C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

B&b fusion

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by USAZR1
I haven't had a chance to install my Fusions yet but plan to have it done before Bowling Green. Only have the mufflers,nothing else,so if I install them just the way they are (not hooked up),the butterflies will be open all the time due to the absence of vacuum,right?

Can I just run a vacuum line to each canister off the charcoal canister?
Clint,

When exposed to atmosphere, the actuators stay open. You can connect the actuators to engine vacuum using the CCP line as I have. Canister is out of the circuit. Now however, the actuators will swing open/closed depending on vacuum. So w High MAP, the actuators will want to swing open which can happen on inclines for example. You get more drone. That's why I am installing the NPP so that at cruise, the valves will stay closed regardless of MAP. If I want, I can hit the fob and open them up and they will stay open.
Not sure if its possible to have them "in between".
Old 03-21-2014, 02:37 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,869 Likes on 1,085 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
Clint,
When exposed to atmosphere, the actuators stay open. You can connect the actuators to engine vacuum using the CCP line as I have. Canister is out of the circuit. Now however, the actuators will swing open/closed depending on vacuum. So w High MAP, the actuators will want to swing open which can happen on inclines for example. You get more drone. That's why I am installing the NPP so that at cruise, the valves will stay closed regardless of MAP. If I want, I can hit the fob and open them up and they will stay open.
Not sure if its possible to have them "in between".
I understand what you're saying,Dom,but where I live is very flat country with lots of wide open space. How much drone do you think I'll hear from these mufflers when open? Our 94 still has the stock headercats and resonator.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

I live in Illinois, not exactly Sound of Music country. Granted, I have headers and an Xpipe so things get louder that way. On steady throttle cruise, it's very pleasant. Conversation is pretty easy.i can listen to the radio but usually just listen to the motor. So you may find it fine. Guess you just try it and see.
I understand what you're saying,Dom,but where I live is very flat country with lots of wide open space. How much drone do you think I'll hear from these mufflers when open? Our 94 still has the stock headercats and resonator.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:59 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,869 Likes on 1,085 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

What do you think of the Sunset Coast Creations kits? Any experience with them?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:49 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

What do you think of the Sunset Coast Creations kits? Any experience with them?
That's what I am using right now. Actually I believe B+B uses it as well.
Its actually from NakidParts. Here's the thread I started regarding installation of the M2W Retrofit system. Its the NPP in a Box. I have replaced the vacuum solenoid that comes w the kit to using a GM EGR solenoid. That appears to be working. I'm working w mike100 to understand why there could be a problem w the stock solenoid that comes w it. I'm also experiencing some issue w the wireless remote working on a consistent basis. It seems to work w ignition ON, but motor off. Meaning I can hear the solenoid click when I press the fob while walking around the car. But when I start the motor, its as if something is interfering w the signal and it only works when positioned next to the box. I think my next step is to simply install a switch in the cabin and forego the wireless stuff altogether. Its driving me a bit
If that's the route you take, then no need to get the M2W.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
That's what I am using right now. Actually I believe B+B uses it as well.
Its actually from NakidParts. Here's the thread I started regarding installation of the M2W Retrofit system. Its the NPP in a Box. I have replaced the vacuum solenoid that comes w the kit to using a GM EGR solenoid. That appears to be working. I'm working w mike100 to understand why there could be a problem w the stock solenoid that comes w it. I'm also experiencing some issue w the wireless remote working on a consistent basis. It seems to work w ignition ON, but motor off. Meaning I can hear the solenoid click when I press the fob while walking around the car. But when I start the motor, its as if something is interfering w the signal and it only works when positioned next to the box. I think my next step is to simply install a switch in the cabin and forego the wireless stuff altogether. Its driving me a bit
If that's the route you take, then no need to get the M2W.
Just an FYI. I have an update for this. Its NOT an issue w the M2W.
Trying to discuss w a few that are more knowledgeable than me when it comes to electronics. I'll keep you posted. Just wanted to make sure
nobody was turned off the M2W system.

Quick Reply: B&b fusion