C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

LT5 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
timbradley26
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dominic, thankyou very much for the info ,it sounds like you did a very nice job on your porting. its nice to see someone that loves his baby so much . you should get some drag radials, the difference is sure fun to be able to nail her and not worry about tire spin . the new nitto ntro5(?) drag radial out is an amazing tire . it has brought my 60fts down to 1.50-5. now the only problem is having to carry extra rear end stuff
Old 03-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by 61LS6
I am installing a LT5 in a SWC with Stainless longtube headers. Please help me with choosing 3in mufflers that will sound great.
Thanks, Bill
LT5 on a SWC...Wow! Again...How cool is that!?

FIT...is the question, along w/ air flow. Just thinking out loud, but I would think any free flowing muffler for the SWC or perhaps better yet - the muffs for the '65 - 67 BBCs might give you the flow you are looking for.

The chassis on a C3 is essentially the same on a C2(?), or so I've heard, and if so Sweet Thunder might be worth a look.

Another option that I went with in piecing together my 3" system is "Classic Chambered Exhaust", makers of the Power Sticks mufflers. Nice stuff, and maybe what yer looking for.

And, one of the board sponsors (Pypes?) might have the answer for ya as well.

Just dunno what to recommend for a C2 from a C4 perspective. I may be mistaken, but MF may sell their muffs individually, I'm sure Stainless Works will, and Flow Master is another possibility.

Oh...and we want PIX!!

P.

Last edited by Paul Workman; 03-09-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:20 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Workman
LT5 on a SWC...Wow! Again...How cool is that!?

Another option that I went with in piecing together my 3" system is "Classic Chambered Exhaust", makers of the Power Sticks mufflers. Nice stuff, and maybe what yer looking for.

Oh...and we want PIX!!

P.
Great find Paul! That's exactly what I was thinking about in my first post. I love the "chambered" sound and it would be great behind the LT5, especially the side pipes.

And yes, we want pix!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by timbradley26
dominic, thankyou very much for the info ,it sounds like you did a very nice job on your porting. its nice to see someone that loves his baby so much . you should get some drag radials, the difference is sure fun to be able to nail her and not worry about tire spin . the new nitto ntro5(?) drag radial out is an amazing tire . it has brought my 60fts down to 1.50-5. now the only problem is having to carry extra rear end stuff
Just mounted GY F1 Supercars on OEM Z06 wheels. we'll see how those work.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
Yep! The FBI gang are all wanting to see how those tires of your are gonna hook. No more 14 second 130 mph passes 4 U!

I was wondering if you have yet to pull the MF muffs back that 1/2" or so, so that the rear edge of the muffs don't collide with the frame? Next to the B&B, the MF muffs look really good, IMO, especially if tucked in just a tad.

P.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:20 PM
timbradley26
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
wow hope they work for you . do the zo6 wheel look and fit nicely . were their any problems fitting them ?
Old 03-30-2010, 12:25 PM
hihok9
Instructor

Default LT5 Mid year exhaust

Shoot me a message. There is a lot to consider. I had to move the O2 bungs on my headers because they lined up under the floor etc... I used a SRIII chassis don't know if you are using stock frame. I have pics of a nice installed 3" system into a mid year with LS7 but on SRIII chassis. Also went with hydraulic throwout because flange on bellhousing interfered with floor at gas pedal so I cut if off.

Quick Reply: LT5 exhaust