C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

All my vettes are gone now...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Vette X 3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default All my vettes are gone now...

Sold my 82 CE last year leaving me a modded C5 and my '91 #400 white with red. Well, I traded my C5 for a low mileage BMW M5. Have to travel to Lititz, Pa. to do the trade. Happened to mention that I had a Z for sale as well. The prices of late have just been depressing due to time of year and whatever. Well, same dealer offered me 16K for my z outright and I took it. I just was not driving the vettes and it was a shame to see them just get older and not appreciate. I would say if a dealer would buy outright for 16K with 55,000 miles on it that there was more to be had, but some of the stories here were getting down right depressing. So, I have a 540i sport and an M5 and a fistfull of cash, but no vettes left. I'll miss you guys- most all of you except if JonZr1 comes back to life, then you all are on your own! Thanks for all the help and friendship you all have shown me over the years. If I come back in another life, I want to come back as JeffVette!

Bill
Old 11-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 101 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette X 3
Sold my 82 CE last year leaving me a modded C5 and my '91 #400 white with red. Well, I traded my C5 for a low mileage BMW M5. Have to travel to Lititz, Pa. to do the trade. Happened to mention that I had a Z for sale as well. The prices of late have just been depressing due to time of year and whatever. Well, same dealer offered me 16K for my z outright and I took it. I just was not driving the vettes and it was a shame to see them just get older and not appreciate. I would say if a dealer would buy outright for 16K with 55,000 miles on it that there was more to be had, but some of the stories here were getting down right depressing. So, I have a 540i sport and an M5 and a fistfull of cash, but no vettes left. I'll miss you guys- most all of you except if JonZr1 comes back to life, then you all are on your own! Thanks for all the help and friendship you all have shown me over the years. If I come back in another life, I want to come back as JeffVette!

Bill
Bill thats sucks bro you need a least one vette!!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:29 PM
LT5corsa
1994 Admiral Blue ZZZZZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Northeast Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Vette X 3

Bill
Hmmmmmmm Use a few fingers and get another Z!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:43 PM
terryszr1
Racer

I enjoyed our pms . and if my step brother came back to life i think there would be more important things than a forum . enjoy the beemers thay are a fine ride . happy holidays to you and yours terry
Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Vette X 3
Racer

Originally Posted by terryszr1
I enjoyed our pms . and if my step brother came back to life i think there would be more important things than a forum . enjoy the beemers thay are a fine ride . happy holidays to you and yours terry
All in good spirit I assure you Terry. Yes, there are more important things in life than forums- family, friends, doing the right thing, etc. You have a helluva legacy to live up to, I trust you will find the right path. Happy holidays and enjoy that Left coast weather!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:47 PM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

"All my vettes are gone now" six little words my wife is dying to hear. Good luck with your life!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:23 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by zr1fred
"All my vettes are gone now" six little words my wife is dying to hear. Good luck with your life!
mine too...she so wants me to sell it and put more into a bigger house
Old 11-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Vette X 3
Racer

Clincher was that I was just not driving them enough. Good scenario if appreciation is my goal, but that obviously was not going to happen. Reality is you would be better off putting your money in a series E bond. UNLESS you are driving them and enjoying them. That's the clincher. If I was driving them, I would say that these vehicles were likely some of the best America had to offer. They are better off in the hands of people who will drive them like they stole them.
The BMWs are expensive as hell to maintain and will leave me stranded on the road at some point- not if, but when. I doubt the vette would ever do that! I just believe I will drive the old man's cars more.

Ron, Cuisinartvette, the hoses I accumulated are yours man. You spoke first and you have always been there for everybody else while struggling to make ends meet at times yourself. They will be coming your way. From Jeffvette I just want the full-sized avatars he has posted over the years...all of them!

Cya guys. I'll be lurking. Say hi to Brad when you see him. I sense a good person in there trying to get out

Oh, I realize this is not the "classified" section, but I have a Haibeck chip in it now. I had heard GM was discontinuing the OEM prom chips so I bought the latest revision GM Eprom complete with the dreaded 1-4 shift, start in low power, etc. The first person that PM's me can have it for postage. I realize all you computer geeks can make 'em by the handfull and there are those who would say why would I want that program, but who knows? I'm not trying to make a dime. It's for a '91 if it matters.

Last edited by Vette X 3; 11-22-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: executive privelege
Old 11-22-2007, 12:39 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Thanks again for the hoses, you are too kind. Spares of some parts are always good.
No choice but to have Samcos or get some generic ones and cut them up to fit but the biggie is the one off the W/P..Without that one youre screwed, I cant cob one of those up
Old 11-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Vette X 3
Racer

If you are speaking of the lower radiator hose, The one I am sending you is New OEM, never on the car. Believe it is discontinued. Do you want the Prom Too? If so, it's yours as you spoke first. I have most all the hoses, but some are OEM and some are NOS aftermarket. The radiator hoses are OEM. Good Luck!

Get notified of new replies

To All my vettes are gone now...

Quick Reply: All my vettes are gone now...