C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Hey Check out this website somone has a secret project going

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:34 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Just the plenum and a few smal things, not too big a deal.
Many modern cars have this setup
Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAngelOfDeath
I don't post in ZR-1 but lurk here daily. The ZR-1 has its starter UNDER the intake? So if the starter goes out you have to pull the top half of the motor?
That's not that uncommon on OHC V engines. There is a lot of empty space there (no pushrods or anything). I believe the Northstar is the same way.

A lot of stuff is under the plenum on the LT5. That's part of why the engine bay looks so nice.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:58 PM
DaCarDude
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are a HOOT to observe........One says the liners CANNOT be machined in the block.....another says they CAN as long as a torque plate is used....another calls that one a liar....Some flame for saying DOHC another says that is the PROPER terminology as it refers to each head......One can tell the car is neglected by just seeing the ODOMETER!!!!......One even recognizes the CAR!......FUNNY STUFF BOYS!!!!!!!

Do you honestly think this is my first rodeo with an LT-5?????????

Those pics of the liners going in were from the machine shop I'm using.....The guy doing the machine work is THE LT-5 guy in the united states......you've probably seen his car run in Bowling Green......How's bout ya'll call HIM and tell him he's doing it all wrong......I'd pay $10,000 cash to hear THAT conversation!

You guys have just proved two things....One, none of you have ever had any serious dealings with the LT-5 and if you HAVE it has been with the off-the-shelf "cookie cutter" parts as my machinist calls them, NOT anything custom like this build.....Those are not stock or even stock replacement liners such as the two well known ZR mod shops do.....these have the capability (and WILL in this case) increase bore size to 4.125".....there is nothing "off the shelf" about this and it has all been PROVEN in other builds.....And TWO, you have proven that my assumption about message board "gurus" are spot on! What a nice bunch of pleasant folks you are......Wait, I must give credit where due....At this moment there have been will over 2000 views of my site that were from the link in this thread......and ONLY a HANDFULL of you have proved you are asses! MANY thanks go out to all of the 130 of you who viewed my site and COMPLEMENTED me on it via e-mail, and thanks to the 122 of you that sent the e-mails reinforcing my thoughts that serious car guys LIKE my "business practices" of telling it like it IS!!! And to the one guy that sent the very first e-mail ragging on the DOHC on the site....Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, it has given me many laughs.....By the way I changed DOHC TO QUAD CAM JUST FOR YOU!!!!!! EVEN THOUGH IT IS WROOOONNNNNG TERMINOLOGY!!!!!

Great job fellas!

Tony,
The egomaniac building the LT-5
Old 09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
DaCarDude
4th Gear

Oh, by the way.....STAY TUNED
Old 09-20-2007, 06:41 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DaCarDude

Those pics of the liners going in were from the machine shop I'm using.....The guy doing the machine work is THE LT-5 guy in the united states......you've probably seen his car run in Bowling Green......How's bout ya'll call HIM and tell him he's doing it all wrong......I'd pay $10,000 cash to hear THAT conversation!

Tony,

Tony depending on who you are refering to as the LT5 guy yes there are people on this board who will talk **** to him as well.

For 10K cash Ill tell anyone they are doing it wrong!

SO let me guess is his name MIKE?

Last edited by phrogs; 09-20-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Zr1 Destroyer
Burning Brakes

Location: Thornton,Co. Press 1 to Proceed in English or 2 for Deportation ...don't let the fence hit you in the azz!

You guys have just proved two things....One, none of you have ever had any serious dealings with the LT-5 and if you HAVE it has been with the off-the-shelf "cookie cutter" parts as my machinist calls them, NOT anything custom like this build.....Those are not stock or even stock replacement liners such as the two well known ZR mod shops do.....these have the capability (and WILL in this case) increase bore size to 4.125".....there is nothing "off the shelf" about this and it has all been PROVEN in other builds.....And TWO, you have proven that my assumption about message board "gurus" are spot on! What a nice bunch of pleasant folks you are......Wait, I must give credit where due....At this moment there have been will over 2000 views of my site that were from the link in this thread......and ONLY a HANDFULL of you have proved you are asses! MANY thanks go out to all of the 130 of you who viewed my site and COMPLEMENTED me on it via e-mail, and thanks to the 122 of you that sent the e-mails reinforcing my thoughts that serious car guys LIKE my "business practices" of telling it like it IS!!! And to the one guy that sent the very first e-mail ragging on the DOHC on the site....Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, it has given me many laughs.....By the way I changed DOHC TO QUAD CAM JUST FOR YOU!!!!!! EVEN THOUGH IT IS WROOOONNNNNG TERMINOLOGY!!!!!

