C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Not being paid for work you do....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 11:58 AM
ZR1
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not being paid for work you do....

Well, we've all had stories about how so and so did us bad and didn't deliver the goods they promised. Well, here is a story from the other side of the fence.

I did the plenum and injector housings for a person not too long ago. I told him it would be 4-6 weeks. As I was doing the work he called me many times wondering when the work would be finished. I did the work in 6 weeks and overnighted it to him so that it would meet his schedule. Since that time I know he has added headers and other pieces to his car and has spent a lot dollars on it. However, it has been a few months now and I have received nothing despite having several emails saying the check will be mailed. I now just have to conclude I have been hosed on this one. Yeah, I know it is partially my fault for not demanding the money before shipment but I have always worked with people to make them happy first and worry about details later. Well Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

I'm not mad, really. I guess I am more disappointed than anything else. So, when you gripe about someone wanting 50% up front and 50% before delivery just remember that it ain't personal. That road has been paved by other's before you.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:14 PM
W i l l
Racer

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (ZR1)

ZR1,
You are handling the situation better than most people would. There is no room for such nonsense in the ZR-1 community. We are a tight knit group. Let us know what we can do to help.
Will
Old 06-25-2002, 12:23 PM
Quasar Z
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Jim,

I would have to say I am in shock that someone would do this to you. My plenum and injector housings were being done at the same time as the other ones and you told me up front that it would take 4-6 weeks to get them done. You posted pictures on the Forum to show the actual work being done. You did an excellent job! And you are rewarded by not getting paid? I think Jeff needs to get a check sent to you FedEx Overnight! I am not sure of all of the details between the two of you but I know how our transaction went. You did a great job, were very accomodating, and sent the parts when you said you would. What more could someone ask for? On top of all of this the price to do the work was outstanding! All of this took place while you had some pretty heavy things happening at work. I hope you get your money ASAP Jim and that you don't lose faith in the rest of us that think you do great work. I will continue to send business your way in the future and appreciate your help. BTW, it was the MAP sensor that failed. Thanks for the advice.

Jeff - pay the man for the service he proved. It has been too long to have not yet gotten a check out to him :bs

Mike
Old 06-25-2002, 12:50 PM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 223 Posts

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (Quasar Z)

Who did it? Let's repo the parts until payment is made. Of course a service fee will be added...

D.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:52 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Not good... We are too tightly knit as a community to have this nonsense--do the right thing--pay up...
Old 06-25-2002, 12:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (GTB/ZR-1)

[QUOTE]Not good... We are too tightly knit as a community to have this nonsense--do the right thing--pay up.....

I agree !
Old 06-25-2002, 01:19 PM
BCZR1
Drifting

NC Events Coordinator

ZR1, u have every ounce of empathy from me. I've been in that postion many times (as a buyer and seller) where I could have easily been shafted, but it hasn't happened, yet. I'll hold my tongue right now, and just say I do hope you get what was agreed on.

Brian
Old 06-25-2002, 01:38 PM
4cefed
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeff - pay the man for the service he proved. It has been too long to have not yet gotten a check out to him :bs
Mike
Made the man come on the forum and publicly address this issue. Shame on you for letting it go on this long. Pay the man.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:41 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, email me regarding this (remove *'s from email)

Jeff.Flint*@g11n*.com

I've had to shut down my yahoo account due to excessive virus attacks
Old 06-25-2002, 02:13 PM
9T ZR-1
Instructor

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (Jeffvette)

Pay up man... if you can afford a ZR-1, then you should be able to pay on time for services done by a fellow ZR-1'er...

That's just ain't right
Old 06-25-2002, 02:51 PM
ZR1
Drifting

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (9T ZR-1)

As I said, I am not nearly as mad as I am disappointed, very disappointed. It has gone way past the money thing to one of personal integrity. I bent over backwards to accomodate this gentleman and for my efforts what do I get? That's what gets me the most. I know that is the way we all would feel here.

Regardless, I am not going to email anything. The post office is not broken. He has my address.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:17 PM
9TZR1
Racer

I always say "what goes around comes around" dishonest people will pay the price at some point in time. He will have a serious black eye in the ZR-1 community.
Old 06-25-2002, 04:07 PM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (W i l l)

quote :

You are handling the situation better than most people would. There is no room for such nonsense in the ZR-1 community. We are a tight knit group. Let us know what we can do to help.

Got that right. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Jim's a good man and doesn't deserve to be treated like this.
Do the right thing = payup.

[Modified by FrankUrbinati, 4:15 PM 6/26/2002]
Old 06-25-2002, 04:34 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (FrankUrbinati)

:nonod: :nono: poor form there.
Old 06-25-2002, 04:53 PM
h3
Advanced

Jim,

I feel your pain, buddy.

I got an email inquiry from a fellow on the ZR-1 Net about an old Borla resonator I had lying around. I agreed to go out and hacksaw (through 304 stainless) the pipes off and UPS it on the condition that if the buyer liked it, he could send me a check for what amounted to beer money plus shipping costs (I even provided an addressed, stamped envelope). If it wasn't suitable, it was to be returned to me.

That was in February. I got an email confirming delivery and that a check was coming to me. Four months, numerous unanswered emails and even a certified letter with another stamped envelope, I have had no response from this guy. No check, no email, no nothing.

So don't worry, you're not alone.

H

P.S. You know, it's a funny coincidence, but the guy that hosed me on the resonator has the same name as the guy that hosed you on the porting work. Small world, huh?
Old 06-25-2002, 05:05 PM
9TZR1
Racer

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (h3)

Has this persons identity been revealed? You may not get your money but you will at least get satisfaction you made his life in the corvette world pure hell. People who do this kinda thing what is going through your mind? Is it worth it?
Old 06-25-2002, 05:09 PM
ZR_TO_ENA
Racer

This is terrible :nonod:

--John

Get notified of new replies

To Not being paid for work you do....

Old 06-25-2002, 05:10 PM
4cefed
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Jeffvette. Did you hose that guy too? Just asking the man that should know. Tell me it ain't so Joe.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:12 PM
RatRacer
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

P.S. You know, it's a funny coincidence, but the guy that hosed me on the resonator has the same name as the guy that hosed you on the porting work. Small world, huh?
Unfreakingbelieveable!
Old 06-25-2002, 05:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Re: Not being paid for work you do.... (RatRacer)

Hey, if ever somebody screws me, I want you guys for backup :cheers: :cool:

Quick Reply: Not being paid for work you do....