C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ECM Label

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 02:24 PM
JetJock
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ECM Label

My ECM label is missing from my car. Does anybody have the capability to duplicate another one?
Old 08-01-2014, 03:21 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

We continue to patiently wait....

Someone, I am sure, could figure out a way to do this properly, and likely make some nice money for their investment of time and talent.

More and more of us need or soon will need that label.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-z...available.html

Marty
NCRSZR1
95PACER
Old 08-01-2014, 04:36 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Is your request for an NCRS acceptable label OR you're just missing it and would like one to be there. I see no reason why an acceptable couldn't be done and placed on an acceptable label that would pass the test.

What is the year of your car? Do you have the build sheet so you can supply the correct ECM information? The ECM code is in various block locations on build sheets so it will vary car to car.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:37 AM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I am looking for an NCRS level replacement ideally, but would not rule out a simple yet sort of correct one either, as mine looks like trash.
With more and more C-4's going for Flight Judging, many would likely need a replacement as well.
Once time is invested duplicating the size, layout, font size etc., they would be very easy to enter the specific car info and churn them out.
I have paid foolish sums for other needed small things, as do others, so this would be no different.
Any enterprising kid could likely figure it all out in an hour or so.
Still in line.

Marty
NCRSZR1
95PACER
Old 08-11-2014, 12:51 PM
JetJock
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default ECM label

I want the ECM label for NCRS. Didnt notice it missing until I got the car home. I talked to you before on the ZR-1 Net Forum. It's a 93 Ruby and the build date was April 23, 1993 and the broadcast code is BFDM.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:10 PM
JetJock
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default ECM Label

I contacted the ECS VIN people and found out that they can not
duplicate the ECM label.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:34 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JetJock
I contacted the ECS VIN people and found out that they can not
duplicate the ECM label.
I didn't believe that they would BUT I'll bet they could LOL

I don't know why a very good one couldn't be done from just a very good "snapshot" of a perfect one. I sent some scans of the EMISSIONS/ROUTING years ago to a couple fellows and suggested just using a quality clear laminate sheet with them after printing on "quality maybe photo" sheet stock and they said it did well. The scans weren't even real high resolution. I guess the "white over black" just works better.

A couple years ago, maybe many ago I did some SPID labels for a couple cars, '86 I believe and nearly had it done to satisfaction. The FONT on the SPID header/border was very tough mine wasn't correct but close. What looked to be correct was part of a $100 package.

The owner was happy with the work I believe and for driver quality I was also. A pay to refine it? Maybe but NOT my money.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 03-30-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:32 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,143 Likes on 597 Posts

Just want to make sure I understand what you are looking for...

You want the bar code and part number labeling for the ECM...the engine computer mounted at the base of the left A-pillar or...you want the Federal emissions sticker which is located under the hood but no on the ECM.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:48 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson
Just want to make sure I understand what you are looking for...

You want the bar code and part number labeling for the ECM...the engine computer mounted at the base of the left A-pillar or...you want the Federal emissions sticker which is located under the hood but no on the ECM.

JetJock wants the ECM label. He mentions the code required for his.

I mentioned doing the SPID (satisfactory I believe for less than NCRS) and did scans of NOS Emissions/routing for others.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-16-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:48 PM
blownrunner
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just take a digital picture of it, take it to a print shop, and have them make one. I re-did my shocks and have the warning labels and delco bilstein labels made. Sure not original, but you can't tell.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:03 AM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by blownrunner
Just take a digital picture of it, take it to a print shop, and have them make one. I re-did my shocks and have the warning labels and delco bilstein labels made. Sure not original, but you can't tell.
My picture would reveal a wrinkled piece of white label with no discernable words, numbers, layout, etc.
I am sure I would have the ECM number on my build sheet, but do not know what other data is included on it, and what it looks like.

Marty
NCRSZR-1(Multiple Top Flight, but with point deductions for the label)
Old 04-27-2016, 09:19 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1
My picture would reveal a wrinkled piece of white label with no discernable words, numbers, layout, etc.
I am sure I would have the ECM number on my build sheet, but do not know what other data is included on it, and what it looks like.

Marty
NCRSZR-1(Multiple Top Flight, but with point deductions for the label)
ECM code is in a different block of the build sheet I believe for various years. Yours is what? I posted this info a very long time ago I'm sure for various years. If you have the correct ECM code I believe most of the ECM labels have been "imaged" and should be searchable. A snapshot from anyone with a correct ECM code should do. I don't recall a "date-code" but haven't looked for a very long time.
The following users liked this post:
DRM500RUBYZR-1 (04-27-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 10:40 AM
kenpeindl
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

I was playing around one day and made one for my 90. Not the exact font but close and is the correct size label. I changed the service number and BCC which would be correct for your 93. To the untrained eye I think it would pass. Just need to get it printed out on the proper label material.

Ken
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
ecm-bfdm-93-zr1.pdf (17.4 KB, 109 views)
The following users liked this post:
DRM500RUBYZR-1 (04-27-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 04:27 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
ECM code is in a different block of the build sheet I believe for various years. Yours is what? I posted this info a very long time ago I'm sure for various years. If you have the correct ECM code I believe most of the ECM labels have been "imaged" and should be searchable. A snapshot from anyone with a correct ECM code should do. I don't recall a "date-code" but haven't looked for a very long time.
Many thanks for that info!!!
I will search for it!
Again, thank you!

Marty
Old 04-27-2016, 04:56 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kenpeindl
I was playing around one day and made one for my 90. Not the exact font but close and is the correct size label. I changed the service number and BCC which would be correct for your 93. To the untrained eye I think it would pass. Just need to get it printed out on the proper label material.

Ken
Wow!!!
After 18+ yrs of ownership, I now for the first time see what my label might have looked like!
I will print that, and then copy it on suitable label paper.
Please PM me an address so that I may send funds to cover the cost of a case of Urn City, or Urn City Light, as they said to me once at a bar at your airport, confusing the heck out of me.
I really appreciate your efforts, and again,
Thanks!

Marty
Old 04-27-2016, 06:54 PM
kenpeindl
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

For NCRS the service number (which is the part number) is the only item judged on the ECM for originality.

Ken
Old 04-27-2016, 07:10 PM
A26B
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kenpeindl

Ken
For those who may not know, the 4 letters in the top right corner, is the prom factory calibration code.

1993~95 Calibrations with release date & PN
BFDM, Rel 09Nov92, PN 16190633
BKKR, Rel 12Nov93, PN 16201452
BMCB, Rel 05Jul95, PN16209008

Get notified of new replies

To ECM Label

Quick Reply: ECM Label