17x11 A Molds in rear . To the OP you failed to mention the 140K G\\S was a VERT Red Gut. Not a coupe. BIG difference in prices on low mile GS between verts and coupes. but some bleeder coupes are bringing 70-80 k in last year. . 1963 Z06 199 produced 1996 GS convertible. 190.produced paint and stickers and a VIN to complete the values. the prices will increase dramatically in the next 10 -15 years. C4 are the red head step child of Vettes and people that don't take care of them ruin the market For al c4 owners. AKA TURDS!

Old 05-21-2021, 12:15 AM
Drbobzr1
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Finalist

Wow......after reading all the posts....bottom line is I have 22k plus dollars (and lot of labor) invested in a wide body zr1 with everything working and running well... , with the extremely cool 96 gs paint scheme and all the updates of the GS, like brakes, moulding, battery covers, bumpers, lighting...etc........
My other daily is a Black 1996 LT4 ...very clean, runs great, 315 in the rear, red calipers, shiny paint, black interior
I get compliments on both cars as they Both look really nice.......There is no comparison... any c1, c3 ,c3 ,c4 ,c5 ,c6 ,c7 owners acknowledge the presence of the gs zr1 on the highway, as well as , teen agers , 12-20 year olds stare, old ladies smile, not to mention the slight nod from present exotic car owners... .........THE LT4 IS JUST ANOTHER BLACK VETTE BY COMPARISION.....just my experioence
Old 05-21-2021, 12:36 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by Drbobzr1
..THE LT4 IS JUST ANOTHER BLACK VETTE BY COMPARISION.....just my experioence
Damn...that sucks. My plain-Jane, '92 with some red paint on it gets props from:
teen agers , 12-20 year olds stare, old ladies smile, not to mention the slight nod from present exotic car owners
I just picked up my son from his HS this afternoon....I felt like I was in a Ferrari, with the stares I was getting. Maybe I should try adding some vinyl/decal stripes and really send it over the top? IDK...probably not.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:31 AM
Fauxari08
Pro

Default ....

Wow......after reading all the posts....bottom line is I have 22k plus dollars (and lot of labor) invested in a wide body zr1 with everything working and running well... , with the extremely cool 96 gs paint scheme and all the updates of the GS, like brakes, moulding, battery covers, bumpers, lighting...etc........
My other daily is a Black 1996 LT4 ...very clean, runs great, 315 in the rear, red calipers, shiny paint, black interior
I get compliments on both cars as they Both look really nice.......There is no comparison... any c1, c3 ,c3 ,c4 ,c5 ,c6 ,c7 owners acknowledge the presence of the gs zr1 on the highway, as well as , teen agers , 12-20 year olds stare, old ladies smile, not to mention the slight nod from present exotic car owners... .........THE LT4 IS JUST ANOTHER BLACK VETTE BY COMPARISION.....just my experience
LT4 is an engine not a car(Vette) Sorry to hear about the 22k and extensive labor on your high mileage Z. in the end it's worth 15-16 k . For all the GS haters or complainers that it's worth more than a Z or the GS is just a plain jane vette with stickers. oh well not gonna make me feel bad ii own a rare limited production car that i paid good money for 15 years ago. could of bought 3 90 Z's or 2 91's at that time and i chose not to. . **** i have had 4 Z 's go through my hands and have one now i'm gonna do an LS swap. . i've parted 4 of them and LOVE the LT5i didn't buy as a personal car because like most that have thought about owning one is intimidating fact of costly repairs and if something breaks you are not likely to turn a wrench and fix it yourself let alone find good parts. In the thick of things is my GS worth what i paid for it?? hell no. but when i get in it ad drive her and makes me forget about all the stress in life . I don't really notice the stripes. or what model it is. i drive it because i love the C4's and most Vettes. Honestly i have catered to MANY of you in the last 13 years selling parts from a Z or low mileage cars. .

so remember Kiddos, when you go to bed a night, just remember the GS will ALWAYS be worth more than a Z HAHA.. J/K... like to stir the pot. Damn... a Prius is worth more than a most Z's BY COMPARISON i don't hear people complaining about that.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:39 AM
Drbobzr1
Racer

sorry to see You totally missed the point.... its about appreciation and passion ............................... . and the absence of Hostility which your last post exhibits
Old 05-21-2021, 10:41 AM
Fauxari08
Pro

sorry to see You totally missed the point.... its about appreciation and passion ............................... . and the absence of Hostility which your last post exhibits
Bob, did you learn that interpretation in your extensive schooling to become a Doctor? Oh wait you're not a Dr. you claim to be one. KOO KOO Bob i don't like you personally , you know who i am i'm the one who told you to go F... yourself on the phone a few years back. my first sentence in this post was directed towards you. the rest is just me blabbleing like most do on here. i'll bet any amount of money you didn't do that car yourself. you bought it that way. Hence dealers license tag on back. Prove you built it. i can't give you any credibility when you claim to be a doctor.

