C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

94 LT 1 transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 02:23 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: 94 LT 1 transmission problem (American Muscle)

I have a 94 automatic conv . When i put the car in the overdrive or drive setting it slips in 1st gear , but when shifting manually it works 80% better . Only 1st gear has this problem .The fluid is not burnt but does need to be changed. Thanks for the help. :banghead:
I would say you should flush the fluid... it may not appear burnt, but at the same time, it may not be in the best of condition.

When I say flush, I mean FLUSH - replace every last drop. It's not hard, but it is time consuming... and requires removing the top transmission coolant line from the radiator. Otherwise, pay a shop about 100.00 to exhange all the fluid.

when most transmission tuneups are done, only about 1/3rd of all fluid is removed... not enough...
Old 04-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Email tomdcarguy@aol.com, he's in Howell and is the best tranny guy you'll find in Jersey(or anywhere else for that matter). He's very busy right now and is prepping his car for the Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags in Memphis, but we'll be back on May 3rd or 4th. Give him a shout.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:25 PM
American Muscle
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 94 LT 1 transmission problem

I have a 94 automatic conv . When i put the car in the overdrive or drive setting it slips in 1st gear , but when shifting manually it works 80% better . Only 1st gear has this problem .The fluid is not burnt but does need to be changed. Thanks for the help. :banghead:
Old 04-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Probuilt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manual first or second has accessed the intermedaite boost valve, this gives higher line pressure. This could be a "restricted" filter, front pump is losing its volume, to much wear (clearance) at the sealing rings, forward clutches are close to being gone because of a apply seal (toen) or cracked piston, etc.

Get notified of new replies

To 94 LT 1 transmission problem

Quick Reply: 94 LT 1 transmission problem