C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Cracked Rear Panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 07:53 PM
ccmano
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Iridium
I don't know if I should revive this thread, but to anyone wondering how the car ended up I have good news and the rear panel was repaired and looks as good as new. Additionally, I brought the car with me to Germany after having spent 10 months in the US and got it registered as a historic car and am just waiting for good weather to take it for a nice drive (the weather this year has been really bad so far). I've attached a semi-good image I took recently.

Good to hear you got it fixed and looking good too. Take that thing out on the Autobahn and drive it like you stole it!
H
Old 05-04-2021, 09:49 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

Curious how the fix was done and what it cost, as there were so many very high estimates posted here.. --Bob
Old 05-04-2021, 09:57 AM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you were able to get it repaired to your satisfaction.
Old 05-04-2021, 01:37 PM
Iridium
Navigator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Bob
Curious how the fix was done and what it cost, as there were so many very high estimates posted here.. --Bob
How exactly the fix was done I don't know, but I gave to an old guy with lots of experience in treating glass fibre. The total cost of the repair was around 1800$.

Quick Reply: Cracked Rear Panel