C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Name that chip

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Kb7tif
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Name that chip

Am hoping someone might be familiar with a chip that was made for my 92.
It looks like this. Under the 2 windows or openings on the chip there is a white sticker in 1 window you can read 92 and Lt-5
S2 In the other window.
This is defiantly a aftermarket chip as the Cages 1-4 shift is gone and the fans come on at 190 or something. I dont know if anything else is on there.
My 92 runs well, before I get the Marc H chip was wonder what the ^%$# this is?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:52 PM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Walmart Super Chip

Send it to Marc and find out what its doing for ya
Old 07-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Kb7tif
Am hoping someone might be familiar with a chip that was made for my 92.
It looks like this. Under the 2 windows or openings on the chip there is a white sticker in 1 window you can read 92 and Lt-5
S2 In the other window.
This is defiantly a aftermarket chip as the Cages 1-4 shift is gone and the fans come on at 190 or something. I dont know if anything else is on there.
My 92 runs well, before I get the Marc H chip was wonder what the ^%$# this is?

Gotta pic, that should clean up the mystery?
Old 07-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Kb7tif
Advanced

Default Chip description

I don't have a good camera.
I pulled the chip out and took off the blue cover exposing the internal circuits. There are 2 small white stickers that show thru the top 1 says 92 lt5 S2 and the other says ZR1. these are written in pen. Looks like there was a sticker on the outside between the windows that fell off.
I dont think this will help, but the 1-4 shift was eliminated and the fans come on at 190 and im pretty sure the full power is always on.
The thing is sometimes the engine dosent return to idle well reason im thinking about the Marc h chip, Thanks for reading!
Anyone seen this chip. I contacted the dealership guy said it may have been dyno tuned.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Kb7tif
I don't have a good camera.
I pulled the chip out and took off the blue cover exposing the internal circuits. There are 2 small white stickers that show thru the top 1 says 92 lt5 S2 and the other says ZR1. these are written in pen. Looks like there was a sticker on the outside between the windows that fell off.
I dont think this will help, but the 1-4 shift was eliminated and the fans come on at 190 and im pretty sure the full power is always on.
The thing is sometimes the engine dosent return to idle well reason im thinking about the Marc h chip, Thanks for reading!
Anyone seen this chip. I contacted the dealership guy said it may have been dyno tuned.

Well, if you want to send me the chip, I can read it and see if it matches some of the other ones I have on file. The return to idle would be no indication of Marc's chip. Most tuners play with WOT and leave Part Throttle alone especially if its mail order.
My ZR is a 92 and had a Marc Randolph calibration in it although not anymore.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
Well, if you want to send me the chip, I can read it and see if it matches some of the other ones I have on file. The return to idle would be no indication of Marc's chip. Most tuners play with WOT and leave Part Throttle alone especially if its mail order.

I can vouch for DOM hes a great guy and a chip burner in his own right. If your concerned. Chip reading is his hobby. And getting to 400HP to the RWs is his passion.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Kb7tif
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
Pm sent
Old 07-16-2008, 03:47 AM
XLR8TIN
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Send it to Haibeck, he will tell you what it is & tune for you
Old 07-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Z Factor
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You might find the answer in this thread as some with aftermarket chips discuss the markings and characteristics.

http://zr1netregistry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852

Get notified of new replies

To Name that chip