C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 12:29 AM
ZR1991
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad?

Well, I can't even start without saying the appreciation I have for all the members about the tapes I am going to duplicate.

As a refresher, and for those who don't know, there were a set of mechanic's training tapes on the LT5, very rare now. Sometime ago, a member sent me his and I duplicated a batch for those that wanted tem, for the cost of the tape and shipping ($6-7, I think).

This time around, we had the bright idea of adding the owner's tape to it. Well that created a serious editing issue to make them fit in 2 hr, 40 min, and then I got really busy with my two (yes two-one medical malpractice, the other Federal banking) law cases, and have had to put it on the back shelf. One or two comments by me, and no complaints from the group. All of your envelopes are still here, and all the checks remain in them til the tape is ready to ship.

Anyway, things are easing up quite a bit, and I started back on the project. For those not used to video, the problem the editing made was that it caused the need for an entirely new, edited, tape be made from the originals, which were less than perfect to start with. So we have been wrestling with how to do it without the quality being so bad the tapes would be compromised (they are less than perfect anyway).

A DVD recorder (for home a/v systems) arrived today for a customer, and he was only too happy to make our "edited master" on DVD. This means no quality loss, at least beyond what was already there, and easy duplication in any quantity.

Well, what I am getting round to saying is the first tapes are going to start being shipped, and I thank (really thank) everyone for being such classy people and not beating up on me during the 3 month delay. With the pressure I was under, I just could not have stood it! Thankyou, thank you!

As the tapes start to go out, make sure I haven't lost any envelopes (I will post enough to ID each tape as it goes out), and for any friends (ZR1 or not), who want tapes, they can join the list by sending a personal check for $7 (is that right?) in an envelope that includes an address that can receive mail.

I have done this many times before, and for many weird groups (250 for the crew of Frigate, USS Halyburton, after Desert Storm, 400 for Congress about our Challenger center here in Baton Rouge, and a dozen smaller projects including several for Corvette owners.... But this time is the first time I have been late... real late.

You folks are the greatest and I appreciate the slack. Project is back on the tracks now, we'll post every couple days.

Regards to everyone, and pass the word to anyone who wants a tape....

Old 06-04-2002, 08:33 AM
Aaron71771
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad? (ZR1991)

I'd like to be put on the list for a tape too! What address do I need to send the $7 to?
Old 06-04-2002, 03:07 PM
ZR1991
Drifting

Default Re: Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad? (Aaron71771)

Sorry, Aaron, I missed the basic point. Address:
Art Colley
711 Jefferson Hwy
Baton Rouge, LA 70806

Now for everybody: While making the DVD, we digitally processed the poor "masters" we had, and the change in quality is stunning!

The tapes are being duplicated now, and several will go out every couple days. If you do NOT see your name on the sent list, drop me an e mail.

Anyone else like Aaron who is interested can join in. Now that we have solved the technical problems, we can go on forever.

The tape consists of the 1991 Corvette and Corvette ZR1 owners manuals, including the world record (with the l98 and the ZR1), a 20 minute visit to BG and its employees, good for all C4's, which is one hour,

and the second includes the LT5 theory and disassembly, one hour, 20 min. Worth seeing whether you own one or not.

These really came out better than I hoped, and I hope it makes up for the delay. But we are rolling now!

If someone knows how, would you post a link to this on the C4 forum? Seems like they would enjoy this too.

Regards,

[Modified by ZR1991, 4:15 PM 6/4/2002]
Old 06-04-2002, 05:16 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

No problem Art.
So does this mean you can send DVDs too? If so I have a DVD player and would take a DVD instead of a VHS tape if that is what you are saying.

Can't wait to see the video.
Ed
Old 06-04-2002, 06:09 PM
RubyZR1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Art,can you handle international orders?
If so, please let me know how.
Rgds Wayne
Old 06-04-2002, 06:19 PM
ZR1991
Drifting

Default Re: Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad? (RubyZR1)

No, we decided against the DVD for distribution, thoufg it would be easier. But there is a real issue upon playing it back. We sampled about 10 machines before we found one that would playback.

About Australia, I am sure if you can send the info thru the mail, we will just follow the reverse procedure. Might be some bucks more, but we'll let you know. How's that?