Great job fellas!

Tony,
Hey Mr. One off.....what pistons and rings did you end up going/did you go with? Hey next time you're at the machine shop try using a torque plate when boring or during your final hone Lt5 wiztard.

What "non cookie cutter" parts did you end up going with?

Last edited by Grumpy; 09-24-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:54 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

these have the capability (and WILL in this case) increase bore size to 4.125".....
Tony,
Hey Tony,

Who is building your engine?

What mods to the liners is he doing?

How thick will they be in the bottom of the block?

Is he placing thicker liners?

I'm not new to this business either.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Zr1 Destroyer
Burning Brakes

Location: Thornton,Co. Press 1 to Proceed in English or 2 for Deportation ...don't let the fence hit you in the azz!

Oh, by the way.....STAY TUNED
We have "Stayed Tuned" and seems that the people saying this can't "get tuned" enough for any of us non serious dealings/simple cookie cutter folk to worry about or nothing faster then a 10.2o as of lately!!!

Come on with this laundry list of one off parts you're using...come on???
Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 PM
abc 123
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are a HOOT to observe........One says the liners CANNOT be machined in the block.....another says they CAN as long as a torque plate is used....another calls that one a liar....Some flame for saying DOHC another says that is the PROPER terminology as it refers to each head......One can tell the car is neglected by just seeing the ODOMETER!!!!......One even recognizes the CAR!......FUNNY STUFF BOYS!!!!!!!

Great job fellas!

Tony,
Wow, you sound just like the "machinist" who is really a body/paint man. I think you'll fit in with him real well.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Why are you removing pictures from your website?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey at least they have a lift I wish I had one!

Originally Posted by Zr1 Destroyer
The ups truck just came with my "one off" china made Eagle crank......now where did i put that other dohc motor?

Old 09-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Meanmyz
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I think it's pathetic to rip on this guy - especially on a public forum.

Sorry Tony.

Let's see pics as she goes together and of the final product.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:04 PM
rayncris
Pro

Well, good luck with it. I'm sure no one wants to see anything less that a project well done. And, this is the same as being in person. Have people show up to a garage and they might possibly have opinons. Again, good luck, post pics and
Old 09-21-2007, 07:24 PM
abc 123
Burning Brakes

The guy doing the machine work is THE LT-5 guy in the united states......you've probably seen his car run in Bowling Green
He could just dislike me because I know how to build an LT-5 engine

So which is it? Are you the guy building the LT5? Or is it Mike?
Old 09-21-2007, 09:19 PM
DaCarDude
4th Gear

He is doing the porting and the liners......I assemble all my own engines.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:53 AM
MrCrowley
Burning Brakes

Yes my car runs mid 10.50's@134mph without a fogger or automatic. There is more left in at as I still haven't been back to the track with the latest mods. My 427 setup is capable of handling about 1000hp, and this is based off my 1st big bore configuration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Kw7WVGdvA

The 2nd and latest configuration is capable of close to 2000hp. Tony you are in good hands! The 2nd configuration as in the tt motor that Tom just did is expected to put out over 1400hp. It's already at 1011hp at 6200rpm's.

Tony,

Just think, it took a former body/paint man to come up with these bigger bore options! So I do have faith in your mechanic skills that you can assemble this engine!

Last edited by MrCrowley; 09-25-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Zr1 Destroyer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrCrowley
Yes my car runs mid 10.50's@134mph with a fogger or and automatic. There is more left in at as I still haven't been back to the track with the latest mods.
You were spraying and you know it....why even have the nitrous in/on your car if you're not gonna use it, ohhh i know because you're full of it as normal! You sprayed the old 396 to run an 11.1 with your cute little hidden n20 kit that is now on another car!

