C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Anyone recognize this one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 07:15 PM
LantanaTX
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USAZR1;1586468915[/QUOTE

Those tips sure look like B&B's to me.
It would be great if you experienced people agree on the exhaust and any other mods you see. So far you have all been a huge help!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:37 PM
LT5corsa
1994 Admiral Blue ZZZZZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Northeast Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Those tips sure look like B&B's to me.
It would be great if you experienced people agree on the exhaust and any other mods you see. So far you have all been a huge help![/QUOTE]

100% B&B Exhaust

Very interesting paint!! C5 front emblem? The front bumper is very hazy and needs repainted. If you don't have the paint code, it will be very tough to match

$13k is a steal...

Check maintenance records.

How does the car run at wot. (Wide open throttle?)

How does the interior look?

David
Old 03-22-2014, 07:47 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Definitely B&B they're just a little dirty I think.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:13 PM
LantanaTX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LT5corsa
It would be great if you experienced people agree on the exhaust and any other mods you see. So far you have all been a huge help!
100% B&B Exhaust

Very interesting paint!! C5 front emblem? The front bumper is very hazy and needs repainted. If you don't have the paint code, it will be very tough to match

$13k is a steal...

Check maintenance records.

How does the car run at wot. (Wide open throttle?)

How does the interior look?

David[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing about the hazed bumper until I saw other pictures. It was a reflection on a dusty car. Paint is actually perfect. The paint if probably not that old if it is fact cyber grey since that came out in 2009?. I am hoping the guy who painted it used a factory corvette color. The interior picture wasn't very good and hard to tell but the steering wheel leather looked rough and there is a whole in the dash where the radio was.

The nose emblem need to go. Who sells the mufflers with the vacuum butterfly's? That type of muffler with Corsa tips would be my preference.

Last edited by LantanaTX; 03-22-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:38 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That stumble is probably Secondary related, sould be a somewhat easy fix. You will have a blast with the car/engine, not many shops qualified to work on her though keep that in mind. Got me looking at zr-1's again.
Have someone go look drive it for you!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:41 PM
LantanaTX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by illenema
That stumble is probably Secondary related, sould be a somewhat easy fix. You will have a blast with the car/engine, not many shops qualified to work on her though keep that in mind. Got me looking at zr-1's again.
Have someone go look drive it for you!
Thanks, might be secondary's but I was suspecting fuel injectors (ethanol issue). The owner described a feeling like the secondary's open, tries somewhat to take off but starts to stumbles and fails to really get going. Either way I am prepared to work on it. Shops? What that? Never had a car at a shop unless it was something I bought new and under warranty. I Have all the tools, and equipment to do just about anything to a car. Thanks for the heads up though. If I get stuck on something this is the place to get help.

I have committed to the owner to buy. I am looking forward to perfecting it. the color is great and probably not many cyber grey '90-'95 ZR1's out there. The price will allow me to do some nice things to it without hurting me in the long run. Current mileage is 42,000
Old 03-23-2014, 05:02 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Thanks, might be secondary's but I was suspecting fuel injectors (ethanol issue). The owner described a feeling like the secondary's open, tries somewhat to take off but starts to stumbles and fails to really get going. Either way I am prepared to work on it. Shops? What that? Never had a car at a shop unless it was something I bought new and under warranty. I Have all the tools, and equipment to do just about anything to a car. Thanks for the heads up though. If I get stuck on something this is the place to get help.

I have committed to the owner to buy. I am looking forward to perfecting it. the color is great and probably not many cyber grey '90-'95 ZR1's out there. The price will allow me to do some nice things to it without hurting me in the long run. Current mileage is 42,000
Yep, its all common sense just look at some of the guys on this forum who fix them. I had a broken secondary butterfly linkage, way in there but once that was fixed, I almost lost control of the car unsuspected of the secondary full functional. (sideways) Love that 42K mileage. So where did you see it for sale...
Here is a good read 4 Ya. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...m-diagnosis-2/

Last edited by illenema; 03-23-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:33 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Graybeard ZR1
Or better yet, strip them all off. As long as it's a repaint in a non-stock color, you could get creative without disturbing an original car.

IMHO. that's a beautiful color, and an original Steel Blue pictured above is too. I've been a fan of Silver, and these Silver variants, for a long time. But recently, it seems that every econobox in the world is sprayed silver.
Still a great color. Probably THE color for ZR-1's, in my opinion.

BTW, that's a Borla exhaust. Sweet sounding, but the flow is not the greatest.
Here is a z with borla
Old 03-23-2014, 05:45 PM
LantanaTX
Intermediate

Yep, its all common sense just look at some of the guys on this forum who fix them. I had a broken secondary butterfly linkage, way in there but once that was fixed, I almost lost control of the car unsuspected of the secondary full functional. (sideways) Love that 42K mileage. So where did you see it for sale...
Here is a good read 4 Ya. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...m-diagnosis-2/
Thanks for the link, good info. Car was on Craigslist. If it turns out to be injectors it looks like it might be a good idea to get rid of the secondary's while it is apart. What is the cost of the tuning chip if I do this?
Old 03-23-2014, 05:50 PM
LantanaTX
Intermediate

Here is a z with borla
Yep, the car I am buying has different tips for sure.

Quick Reply: Anyone recognize this one?