C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

B&B install question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Default B&B install question...

Theres no tabs on the B&B for the spring mounted hangers.....do I just eliminate them and use the 2 muffler hangers and then where it clamps to the cat pipes?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:19 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

That is odd. I would think you would need some kind of support. All the after market systems I have seen all had the tabs. can you get someone to weld them on?
Old 04-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 81c3
Theres no tabs on the B&B for the spring mounted hangers.....do I just eliminate them and use the 2 muffler hangers and then where it clamps to the cat pipes?

What do you mean there are no tabs for the spring hangers? Everything on the B&B system has threaded tabs unless they were ground off. Do you have a pic of your concerns so we can advise you further? The short end of the story is if the tabs are gone you have two choices. Get tabs welded back onto the system or use the generic metal strap exhaust hangers. GC
Old 04-02-2008, 08:54 AM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Looked at the pics again & I see one of the tabs on a pipe, so there must be 3 more!! I dont have the set-up yet. I bought one from a member here & it will be here today....so I'll post up if I got questions or when its installed, I'll put up pics.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 AM
dbriana
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 81c3
Looked at the pics again & I see one of the tabs on a pipe, so there must be 3 more!! I dont have the set-up yet. I bought one from a member here & it will be here today....so I'll post up if I got questions or when its installed, I'll put up pics.
John, I went back and looked at my pics, some you may not have, there is another tab on the second pipe you can't see on the bottom. These are for the factory exhaust hangars just behind the resonator. Then there are the two muffler hangars. As far as I know these are the four attachment points, not sure about two others?

Get notified of new replies

To B&B install question...

Quick Reply: B&B install question...