C4 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C4 products, services and promotions.

New C4 Heavy Duty Front Hubs

Old 04-19-2014, 01:48 PM
0HoosierPE
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New C4 Heavy Duty Front Hubs

Hoosier Performance Engineering (DTE Performance Diffs) has new heavy duty front hubs available for the C4 platform. These were originally developed for the front of the 4th Gen Camaro/Firebird and are a direct replacement for the later C4's. They will work on the early C4's, but the center of the front knuckle will need to be opened up for clearance. Our hub's mounting flange is threaded, so C4 owners simple flip your mounting bolts around and thread them into our hub's flange.

Our design replaces the OEM style hub which uses an angular contact, double row of ball bearings with a double roll of tapered roller bearings sized for large enough for a 3/4 ton truck application. These oversized tapered bearings provide near infinite life in high performance applications. These are 100% new components and Timken bearings. Our hub's mounting flange is threaded, so C4 owners simple flip your mounting bolts around and thread them into our hub's flange. Even though some of our hub body is quite a bit larger than the OEM unit, it does not affect wheel offsets or brake rotor mounting.

Complete hub assembly:

Here's an exploded view of an OEM style ball bearing design and our tapered roller bearing design:

Partial assembly of our Hoosier Performance hub:

Hubs are $650 each, $1300 for the set, plus shipping. The come standard with press-in ARP M12-1.5 x 2.5" studs. Optional press-in ARP M12-1.5 x 3.5" studs or ARP 1/2"-20 x 3.5" screw-in studs.

Call us at 260-245-0352 to order yours today. We can typically ship same day.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:20 AM
BennieC.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that is an awesome design. I don't need front hubs yet but when I do, I will definitely consider this option. How about the rears?
Old 09-12-2014, 12:22 PM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Very nice product ! Thank's for remembering us C4 guys !
Old 09-12-2014, 12:32 PM
0HoosierPE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BennieC.
Now that is an awesome design. I don't need front hubs yet but when I do, I will definitely consider this option. How about the rears?
Thanks for the kind words guys. We currently do not have rear assemblies designed. If there was a large group wanting to buy, we give it consideration.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Rears are the ones that need more of the repairs. They take a beating.
Also, hub bearings for beefier half shafts.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:46 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
Also, hub bearings for beefier half shafts.
Hubs/hub bearing have 'NOTHING' to do with half-shaft.

Vendor - Yes it's good to see likely a quality product. How is the sensor for the ABS attached to the hub? The reluctor wheel speaks for itself but the sensor doesn't. The removal of the sensor aspect of these assemblies is what makes them serviceable. I believe that needs better explained. The bearings are quite straight forward with the spanner. Assuming initially these are service as an assembly, what is the lubricant they're assembled with. The specifications of the lubricant is quite likely very important.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Hubs/hub bearing have 'NOTHING' to do with half-shaft...
Actually they do when you want to use 33 spline spindles as a few big cube LT-5s are now doing.
Perhaps I should have phrased it as hub bearings that can accomodate beefier half shaft spindles.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:27 AM
0HoosierPE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Hubs/hub bearing have 'NOTHING' to do with half-shaft.

Vendor - Yes it's good to see likely a quality product. How is the sensor for the ABS attached to the hub? The reluctor wheel speaks for itself but the sensor doesn't. The removal of the sensor aspect of these assemblies is what makes them serviceable. I believe that needs better explained. The bearings are quite straight forward with the spanner. Assuming initially these are service as an assembly, what is the lubricant they're assembled with. The specifications of the lubricant is quite likely very important.
Sorry for delay on our reply WVZR-1, thanks for the questions. We were able to source the same sensor cap used in the OEM style replacement hubs. The sensor cap reads the tone ring’s (reluctor wheel’s) 47 teeth just like the OEM style hubs. It simply presses into the end of the hub’s housing, much like the dust caps of old were tapped onto the end of the old spindle style hubs. The press fit is what retains the sensor cap and it can be removed to disassemble and repack the bearings by tapping it out with a screw driver or small chisel. Once the cap is removed, the retaining screw for the tone ring is removed along with the tone ring. The retaining nut is now exposed and the two cap screws which lock the nut to the locking ring (washer). Removing the cap screws allow the locking nut to be removed which allows the unit to be disassembled. We assemble all of our units with the Mobile 1 synthetic bearing grease.

Thank you again for your questions.

-John Fehring
Old 09-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Race Prepared
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

Will these hubs work with an ABS brake car, such as a 1989?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:30 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by Race Prepared
Will these hubs work with an ABS brake car, such as a 1989?
My take on this - You would either need to use '91+ knuckle/spindle OR open the backend of your '89 knuckle/spindle and then change the connector on the ABS wires. I believe that would accomplish it.

John - so long as the bearings and seal are serviceable it looks like all's well. The ABS sensor pick-up cap is interesting. It certainly looked like a "press fit" in your images but it seemed rather unlikely.

Get notified of new replies

To New C4 Heavy Duty Front Hubs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New C4 Heavy Duty Front Hubs