Your nitrous tune looks a LITTLE rich for having the car tuned down to the "nats azz".....nice 10.0 afr black cloud behind your car Mike, aka nitrous newbie!

How about you take it to BG next year and see what she runs and if your not going to be spraying i'll cap off your nitrous lines and help remove the bottle for ya!?

Last edited by Zr1 Destroyer; 09-25-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hey Check out this website somone has a secret project going

Old 09-25-2007, 01:13 PM
DaCarDude
4th Gear

Originally Posted by MrCrowley
Yes my car runs mid 10.50's no fogger or auto. There is more left in at as I still haven't been back to the track with the latest mods. My 427 setup is capable of handling about 1000hp, and this is based off my 1st big bore configuration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Kw7WVGdvA

The 2nd and latest configuration is capable of close to 2000hp. Tony you are in good hands! The 2nd configuration as in the tt motor that Tom just did is expected to put out over 1400hp. It's already at 1011hp at 6200rpm's.

Tony,

Just think, it took a former body/paint man to come up with these bigger bore options! So I do have faith in your mechanic skills that you can assemble this engine!
Mike,

My customer did a ton of research and asking around when he put his faith in me for his mods....I did the same when I selected YOU to do my porting and block work.....I KNOW IT'S IN GOOD HANDS! You know this thread is the same old story....just because they have never read your name in a magazine or web article they think you are some quack.

Another thing I cannot understand is that when things are done a certain way for as period of time and some guy like you comes along and dicides to try something DIFFERENT, they all say it will NOT work, it a time bomb....then when it DOES WORK and kicks ***, they say yea it makes power but it ain't gonna LAST.....then when it DOES LAST then they all DUPLICATE IT and at the point they duplicate it then, and ONLY THEN they begin saying it is the greatest thing around!

You know the whole forum idea was invented to be a means of sharing ideas, tip and tricks and passing along what works and what doesn't.....It used to be a great way to meet new folks that shared the same interests. Forums in general over the years have morphed into a hangout for guys that have nothing better to do than flame every NEW guy that comes along and bash every guy that tries to do something that is above and beyond what everyone else does......it's sad really.

I have pretty much accepted all of the above....No matter what I say or what you say, these 3 or 4 guys will have the same opinions....of me because they don't know me and you because you are successfully doing it DIFFERENT. Humans are a strange animal.....I've had folks shy away just because it doesn't mention a particular vehicle or say high performance in my business name......strange folks out there.......here is a pic of the front of my place a while back....just so happens we were working on a 90 ZR-1, a 91 ZR-1, an Impala SS, a Cobra Mustang, and an old Crossfire Vette in the same week.......But some folks would think I don't know **** because the parking lot is gravel not concrete!!!!!!!

Peace,
Tony Naquin

Last edited by DaCarDude; 09-25-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:33 PM
MrCrowley
Burning Brakes

You know the whole forum idea was invented to be a means of sharing ideas, tip and tricks and passing along what works and what doesn't.....It used to be a great way to meet new folks that shared the same interests. Forums in general over the years have morphed into a hangout for guys that have nothing better to do than flame every NEW guy that comes along and bash every guy that tries to do something that is above and beyond what everyone else does......it's sad really.
Tony, Very well said!

Funny thing is it's always the same guys that do the bashing!

Build your customers 402 and let the car talk as I did.

Peace!

Last edited by MrCrowley; 09-25-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zr1 Destroyer
You were spraying and you know it....why even have the nitrous in/on your car if you're not gonna use it, ohhh i know because you're full of it as normal! You sprayed the old 396 to run an 11.1 with your cute little hidden n20 kit that is now on another car!

Your nitrous tune looks a LITTLE rich for having the car tuned down to the "nats azz".....nice 10.0 afr black cloud behind your car Mike, aka nitrous newbie!

How about you take it to BG next year and see what she runs and if your not going to be spraying i'll cap off your nitrous lines and help remove the bottle for ya!?
Why do you seem to be personally offended by anyone who tries to build a fast car?

Quick Reply: Hey Check out this website somone has a secret project going