C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

best source for RAM 9 dual disk

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:15 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Default best source for RAM 9 dual disk

in the spirit of "while I'm in there" one visit to Dr. Phil got me slobbering on some of his high end upgrade parts. not to mention the pristine
ZR-1 that is beyond compare!

my car also "drives through" the clutch in 3rd gear with the drag radials on it.

since I'll have the driveshaft and c beam out already, it's time to pull the tranny and upgrade to the dual disk.

looking to go ahead with that. I'll have a fresh pressure plate, clutch disk (not wounded, I haven't raced this one), and fidanza flywheel for sale soon!! (and a used dual mass in good condition too)

thanks for any advice and driving impressions on the dual disk

also interested in what the pedal feel and streetability is like

I drive my car in traffic a fair amount

when I drove Bob G.'s car briefly, it felt GREAT!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
in the spirit of "while I'm in there" one visit to Dr. Phil got me slobbering on some of his high end upgrade parts. not to mention the pristine
ZR-1 that is beyond compare!

my car also "drives through" the clutch in 3rd gear with the drag radials on it.

since I'll have the driveshaft and c beam out already, it's time to pull the tranny and upgrade to the dual disk.

looking to go ahead with that. I'll have a fresh pressure plate, clutch disk (not wounded, I haven't raced this one), and fidanza flywheel for sale soon!! (and a used dual mass in good condition too)

thanks for any advice and driving impressions on the dual disk

also interested in what the pedal feel and streetability is like

I drive my car in traffic a fair amount

when I drove Bob G.'s car briefly, it felt GREAT!!!
Ron,

U may want to check w FU re: available unit.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:14 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

will do thx for the tip

Paging FU
Old 05-15-2014, 06:27 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

like to hear more feedback on the dual disk. decided to hold off for a while as my bank account cried "no mas"

how bad is the gear rattle on the ZF with the dual disk?

clutch pedal feel? streetability?

I primarily drive the LSV on the street and on trips and value the "street feel"

the only time I've had trouble putting down 500 at the tire is at the digs with drag radials. the stock clutch can't quite hold it and 3rd gear starts to slip the clutch after coming out hard and clearly is getting over heated (clutch smell) after a few trips down the quarter

don't do any crazy burn outs are slip the clutch excessively coming out of the hole but clearly I'm at the "upper limit" of what the stock clutch can take witht he fidanza flywheel

I think this picture might be different with the dual mass too. more intertia stored which makes the clutch hook a bit better (less slipping getting underway)

thanks for any feedback.

Get notified of new replies

To best source for RAM 9 dual disk

Quick Reply: best source for RAM 9 dual disk