Ed, I think I just found your envelope. It's at the bottom (first) part of the stack. Can't wait for you guys to start getting the tapes. They're good.
Regards,

[Modified by ZR1991, 4:24 PM 6/4/2002]
Old 06-04-2002, 06:52 PM
ZZZZZR1
Burning Brakes

Art, I just mailed you my $7. Thank you!
Old 06-04-2002, 07:43 PM
fort94z
Racer

Default Re: Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad? (ZZZZZR1)

Art,
Please include me in on this deal. My check will be mailed today. I thank you in advance.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:02 PM
ZR1991
Drifting

Default Re: Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad? (fort94z)

Just got a look at parts of the finished version. It ain't perfect, but the copy is actually better than the original!

This is just too cool.

Better have some time on your hands, because the first hour is about all C4's featuring the ZR1, and has some statistics and specs not given anywhere else; then there is an excellent section on the record runs by both the modded L98 (anyone realize it set a bunch of records, too?) and the ZR1, than a very long segment visiting Bowling Green. And that's just the first hour. The next hour and 20 minutes is the training tape on the LT5, and shows what a magnificent thing it was physically. Looks like they are working on a giant Swiss watch! Worth seeing, makes you proud, whether you own an LT5 or not.

I guess I am rambling because the tapes are turning out good after all (an issue that has bothered me for months), and everybody should have one. Lots of Corvette history and persombality here, especially of you kinda know Corvette history already, and can read between the lines!

Regards,
Old 06-05-2002, 11:43 AM
Silver 96
Le Mans Master

Sounds great! Let me know how much extra it would cost to ship to Canada and I'll get a money order in the mail pronto!
Old 06-05-2002, 12:14 PM
JMV
Safety Car

The Check is in the mail :D :D
Old 06-05-2002, 11:41 PM
ZR1991
Drifting

Default Re: Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad? (JMV)

Happy to repot the first 6 going out tomorrow (or friday, if we need supplies). Quality of tape is much better than the original, but not prffect. Very good. Losts of neat "Corvette Facts".

Once we get going, the pace should be about this every 2-3 days.

First 6:

Hiott in NC
Christianson in Wi
Fosvic in Wi
Smith in NC
"Gent" in NY
and Kulbis in Va.

More right away!

Regards, Art in Baton Rouge
Old 06-06-2002, 06:57 AM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks Art,
I'll let you know when I get it.
Now I have to set aside 3 hours next week to watch this :yesnod:
Old 06-06-2002, 08:48 AM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Default Re: Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad?

Thank's Art !!
"Gent" in NY
Old 06-10-2002, 06:35 PM
Aaron71771
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

BTW: I am sending out a money order to ya this week. :cool: I have it all set, just forget to put it in the mail :crazy:
Old 06-10-2002, 07:02 PM
BCZR1
Drifting

NC Events Coordinator

Art, thanks so much for putting this together for us again!!

Brian
Old 06-10-2002, 09:10 PM
lampedusa
Pro

Wow, what this world needs are some more people like Art. Good, old fashioned great guys, willing to help anyone, This is great of you to do man, and I think it's splendid of you to do this on your own time, for such a low fee. The tape must have cost upwards of $15-$20...Thanks again man, my check'll be in the mail...

Get notified of new replies

To Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad?

Old 06-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Usa1-Zr1
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad? (lampedusa)

Art, hope you read this since this post is so old .Im just letting you know that I still want a copy of the tape please. I sent you cash in the mail the same day you offered to do this I was the guy who thought I had gottin the video when I bought my ZR-1 after I sent you the money but my video was only the owners kit video thanks !! If you need my mailing adress just e-mail me
Old 08-02-2002, 02:15 AM
92KNGOHIL
Intermediate

Art,

Have any of these gone out yet? Its been a while and I haven't received the tape. No huge rush, I'm just checking in.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 08-02-2002, 07:07 PM
A26B
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad? (92KNGOHIL)

Art,
I'm slow on the uptake too for getting on your list for the tape. I will put payment in the mail tomorrow. Does anyone have the 2 GM training manuals for the LT5, Introduction & Mechanical? I would like to have even a xerox copy if someone would be willing to have Kinkos or Ikon reproduce it. May be others who want it also.

My thanks to everyone who participates in the ZR-1 forum. Just lurking gave me tremendous insight to by my ZR-1 and has kept me going in the right direction since. I hope I will be able to contribute for others! :) Jerry

Quick Reply: Old Topic-Update-Training Video on EBay: Good or Bad?