C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Project 1990 ZR1 on that site we dare not mention...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Crabs
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Project 1990 ZR1 on that site we dare not mention...

Guys:

Just spotted a project 1990 ZR1 on that site for $9500. They say a snow heavy roof collapsed on it.
Has 101k miles.

Can you say, RACE CAR?

TomC
'90ZR1 #792
Old 02-13-2007, 08:50 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Hm. Awful lot of damage to the REAR END and HOOD for a snow collapsed roof! This car was clearly rolled. Not a very good liar.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Dude needs to pull the engine out of this thing and sell it!

Also - look how wimpy our radiators on these cars are!!!!!! No wonder they won't stay cool in hot climates!

Old 02-13-2007, 08:57 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I see overspray on the tank..can you say repainted...plus why the black at the rear bumper seam...may have been a black car at one time..
Old 02-13-2007, 09:00 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by We Gone
I see overspray on the tank..can you say repainted...plus why the black at the rear bumper seam...may have been a black car at one time..
That's true - good catch. And look at the rear wheel - seem askew?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Zr1 Destroyer
Burning Brakes

Location: Thornton,Co. Press 1 to Proceed in English or 2 for Deportation ...don't let the fence hit you in the azz!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chit.....that'll buff right out!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 10:42 AM
kmoudy
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

garage must of fell off a truck..on the hwy.
to knock the air cleaner off the car...and push the
radiator back a foot...
parts car...this is a job for...
PHROGS
Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 PM
LIMEY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put in a decent offer, lets see if he takes it. One things for sure, it aint worth $9500.00 though, not many good body panels & the interior is ragged to hell.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM
guinnessdood
Drifting

Originally Posted by White Racing Products
I put in a decent offer, lets see if he takes it. One things for sure, it aint worth $9500.00 though, not many good body panels & the interior is ragged to hell.
It was definitely a repaint based on the rear seam...also the badges on the side of the hood don't belong...No rear glass, no windshield, 101K miles, trashed interior, hopefully the frame isn't tweaked, possibly a good trans (unlikely) and possibly an OK 3rd member...this VIN # (338) needs to be added to the "attrited" list. Definitely a parts car. Too bad too...a Black with Red Guts is pretty
Old 02-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by guinnessdood
It was definitely a repaint based on the rear seam...also the badges on the side of the hood don't belong...No rear glass, no windshield, 101K miles, trashed interior, hopefully the frame isn't tweaked, possibly a good trans (unlikely) and possibly an OK 3rd member...this VIN # (338) needs to be added to the "attrited" list. Definitely a parts car. Too bad too...a Black with Red Guts is pretty

A parts car for sure.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:00 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

First off crap repaint poor blakc car repainted red sad day in melmack

That motor looks pretty well taken car of. Cant say that for the interior, The rear bumper is damaged the rear quarters are damaged no back glass winshield is gone windshield frame is bent, hood smashed.
looks like it could have been damaged by snow it doesnt have the usually rollover damage on the hailo and the quarters the hood is slightly damaged while the windshield frame is bent badly, I dont know tough call but Ive parted out a couple of roll overs and they were in BAD shape

Theres alot of decent parts here the motor trany rear end but then the rest is just bent used up C4 parts, Some will bring some cash but hell you dont even know if they are good car does have over 100K on it parts wear out

The specific ZR1 body parts are all banged up, the doors are not that big on the resale and im sure the rims need attention.

the wheel wells some brackets the dash harness, front headlight harness plenty of ZR1 specific parts but whats a LT5 bringing these days?

Its been branded a salvage part it out
Part it out and be done with it

Last edited by phrogs; 02-13-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:18 PM
63vettezo6
Instructor

Parts!!! That car is a builder!!! You could put that car back together easy.

Could this be the car that was on there before in wyoming and somebody put the motor back in? i never saw picks of that car but it was rolled over in colorado. When that car was up before i would say the windsheild post was pulled back up. Anymore speculation?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Crabs
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 63vettezo6

Could this be the car that was on there before in wyoming and somebody put the motor back in? i never saw picks of that car but it was rolled over in colorado. When that car was up before i would say the windsheild post was pulled back up. Anymore speculation?
Nah.
That one in Wyo was FUBAR, much worse than this one. The seats out of it were on that as yet unnamed internet auction site about two weeks ago and they were absolute pieces of garbage. This ones' interior is bad, but it wasn't as bad as the other one.

