C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

May have found one....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi-psi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 81c3
I dont want the white 93. Too many mods, more than likely raced....
Given that I personally know the two individuals that have owned this car since it was purchased from the original owner back in the mid 90's I can vouch that this car is one of the better examples of a ZR1 I've seen. Aaron @ South Georgia Corvette knows of this car and can vouch for it. I've personally driven this car on more than one occasion, as recent as a month or so ago and she's perfect. The car has been meticulously maintained by two Corvette enthusiasts/owners.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:45 PM
72 Stinger
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Knock it Off

'Nuff said!
Old 04-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 81c3
The owner says it runs perfectly. He says also that its very smooth & has no problems.Why would it need a new set of injectors? I think offering him $4k less would be insulting. The car is mint, inside & out. I dont want the white 93. Too many mods, more than likely raced & I dont particularly like white.
If you like the car, as said, buy it. The lower the mileage, though, it seems the more likely it will need injectors. They are 15 years old and made of parts that can be damaged by water. If they don't get used regularly, they can start to degrade. If they have fuel flushing them out regularly, they seem to last much longer/indefinitely.

Search around and it's mainly the lower mileage cars needing new injectors while the drivers tend to fare better.

The cars and the parts were not made to sit for 15 years. They were made to be used.

If you read "The Heart of the Beast", they even specially prepared the motors built in 1993 so that they could sit for two years and be ok once installed in a car. Now we are talking 15 years, and I doubt anyone takes their motor out and preps it for long storage. Rather the car just sits there and sits there and sits there.

Also, keep in mind the primary injectors could be fine, and the car could idle perfectly. But the secondaries could be totally shot from never being used.

As an aside, if you look around, many people ask about these cars and about purchasing advice. Rarely does a thread turn out like this, yet it's all the same folks offering advice. So you might look at what the differences are with those threads. Best of luck with the search.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

clearly the early zr-1s have more injector related problems but I certainly wouldn't let a few things discourage you. the basic LT5s of ALL years are incredibly well built, reliable, and changing out the injectors is no big deal.

update to some nice stainless RCs VIOLA!!! problem solved.

even @ 27K if the car is clean and taken care of I would strongly consider it. it's a whole lotta machine for that amount of fold.

Quick Reply: May have found one....