C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

will a bose system from a 1993 fit my 1991 zr-1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:38 PM
blownrunner
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default will a bose system from a 1993 fit my 1991 zr-1?

I managed to buy a Bose radio system from a 1993 wrecked vette (probably non-zr-1) for install into my 1991 zr-1. I bought it with an aftermarket radio and speakers and want to return to stock. Does anyone know if the radio will fit and if the harnesses will be compatible? I know the radio color is darker though. It has all speakers and amps, the radio, and the control box. I need to take everything to work and clean everything with compressed air after I disassemble everything.

I think the harness in the car was hacked and the plugs for the front speakers from the control box are gone, so I plan on getting them from a parts yard here in florida from a 1990 wrecked zr-1. BTW, the car still has the engine for sale. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 PM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Yes it will fit and work, but the color of the lettering may be wrong. Send it to Dr Dons and he will go through the unit and change the color of the lettering. This step will be well worth the money. He can hook you up w/ the speakers that you need also.

Good luck,

Randy
Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 PM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyJ75
Yes it will fit and work, but the color of the lettering may be wrong. Send it to Dr Dons and he will go through the unit and change the color of the lettering. This step will be well worth the money. He can hook you up w/ the speakers that you need also.

Good luck,

Randy
It will be black with orange instead of gray with orange. 94-96 is black with white.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 PM
blownrunner
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a whole system from a wrecked 93 C4, sent the radio, control box, and four amps to Factory Car Stereo Repair here in Orlando FL. They changed the face to the older gray, added an iPod input jack to the control box, and did repairs on everything. They said the capacitors were shot even though they worked, and he was surprised the CD player still worked. I should be getting everything back soon, and I hope the car isn't hacked up too much when I start tearing into it. I hope the harness plugs were no diked off...

Get notified of new replies

To will a bose system from a 1993 fit my 1991 zr-1?

Quick Reply: will a bose system from a 1993 fit my 1991 zr-1?