C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

how to test injectors on 1990 L98?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 04:04 AM
DevoVette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to test injectors on 1990 L98?

How do I test the fuel injectors on my 1990 L98?

1) I've searched on the forum and read that they should have 17 or so olhms of resistance but where do you actually place the lead to measure it (where physically on the injector)?

2) Is the injector pulled out or does one measure it while it is still "plugged in"?

3) Should the car be running or at least the ignition on (if it won't run on its own)?

thanks for the help...
Old 10-19-2004, 09:12 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Warm up the engine and shut if off.

Then depress the wire clip around the injector connector and unplug the connector from the injector.

You will see two contacts on the injector; just connect your DMM across these contacts to take the resistance measurement.

Record the resistance of each injector and compare values; all should read about 16 Ohms.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:27 AM
MrRenoman
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

If you're looking to see if you have clogged or dirty injectors you can perform a leakdown test with a fuel injector tester and a fuel pressure gauge. This device connects to the injector and pulses the injector in 3 different time increments. Logging the fuel pressure drop reveals whether you have good flowing injectors or not. Your injectors may measure good resistance but flowing poorly. With that said, here comes the cheap promotional shot. I have 2 used OTC testers. I only need one. $60 shipped for one. I can send a pic too if needed. Here's a link to a website with description.

http://www.automotiveequipment.com/c...html?E+scstore

Art
Old 10-19-2004, 11:38 AM
DevoVette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the detailed explaination to a newby. Much appreciated. - devo

Get notified of new replies

To how to test injectors on 1990 L98?

Quick Reply: how to test injectors on 1990 L98?