C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Nada ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:40 PM
falconfling
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nada ???

I used to use nada a lot in years past but no more...
Their retail on a 22 k mile '93 zr-1 is under $26,000, in excellent condition.

If anyone wants to sell me their 22,000 mile car for that, please contact me.

Kelly seems more accurate, in fact high, at $38 k private party and $42 k retail. In central Texas I feel like $31-33 pp and $34-37 retail might be closer to the truth, but it is what it is...

Last edited by falconfling; 03-17-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:20 PM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

I guess it would depend upon if you have a 93ZR-1 or not. There are so many different books out there it's hard to keep track. One of the problems with the 92-95 Z's are there are so very few of them that are seriously for sale, that it is almost impossible to get a representative sample. The problems in using the ZR1net is that most of the cars there are not from serious sellers. I dont know how you would get accurate information on private sales. You didn't say if that was for a ruby or not. Most ruby (zr-1) owners think their cars are worth a lot more due to the fact that they are rubies. I'm not sure the books value them that highly. I know the LT1 rubies have lost a lot of their luster. The only way I know this is I happen to have an LT1 ruby.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 AM
falconfling
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1fred
I guess it would depend upon if you have a 93ZR-1 or not. There are so many different books out there it's hard to keep track. One of the problems with the 92-95 Z's are there are so very few of them that are seriously for sale, that it is almost impossible to get a representative sample. The problems in using the ZR1net is that most of the cars there are not from serious sellers. I dont know how you would get accurate information on private sales. You didn't say if that was for a ruby or not. Most ruby (zr-1) owners think their cars are worth a lot more due to the fact that they are rubies. I'm not sure the books value them that highly. I know the LT1 rubies have lost a lot of their luster. The only way I know this is I happen to have an LT1 ruby.
I'd have to agree with you...I have one ruby/anni and also a white exGM mule....which interestingly was never considered in sales price from the first or 2nd owner...I only discovered it after finding the CPC <remove this tag if sold or reassigned> sticker on the radiator.

With my viewpoint on how scare the 93-95s are, I'm always amazed at some peoples viewpoints that these things won't eventually be VERY sought after by collectors....talkin' 15 years on out from now. One guy on zr1 net described them as nothing special just with weird engines...well go figure.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:14 PM
whichvette
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

these cars will be at least worth there orginal window sticker in 15 years !!!
Old 03-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Graybeard ZR1
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whichvette
these cars will be at least worth there orginal window sticker in 15 years !!!
I seriously doubt it, but that's JMHO. There are just too many of them in great shape, low miles, etc. There are enough "Survivor" ZR-1's out there to stock numerous museums. There won't be a "restoration" market when so many of them have been stashed away awaiting the imaginary coming collectors market.
And that market is literally dying off. The boomers who lusted after them when new are in their sixties now and reaching the age when acquiring more toys is problematic. And the younger guys are into more modern cars.
I love my ZR-1, and will never part with it, so prices mean nothing to me. Low prices just give the younger guys a chance for a great car at a reasonable price, and they have plenty of choices today...that's a good thing.

Get notified of new replies

To Nada ???

Quick Reply: Nada ???