C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

700R4 front pump questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 10:42 PM
angecarl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 700R4 front pump questions

Installed Transgo Shift kit and got a problem? When in Drive or OD at WOT the transmission shifts way to soon. But when shifting the car or in Drive or OD (without WOT) the car shifts fine and firm. Also the firmness go away when shifting the car at WOT. Called Transgo and the tech told me to check pump pressure. Did that and it was way to low. Can you rebuild the front pump or do you have to buy new pump or newtranny.
Never checked pump pressure before so cannot tell you if problems are from Transgo install or we had problems before install??

Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 11:27 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Can a mix up on installation mess up line pressure??
Old 12-02-2004, 02:08 AM
Bruthish
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'06-'08-'09

Are you absolutely sure you installed all the pistons and valves exactly how they say? Look at the accumulator pistons and make sure you put them in correctly..I do believe the transgo kit requires you to put one in uspside down.

Since you didn't rebuild the tranny, I would think that the likliness of the pump having problems the same time you installed the kit are slim.

Did you take any of the valves out when you did this?
Old 12-02-2004, 11:31 AM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Most shift kits raise the pressure. If you didn't have the shifting problem, before the kit install, check the installation of those related parts. I smell an installation problem.

RACE ON!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:29 PM
angecarl
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Bruthish]Since you didn't rebuild the tranny, I would think that the likliness of the pump having problems the same time you installed the kit are slim.

The tranny was rebuilt about 500 miles before we did the Transgo shift kit. Also we have looked over the valve body, I know 3 three times checking behind ourselves, (check ball placement and springs installs). Everything looked and seemed to be installed correctly per Transgo's instruction sheet. We also ground off a land on one of the valves in the front pump also per directions. We did not do that step unitl the last after we test drove the car. Told Tech at Transgo and he stated that we needed to do that step, we did no difference in the pump pressure though. Thanks
Old 12-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Parts are available to rebuild the pump if that is the problem. Parts are available to upgrade the pump (add more vanes). Rebuilt pumps are also available.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:28 PM
fsr402
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

I just picked up my tranny from the shop.
$122 for a new front pump then another $43 to up it to 13 vains.

Get notified of new replies

To 700R4 front pump questions

Quick Reply: 700R4 front pump questions