C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Question about emblems..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:07 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 644 Likes on 421 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Question about emblems..........

I just got some ZR-1 emblems off of Fleabay and they dont have the tape on the back side.Was there two emblems,one for the hood,one for the bumper?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, they supposedly are different....I believe the back one is larger. A while back I too bought the side ones from a vendor at sleaze-bay and wasn't too pleased with the quality. They had some "pimples" in the plastic. I returned them requesting to have some clean ones sent back. I nerver heard from the seller and he never returned my merchandise....1 of many troubles I have had with that site!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:36 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Its a crap shoot with that site.Who did you do business with?Send a P.M. if you dont mind.I wont do business with anybody that screws people over like that.The funny thing here is I bought two emblems from two companies.I get two packages so I check out the parts.One was nice but the other one wasnt all that great and then I looked at the packages and notice they were both identical from the same business.I paid for one emblem and got two,go figure.Ill send it back if they want it but wont go out of my way.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 101 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
I just got some ZR-1 emblems off of Fleabay and they dont have the tape on the back side.Was there two emblems,one for the hood,one for the bumper?
Its my belief those are repops. They dont look like the originals I had as well as I was comparing them side by side. I was not impressed with the quality either. If they dont have the adhesive tape I would not buy them off of Ebay again. They were cheap and cheerful and I was not impressed. GC
Old 03-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Brenda1
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Its my belief those are repops. They dont look like the originals I had as well as I was comparing them side by side. I was not impressed with the quality either. If they dont have the adhesive tape I would not buy them off of Ebay again. They were cheap and cheerful and I was not impressed. GC
I bought the fuel door and hood emblems from an EBAY vendor named "GMparts1" and they are great. Real GM parts for a discounted price. Fast and friendly transaction, highly recommended.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Brenda1
I bought the fuel door and hood emblems from an EBAY vendor named "GMparts1" and they are great. Real GM parts for a discounted price. Fast and friendly transaction, highly recommended.
Yes it depends on who you buy them from on Ebay if a user here wants to know the vendors name on Ebay im talking about just IM me who I think is making the repops. They are not as glossy as the originals, dimpled and no backing tape. Im refering to the ZR-1 badge logos . Normally the corvette logos and the emblems are ok, But you need to ask are they metal?, Do they have adhesive backs? are they GM yadda yadda. Its truely buyer beware.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by BlackRocket
Yes, they supposedly are different....I believe the back one is larger. A while back I too bought the side ones from a vendor at sleaze-bay and wasn't too pleased with the quality. They had some "pimples" in the plastic. I returned them requesting to have some clean ones sent back. I nerver heard from the seller and he never returned my merchandise....1 of many troubles I have had with that site!!!

No they are all three the same size for the 92s-95s. The 90-91s only had the rear Zr-1 logo but all badges are the same size. No reason why you cant put side badges on a 90-91 just cut the back tabs off and the adhesive holds well on the originals. GC
Old 03-23-2008, 01:27 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Yes it depends on who you buy them from on Ebay if a user here wants to know the vendors name on Ebay im talking about just IM me who I think is making the repops. They are not as glossy as the originals, dimpled and no backing tape. Im refering to the ZR-1 badge logos . Normally the corvette logos and the emblems are ok, But you need to ask are they metal?, Do they have adhesive backs? are they GM yadda yadda. Its truely buyer beware.
These have G.M. part numbers on them.Ive got one that has the adhesive on the back and both are identical with the exception of one not having adhesive on the back.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:42 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
These have G.M. part numbers on them.Ive got one that has the adhesive on the back and both are identical with the exception of one not having adhesive on the back.
I still think they are recasts. All you need is a mold of an original. It they dont come with the orange adhesive strip they are repops same part numbers and all. They are overall rougher, Less glossy and insome cases dimpled and scratched.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:48 AM
jslt1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brenda1
I liked your other pic, better than the cat

Get notified of new replies

To Question about emblems..........

Quick Reply: Question about emblems..........