TomC
'90ZR1 #792
Old 02-13-2007, 03:51 PM
sonomacrew01
Burning Brakes

is this a Colorado car or Vermont?

Looks like the kind of project ZR1 I'm looking for....
Old 02-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Crabs
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sonomacrew01
is this a Colorado car or Vermont?

Looks like the kind of project ZR1 I'm looking for....
The ad says it's in Boulder Co.

TomC
'90ZR1 #792
Old 02-13-2007, 05:22 PM
guinnessdood
Drifting

The Red Wyoming car....R.I.P. Fact. I saw the pieces.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:14 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Could this be the car that was on there before in wyoming and somebody put the motor back in? )

That motor I parted out! and the block is in england!

Get notified of new replies

To Project 1990 ZR1 on that site we dare not mention...

Old 02-15-2007, 11:32 AM
TomAm
Advanced

I would sell my black with red interior 37,000 mile 90 ZR-1 that I have owned for almost 16 years for $10,000 in it's current condition. It needs much less work than the one pictured. It needs the fuel injectors replaced, one of the primaries is down to 6.5 ohms and the 7 others read 10.5 to 10.8 which causes a very noticeable miss at idle. I didn't bother checking the secondary injectors since all of the primaries read low. The secondary vacuum system needs a leak fixed at the same time the injectors are replaced since the secondary pump runs about 2 seconds every 2 seconds with the key on and the engine off. It still runs good above idle and at full throttle.

The are a few other items that need replaced. The back hatch seal has the splits at the lower front corners, both lumbar pumps need replaced/rebuilt, and the right rear ltwps sensor was removed when the tires were replaced at about 30,000 miles because the retaining band broke. I have the ltwps sensor and one rebuilt pump sitting in my toolbox. The interior is in good condition with just a few scrape marks on the drivers side left seat bolster. Everything else on the car works including the whole bose radio system. Most of the common ZR-1 problems have occured and been fixed like the oil pressure sensor and oil cooler hose leaks.

There is a 2 to 3 inch scratch on the drivers door that goes down to the primer, a star crack in the center of the hood, swirl marks in the paint that show up in bright sun, and some small rock chips.

Other than the things mentioned it needs a good cleaning/detailing since I have been driving it occasionally the last few years and haven't had the time to keep everything cleaned up.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:45 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Send me some pics of this car (black/red 90) Im local

kalthoffpools@yahoo.com
Old 02-15-2007, 12:50 PM
guinnessdood
Drifting

Originally Posted by TomAm
I would sell my black with red interior 37,000 mile 90 ZR-1 that I have owned for almost 16 years for $10,000 in it's current condition. It needs much less work than the one pictured. It needs the fuel injectors replaced, one of the primaries is down to 6.5 ohms and the 7 others read 10.5 to 10.8 which causes a very noticeable miss at idle. I didn't bother checking the secondary injectors since all of the primaries read low. The secondary vacuum system needs a leak fixed at the same time the injectors are replaced since the secondary pump runs about 2 seconds every 2 seconds with the key on and the engine off. It still runs good above idle and at full throttle.

The are a few other items that need replaced. The back hatch seal has the splits at the lower front corners, both lumbar pumps need replaced/rebuilt, and the right rear ltwps sensor was removed when the tires were replaced at about 30,000 miles because the retaining band broke. I have the ltwps sensor and one rebuilt pump sitting in my toolbox. The interior is in good condition with just a few scrape marks on the drivers side left seat bolster. Everything else on the car works including the whole bose radio system. Most of the common ZR-1 problems have occured and been fixed like the oil pressure sensor and oil cooler hose leaks.

There is a 2 to 3 inch scratch on the drivers door that goes down to the primer, a star crack in the center of the hood, swirl marks in the paint that show up in bright sun, and some small rock chips.

Other than the things mentioned it needs a good cleaning/detailing since I have been driving it occasionally the last few years and haven't had the time to keep everything cleaned up.
I'd like to buy your car today. Sight unseen. PM sent. Please contact me ASAP. Thanks!

Uly Uplinger
guinnessdood@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: Project 1990 ZR1 on that site we dare not mention...