C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Anyone going to Carlisle (Swap Meet)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Trixie*
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone going to Carlisle (Swap Meet)?

Never having been, are there used parts vendors at this meet? We are looking for a gently used clutch release bearing for a 94 ZR1. I already know that a NOS german production one is impossible to find. Wondering if anyone that has ever done any of your own work and would know what to look for is attending this weekend? We would even take gently used original over current Chinese production part. I did post this also in OT but not much luck over in that section as yet.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:27 PM
zr-1 guy
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there are thousands of venders there, but finding something that specific maybe a bit of a chore.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Trixie*
Melting Slicks

Yes for sure but I was wondering if anyone that is going while snooping around would see if any can be found there.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

One of (if not THEE) biggest groups there will be the ZR-1 Registry Club. Visit their tent and likely Dave Johnson (club president) or one of the other Registry members will be there and likely will be able to shed some light on that subject.

And, there are some excellent clutch conversion options available to do a total upgrade to the C4, including dual disc units to handle race enthusiasts making some big power!

P.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Trixie*
Melting Slicks

Good information about vendors but we are over in southern Alberta and will not be able to attend. We were looking for someone who will be attending and would recognise an original, acceptable throw out bearing, even if gently used. Jim @ Torque Masters has resurfaced the flywheel and now all we really need is a NOS bearing to put all back together. We can't make it there this year but will certainly have to think about attending at some point in the future. It sounds like a great function all around. But for now, we just need a knowledgeable pair of eyes to help us locate said part if possible. I know they are scarce if not impossible to obtain. Might have to go the other route. Will wait & see what comes from the thread. Thank you again, for the info, much appreciated.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Workman
One of (if not THEE) biggest groups there will be the ZR-1 Registry Club. Visit their tent and likely Dave Johnson (club president) or one of the other Registry members will be there and likely will be able to shed some light on that subject.

And, there are some excellent clutch conversion options available to do a total upgrade to the C4, including dual disc units to handle race enthusiasts making some big power!

P.
like to hear more about the RAM dual disk and these conversion options. I'm driving through the clutch at the track when it get hot and a dual disk is needed. I drove Bob's car briefly and was really impressed with the light pedal and feel.

thanks for any info, glad you brought this up.

to the OP

there are TONS of used parts, but honestly a throw out bearing isn't something I'd buy used as they are cheap and readily available.

that being said, I'm looking for a used clutch master cyl (or affordable new) as the LSV has a really slow leak. I replace the slave a while back.

if this is part of the conversion, it might be time to bust a move and change over. but I have to sell off some hot rods and parts first.

current clutch only has about 10k miles on it so it's still doing ok. just not able to hold the torq on drag radials.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone going to Carlisle (Swap Meet)?

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Carlisle (Swap Meet)?