I have more passion in my right big toe than your entire body for these cars.. Honestly you should stop selling parts for them because you are clueless on what you are selling. i see your craigslist ads. it's comical even that lt5 you are trying to sell is junk.. appreciation and PASSION?? atleast clean the rust out of the outlet pipes for pictures.. GAWD AWFUL.. oh BTW if the MODS would do their job you'd be banned for advertising your car offering a Car for sale (advertising it the way you do is against Forum Policy YOu are a dealer and should be paying dealer vendor fess. OH AND TO DEFEND MY SO CALLED HOSTILITY. I GET TIRED OF SEEING PEOPLE KNOCK A CAR I LOVE AND OWN PERSONALLY. Not many people own one and i'm very PASSIONETTE about the heritage of the GS. DEEEE NUTZZZZ
Old 05-21-2021, 10:51 AM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

so remember Kiddos, when you go to bed a night, just remember the GS will ALWAYS be worth more than a Z HAHA.. J/K... like to stir the pot. Damn... a Prius is worth more than a most Z's BY COMPARISON i don't hear people complaining about that.[/QUOTE]
YARN | What an *******. | Airplane! (1980) | Video clips by quotes | b407cf8b | 紗 (getyarn.io)
Old 05-21-2021, 11:34 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
It's like the '92 "heritage addition" Camaro. Paint and stripes. Except w/the 'Vette there is the additional, tacky, after thought fender flares....when they already had the ZR-1 fender tooling!
Tom,

With today’s marketing GM would have made the ZR-1 widebody available w an LT1 motor and called it a GrandSport. That’s what they did w subsequent generations and I won’t be surprised when they do it w the C8.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:48 AM
Fauxari08
Pro

Originally Posted by zr1fred
so remember Kiddos, when you go to bed a night, just remember the GS will ALWAYS be worth more than a Z HAHA.. J/K... like to stir the pot. Damn... a Prius is worth more than a most Z's BY COMPARISON i don't hear people complaining about that.
YARN | What an *******. | Airplane! (1980) | Video clips by quotes | b407cf8b | 紗 (getyarn.io)[/QUOTE]
you're clever Fred/... i bet you have bought parts from me for your Z. and if you havent hopefully i don't know you it's ycu calling me an an **** i'll tell you what i told BOB on the phone.. you did see the j/k ?? but i can't talk shH@T with banter when all i see is paint and a sticker. Key word BANTER, but truth isthe Prius is worth more than most Z's. FACT not fiction the paint sticker comments are asinine. but i'm arguing with old men with nothing better to do. becuz the z is the most prized corvette ever made??
Old 05-21-2021, 12:00 PM
Fauxari08
Pro

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
Tom,

With today’s marketing GM would have made the ZR-1 widebody available w an LT1 motor and called it a GrandSport. That’s what they did w subsequent generations and I won’t be surprised when they do it w the C8.
i agree with you, on this. but .they put a 1 year only engine in it and underated horsepower if that. The Original GS in 96 based on the 63 GS was gonna get ax unless they got creative. so they had to sell the white collars GM marketing on producing the CE and other lt4 cars. it would have been too expensive to produce only 1000 cars. .or the 96 GS never would have been made nor the years that follow most likely . We all know who love C4's the ZR1 is special in all aspects . I'm pretty sure i'm only one on here with an LT5 coffee table.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:42 PM
Topduarte
Safety Car

Received 838 Likes on 549 Posts

This one ended up at $49,500 with buyers fees inluded.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0521-46...t-convertible/

Old 05-21-2021, 02:09 PM
Fauxari08
Pro

Originally Posted by Topduarte
This one ended up at $49,500 with buyers fees inluded.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0521-46...t-convertible/
Thats strong money for a 17,000 mile car. if that was 1700 miles with red gut closer to 70- 80 k . that car doesn't even have boriginal exhaust. 17,000 is almost on cusp of losing collector car status. For now that is... there was another one with 100 miles or so going thru somewhere proected at 100K range but can't find it. thanks for the post up

this is the one i was watching this will determine the GS market. i'd say it will hit the 100k but it takes that bidding war to accomplish a strong price.

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Convertible | S68 | Indy 2021 (mecum.com)

Last edited by Fauxari08; 05-22-2021 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:00 AM
Drbobzr1
Racer

Fauxari08 .... was at a funeral all day yesterday, or else i would have responded sooner..... I don't recall any conversation with you. I invite you to have a private conversation with me so whatever situation is between us can be resolved peacefully....
The following users liked this post:
Mid-Years Forever! (01-13-2022)

Quick Reply: Can someone explain to me how a 96 Grand sport...