C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

How to remove PCV?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:44 PM
FlaVert
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How to remove PCV?

Does the boot just pull out of the injector housing, or do I have to pull the plenum and disconnect the hard line? I've tugged on mine and they won't budge. Don't want to get medieval on them and break a piece of unobtainium.

Thanks,
Rick L.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 101 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by FlaVert
Does the boot just pull out of the injector housing, or do I have to pull the plenum and disconnect the hard line? I've tugged on mine and they won't budge. Don't want to get medieval on them and break a piece of unobtainium.

Thanks,
Rick L.
They should pull out, As these pop off all the time during backfire events, im willing to bet yours has been ziptied in place. Check it real close. Now we are talking about the dual PVC fitting on the backside of the plenum or on the sides ? No sure on the sides
Old 11-01-2007, 08:09 AM
FlaVert
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
They should pull out, As these pop off all the time during backfire events, im willing to bet yours has been ziptied in place. Check it real close. Now we are talking about the dual PVC fitting on the backside of the plenum or on the sides ? No sure on the sides
On the sides of the injector housings.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 101 Likes on 90 Posts

On the sides of the injector housings.
Hmm not sure on the side.. Anyone else. ZR1Fred Jeffvette?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:00 AM
terryszr1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the series 2 wngines had them there bet someone didnt want to par 145 for the new hose saw that setup in the bible and made it up
Old 11-01-2007, 07:56 PM
bldavis11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Hmm not sure on the side.. Anyone else. ZR1Fred Jeffvette?
No no.. You're talking about the aluminum hard lines that run parallel to the injector housing and plnum. Follow that very line towards the firewall on the driver's side. It'll run into the dual PCV connection. There isn't anything to pull from where you are talking about.... it's just a 90 elbow and alunminum line.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by terryszr1
the series 2 wngines had them there bet someone didnt want to par 145 for the new hose saw that setup in the bible and made it up
Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,
Rick L.
The little 90 degree elbows come out of the housing fairly simple. It does help to remove the pipe that slides in so you can pull a little harder. Just undo the last bolt the holds the PCV metal lines to gain you flexability. If needed as sometimes the rubber gets hard, slide a small flatblade screwdriver in to get around the ridge of the rubber.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:06 AM
terryszr1
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
sorry for the typing errors. dont do drugs they suck . also sorry i couldnt remember the name of the book its the heart of the beast. cut an old fella some slack. hope this helps
Old 11-02-2007, 08:13 AM
FlaVert
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
The little 90 degree elbows come out of the housing fairly simple. It does help to remove the pipe that slides in so you can pull a little harder. Just undo the last bolt the holds the PCV metal lines to gain you flexability. If needed as sometimes the rubber gets hard, slide a small flatblade screwdriver in to get around the ridge of the rubber.
Thanks, Jeff!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Vette X 3
Racer

Originally Posted by terryszr1
Quite a profound and well-thought out degree of engineering insight from someone who just recently came to own a Z. Maybe you could help us better understand the flow characteristics of siamesing our runners- just your random thoughts on the tradeoff between volume and velocity would be great using cubic inch displacement as the single variable.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:53 AM
terryszr1
Racer

I was just trying ti share what I read in the heart of the beast. A book that I came across in my step brothers belongings. if I offended someone I am sorry . As far as siamese porting and airflow stuff of that I am not versed in . In going through Brads records I found that Corey Henderson of Henderson performance tec in New Braunfells Tex. did that work for Brad. His telephone number is(830)629-1117 I would try him if you seek those answers. If you get them please share them as I would like to learn all I can about these wonderfull cars. Does anyone know what tools are needed to change head gaskets in a zr1 as the red car he had has a bad head gasket Or does anyone know of a good mechanic in California that could do the work? Any help I would be most thankfull for . have a great day, god bless
Old 11-03-2007, 12:45 PM
belsy
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default silicone spray

F Y I a can of " Silicone Spray " will help keep all rubber items soft and pliable plus disipate moisture!!
Helps in older and newer applications.

Get notified of new replies

To How to remove PCV?

Quick Reply: How to remove PCV?