C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Resonance w/Dynomax mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Gearheadotaku
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Resonance w/Dynomax mufflers

Just put my new exhaust on, and it resonates like crazy. Should have stayed with the straight pipes. It's OK above 2500 or so, but loafing around town is awful.

1988 stock L98 w/ 2.5 inch pipes, no cats, does have a x-pipe. The X is mounted just behind the trans, where the main cat was. Mufflers are Dyomax super turbo 3" inlet twin 2 1/2 outlet. Not vette OE style, these are small case "universal fit". I liked this fact so they could be tucked flat under the body instaed of at an angle like OE.

Anyhow, any suggestions as to a cure? I'm getting a headache in 3 minutes with this thing. I was told these mufflers were rather quiet...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

[Modified by Gearheadotaku, 6:45 PM 5/3/2004]
Old 05-03-2004, 10:43 AM
VR'92
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03

Default Re: Resonance w/Dynomax mufflers (Gearheadotaku)

Hmmmm, the old resonance thread huh? The answer depends on what kind of person you are. I think you are the type who needs a Corsa to fix your problem.

Some would suggest tips being further out, others would suggest an X-pipe, and some would say Dynomat the rear compartment and some say none of these things help.

All I know is nobody has ever complained about resonance with a Corsa system. Although there have been many other complaints and that is debateable. :yesnod:

I just live with it. My dynomax was all I could afford. Sounds good to me though the resonance is bad through the 1500-2000 RPM range.

[Modified by VictorRussell'92, 9:45 AM 5/3/2004]
Old 05-03-2004, 10:53 AM
greg84
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, :iagree: installed the walker crossover pipe with the dynomax mufflers and it does cut down on the noise .its worth a shot.good luck .greg84 :cool:
Old 05-03-2004, 12:26 PM
93Quasar
Drifting

Hmm, that's odd. I'm running Dynomax with long tubes and no cats, but still have the stock resonator in there. I have no resonance whatsoever. This is the quietest system I've ever had (other than stock). Even quieter than my LT4 with cats and muffler elims. My system doesn't sound too bad when you get on it, but I personally would perfer a little more growl at idle.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Gearheadotaku
Racer

Default Re: Resonance w/Dynomax mufflers (VictorRussell'92)

Hmmmm, the old resonance thread huh? The answer depends on what kind of person you are. I think you are the type who needs a Corsa to fix your problem.

I'd love a corsa system but $$$$$$

Some would suggest tips being further out,

others would suggest an X-pipe, (ALready got an X)

and some would say Dynomat the rear compartment(Dynomat's comin')

and some say none of these things help.

All I know is nobody has ever complained about resonance with a Corsa system. Although there have been many other complaints and that is debateable. :yesnod:

I just live with it. My dynomax was all I could afford. Sounds good to me though the resonance is bad through the 1500-2000 RPM range.

[Modified by VictorRussell'92, 9:45 AM 5/3/2004]
Old 05-03-2004, 07:03 PM
87NassauBlue
Racer

Sell your dynomax and get yourself a set of borlas. I've got both and the dynamax are coming off my pacecar. My borlas don't resonate and sound good when you get on it and are very quiet at cruising speed. :smash:
Old 05-03-2004, 07:06 PM
87NassauBlue
Racer

Default Re: Resonance w/Dynomax mufflers (87NassauBlue)

I'll never buy a set of dynomax because of this reason. Everyone I know with these mufflers has this problem. The dynomax's were on my car when I bought it. That's the only reason there on it for the time being.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Gearheadotaku
Racer

Default Re: Resonance w/Dynomax mufflers (87NassauBlue)

I'd heard good things about the Dynomax before.... I'm going to call them in the morning, hope they will do something for me. (Really doubt they will)
I've only driven the car 50 miles or so....

Looks like I need to squeeze a bit more out of my wallet, C'mon now cough it up....

:U

Some one needs to make a smiley of dollar bills flying away or burning up.

This trail and error stuff blows :cry

Get notified of new replies

To Resonance w/Dynomax mufflers

Quick Reply: Resonance w/Dynomax mufflers