C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

White Racing Products "windshields"

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 12:08 AM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Pm Turbo-max, he seems to be handling this.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:28 AM
dallas916
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard crates aren't always the best for shipping curved glass. Foam filled but lighter boxes are much easier to handle and don't get abused in the first place. Did these shipping boxes have built-in handles?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:21 PM
VetBoyZR1
Race Director

Originally Posted by hiperf406
Mine came 2 mo ago started with Hellman Logistics then to Days & Ross then to a local carrier. . Haven't had a chance to check glass but should be OK as there appears to be no damage to crate
Don't be so sure. My first one was cracked due to the glass shifting inside and there was no damage to the crate. Not enough styrofoam inside.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:30 AM
cvette
Burning Brakes

Location: I've been going to this school for 7 years, I'm no dummy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hiperf406
Mine came 2 mo ago started with Hellman Logistics then to Days & Ross then to a local carrier. . Haven't had a chance to check glass but should be OK as there appears to be no damage to crate
That's what Steve and I thought too but when Steve opened the crate he found the last of 5 in the crate to be broken. Now Kurt doesn't seem to want to replace because he can't lay it on the trucking company. In our opinion it is the fault of whoever packaged them not the trucking company. There is not a single mark on the crate they where shipped in.

This one's probably headed to court unless he steps up soon!

P.S. He also shorted us a weatherstripping kit. He took the money for it but now it's " out of stock!"

Charlie
Old 02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
TommyL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an original NOS small cutout windshield I would part with!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:51 PM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyL
I have an original NOS small cutout windshield I would part with!
How much are you asking? Any delam?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Bell Curve
Racer

Originally Posted by cvette

P.S. He also shorted us a weatherstripping kit. He took the money for it but now it's " out of stock!"

Charlie
Knowing his history you will not be the first to take him to court.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:01 PM
dallas916
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cvette
That's what Steve and I thought too but when Steve opened the crate he found the last of 5 in the crate to be broken. Now Kurt doesn't seem to want to replace because he can't lay it on the trucking company. In our opinion it is the fault of whoever packaged them not the trucking company. There is not a single mark on the crate they where shipped in.

Charlie
This is why I said they need to be solid foam packed. During my military years I shipped HHG several times overseas and back. The stronger/heavier the box I made, the more damage the stuff inside incurred. Shippers have no patience for heavy boxes so they get tossed, shoved, kicked, pushed, and dropped much more than boxes that can be grabbed and lifted easily. With modern packing materials...especially injected foam...none of these windshields should be getting damaged.

It just needs to be done right.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Bell Curve
Racer

Originally Posted by dallas916
With modern packing materials...especially injected foam...none of these windshields should be getting damaged.

It just needs to be done right.
No expense will be spared, dont you remember him saying that.

So how could all this have happened?

Anyone with an open mind knows.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:32 PM
turbo-max
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bell Curve
No expense will be spared, dont you remember him saying that.

So how could all this have happened?

Anyone with an open mind knows.
i don't recall anyone else here offering to step-up and get new screens made. it just amazes me how much you guys sip on H8erade and spew your filth on here rather than call kurt and deal with him directly...what a load of
Old 02-14-2008, 01:28 PM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Originally Posted by turbo-max
i don't recall anyone else here offering to step-up and get new screens made. it just amazes me how much you guys sip on H8erade and spew your filth on here rather than call kurt and deal with him directly...what a load of
I feel sorry for everybody involved with the windshields.

At first Kurt was a hero, now people are mad at him.

Obviously, nobody wanted this to go badly. Everybody wanted a win win.

I feel fortunate that I don't have delam on my windshield or I probably would have been in the same boat with everyone else.

Hopefully this all gets worked out and everybody stays friends.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:40 PM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo-max
Really, all I see is your usual "kool-aid". Maybe you should try to read these posts more carefully, or maybe you could call kurt over and have him explain them to you.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:37 PM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Originally Posted by zr1fred
Really, all I see is your usual "kool-aid". Maybe you should try to read these posts more carefully, or maybe you could call kurt over and have him explain them to you.
I could use some Gatorade about now and a large cheese pizza!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:43 PM
dallas916
Le Mans Master

Kurt has always come through for me so I hold no malice toward him. However, the shippers should have known that there are better ways to transport these windshields than heavy crates. I will also have to add that Kurt is pretty hard to reach sometimes, but who knows how many irons he has in the fire at any one moment. I notice he has quite a few exotic cars listed on his website. You can pretty well bet that the ZR-1 market is not sufficient to make a living off of...especially if he has to hold slow moving stock or have parts made. I'd rather have his business available than not, that's for sure.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:50 PM
95ZR1#418
Drifting

Originally Posted by dallas916
Kurt has always come through for me so I hold no malice toward him. However, the shippers should have known that there are better ways to transport these windshields than heavy crates. I will also have to add that Kurt is pretty hard to reach sometimes, but who knows how many irons he has in the fire at any one moment. I notice he has quite a few exotic cars listed on his website. You can pretty well bet that the ZR-1 market is not sufficient to make a living off of...especially if he has to hold slow moving stock or have parts made. I'd rather have his business available than not, that's for sure.
I'll second that. Shipping is always a big problem, especially something like a windshield. You just can't blame Kurt, everyone will testify to his extensive packaging. I think the the shipper also has an obligation not to accept a package not suitable for shipping, they readily took Kurts. Kurt is on our side guys, he has gone far out of the way to help us in the parts arena, stick up for him & bear down on the shippers!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 PM
tenedios
8th Gear

Default Kurt white windshield

Yes I am in the same boat with no windshield and out the $2600 for window and molding. I have called many times and he says he is shipping it. No windshield. I am looking into what options I can pursue to get my money back. gt
Old 02-26-2008, 09:49 PM
toyvet1
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My insurance company started the prosses to buy a windsheild from Kurt at the end of Jan. I was told it was his last windsheild in stock.The glass company received it less than ten days later. I was told when it arrival there was no damage. Im hoping to get the car to the shop in a couple of weeks and checking out the glass. No complates about it at this time, cant understand why the delay.

Get notified of new replies

To White Racing Products "windshields"

Old 02-27-2008, 09:45 AM
LPE385
Melting Slicks

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts

Stupid question to those that purchased, did any of you buy shipping insurance?
Old 02-27-2008, 10:36 AM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Originally Posted by LPE385
Stupid question to those that purchased, did any of you buy shipping insurance?
Old 02-29-2008, 03:16 AM
RED-85-Z51
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Can you insure a peice of glass??

----
I had a small engine shipped to me, it's a Kart racing engine. The shipper used a new product Id never seen in person before, but it is ingenious!

You take these bags of "stuff" and smash a pouch inside of them, and put a few in your box, lay in your items, pop a few more, put them on top, and seal the box up. The "stuff" is expanding foam and it literally conforms to every shape in the box, then hardens to the same hardness as partical board. This box had been dropped, kicked, torn open on one side from a fork lift it looked like, and dragged, yet all the contents were untouched.

You can get "jumbo" sized bags of this stuff...I imagine if you had a large flat box you could put say 4 across the bottom, lay on the glass, then 4 across the top, and seal it up, then build a crate around it?

For the love of God though..NEVER EVER put "fragile, glass contents" on a box...thats like daring them to beat the crap out of your box...

Quick Reply: White Racing Products "windshields"