Go Back   Corvette Forum > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 ZR-1 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
0corvettegreg1996
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2008
Location: Year round Corvette country SC
Default Need help from a ZR-1 registry member

I am in the market for a ZR-1 and I need help answering a question about color combo production totals.

Thanks,
Greg Sanders
corvettegreg1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
LT5corsa
1994 Admiral Blue ZZZZZR1
Northeast Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
LT5corsa's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Baltimore MD
Default

Greg,

What colors are you interested in? Rarity?

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_Production_color.htm


Cheers


David
LT5corsa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
Z51JEFF
CF Senior Member
 
Z51JEFF's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: Fremont Ca. I will do No business with ANY company that boycotts Arizona.
Send a message via AIM to Z51JEFF
Default

As far as I know there are no definitive production numbers on interior colors,there are a few spread sheets a few have put together.The CAC was supposed to break out the paper work and put something together but Ive been waiting the past 2 years and it still isnt out there.That was either the CAC or the NCM,dont know which.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
gbrtng
CF Senior Member
 
gbrtng's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: turn 12 at Road America or TX
Default

What's the question? I know of one yellow with a red interior; others, meh.
gbrtng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
QB93Z
CF Senior Member
 
QB93Z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Westminster MD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
As far as I know there are no definitive production numbers on interior colors,there are a few spread sheets a few have put together.The CAC was supposed to break out the paper work and put something together but Ive been waiting the past 2 years and it still isnt out there.That was either the CAC or the NCM,dont know which.
Aurora40 and I researched and have determined every RPO for every ZR-1 for all years.

The data is posted on the ZR-1 Net Registry website. See the link above from LT5Corsa.

Jim

Last edited by QB93Z; 06-15-2010 at 12:58 PM.
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
Z51JEFF
CF Senior Member
 
Z51JEFF's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: Fremont Ca. I will do No business with ANY company that boycotts Arizona.
Send a message via AIM to Z51JEFF
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Aurora40 and I researched and have determined every RPO for every ZR-1 for all years.

The data is posted on the ZR-1 Net Registry website. See the link above from LT5Corsa.

Jim
I checked out the link but didnt see any info on interiors,how many white 91s had red interior?
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
bdw18_123
CF Senior Member
 
bdw18_123's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2007
Location: Fresno, California -1990 ZR-1 White/Flame Red- -SOLD!!-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
I checked out the link but didnt see any info on interiors,how many white 91s had red interior?
There were 188 white/red '91 ZR-1's made.
bdw18_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Aurora40
CF Senior Member
 
Aurora40's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2005
Location: The Old Dominion
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
I checked out the link but didnt see any info on interiors,how many white 91s had red interior?
On that link, there is a "Members Only" link which will give you much more detailed information about interiors as well as other options.

To the OP, if you are shopping for a very specific combo, or the rarity is that important, it may be worth joining the registry to aid in your shopping. They also have a listing of all member's cars, so once you find which cars had the specific options you want, you can see if that car is in the member database. That may help you actually locate a car like you are looking for.
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
ewjxn
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ewjxn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2000
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Default

Membership has its privileges... Like free beer at the Holiday Inn!
ewjxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
0corvettegreg1996
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2008
Location: Year round Corvette country SC
Default

My senior year of high school was in 1990. I wrote a report on the ZR-1 for my senior composition class. I fell in love with the Competition Yellow cars. I decided at that time I would own a 1990 Comp Yellow/Saddle ZR-1. As many of you know, there is one on fleabay. I have talked to the owner of that car.

In 1991, I found a Comp Yellow/Saddle car in Cleveland, OH and was told that 7 of the 23 Comp Yellow cars were Saddle. The owner of the car on fleabay says he "googled" the car and found that only 3 were made.

I would like to know how many of these cars were actually built. I have been fortunate enough to own 4 Corvettes over the years, including two 1996 Grand Sports. The Comp Yellow/Saddle ZR-1 is my "holy grail" so to speak, or at least that is what I told my 17 year old son. I even dreamed (back in 1990) of building my house around this car some day and having it as the center piece of my living room. We Corvette people are sick, aren't we?

Now is not the best time for this car to come available for me. I am in the car business as some of you know. I was with Rick "Corvette" Conti in Wisconsin at EVS Chevrolet. I am now in steaming hot South Carolina and my buddy Rick has moved on as well to a Chevrolet store back in the Cleveland area. Anyway, thanks for the help and for sharing in my passion for the car we all love.

Greg Sanders
corvettegreg1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
bdw18_123
CF Senior Member
 
bdw18_123's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2007
Location: Fresno, California -1990 ZR-1 White/Flame Red- -SOLD!!-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettegreg1996 View Post
My senior year of high school was in 1990. I wrote a report on the ZR-1 for my senior composition class. I fell in love with the Competition Yellow cars. I decided at that time I would own a 1990 Comp Yellow/Saddle ZR-1. As many of you know, there is one on fleabay. I have talked to the owner of that car.

In 1991, I found a Comp Yellow/Saddle car in Cleveland, OH and was told that 7 of the 23 Comp Yellow cars were Saddle. The owner of the car on fleabay says he "googled" the car and found that only 3 were made.

I would like to know how many of these cars were actually built. I have been fortunate enough to own 4 Corvettes over the years, including two 1996 Grand Sports. The Comp Yellow/Saddle ZR-1 is my "holy grail" so to speak, or at least that is what I told my 17 year old son. I even dreamed (back in 1990) of building my house around this car some day and having it as the center piece of my living room. We Corvette people are sick, aren't we?

Now is not the best time for this car to come available for me. I am in the car business as some of you know. I was with Rick "Corvette" Conti in Wisconsin at EVS Chevrolet. I am now in steaming hot South Carolina and my buddy Rick has moved on as well to a Chevrolet store back in the Cleveland area. Anyway, thanks for the help and for sharing in my passion for the car we all love.

Greg Sanders
PM sent.
bdw18_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #12
0corvettegreg1996
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2008
Location: Year round Corvette country SC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdw18_123 View Post
PM sent.
Ben...Thanks!
corvettegreg1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #13
A1990
CF Senior Member
 
A1990's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2003
Location: Grand Island NE
Default

The number is 7 of 23.
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #14
96LT4
CF Senior Member
Former Moderator
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
CI3 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
 
96LT4's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2000
Location: Kennesaw, GA www.96LT4.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdw18_123 View Post
There were 188 white/red '91 ZR-1's made.
Thank you for that! I've been curious as to how many were made like mine.
96LT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #15
dbriana
CF Senior Member
 
dbriana's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2005
Location: SHREVEPORT LA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1990 View Post
The number is 7 of 23.
I wondered how he thought he could verify three, maybe his ad should be corrected. Thats 30%, a high number for saddle IMO.
dbriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 AM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 ZR-1 Discussion
Reload this Page Need help from a ZR-1 registry member
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
1993, area, cirvett, fresno


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2