C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Guideplates didn’t fit, had to elongate holes, is this normal????

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Luke S
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Guideplates didn’t fit, had to elongate holes, is this normal????

I have a set of 113 heads and I ordered Comp Cams 4808 guide plates. The holes had to be slightly enlarged only on the corners of the bolt holes. The studs were slightly too far apart and the holes on the guideplates were to close together.

Is this a sign that something is now right with my heads or is this common?

[Modified by 89 Iroc Z, 11:55 AM 3/13/2004]
Old 03-13-2004, 10:40 AM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Re: Guideplates didn’t fit, had to elongate holes, is this normal???? (89 Iroc Z)

Your "link" didn't work. But there ARE different guide plates for different heads. Most a re pretty standard, but a set of Bowtie heads I'm working with DO take a slightly different guide plate. You may have received a different plate than your application calls for. If you presently have the proper clearance, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

RACE ON!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 01:05 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Guideplates didnÂ’t fit, had to elongate holes, is this normal???? (89 Iroc Z)

if the stud holes were off the slots for the pushrods could also be off as to not allow the rocker arm tips to center on the valve tips. you can cut the guide plates in 2 and align the rocker arms on the valve stem tips and then reweld them. i have done that many times. :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To Guideplates didn’t fit, had to elongate holes, is this normal????

Quick Reply: Guideplates didn’t fit, had to elongate holes, is this normal????