C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Camber brace..any good pics with demensions??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 08:51 PM
vettek50
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber brace..any good pics with demensions??

interested in building camber brace for 87' .. a another home project...

Some things needed to start project:
1. type/thickness/length of tubing
2. Length/ degrees of bend / type of material used at each end/ holes size
3. where Exactly to attach (chamber?) what size/length of bolts?
4. Some instructions on installation :rolleyes:
Old 09-17-2003, 11:26 PM
4GTWRK
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Camber brace..any good pics with demensions?? (vettek50)

Instant message sent.

Dave
Old 09-18-2003, 02:25 PM
vettek50
Racer

Default Re: Camber brace..any good pics with demensions?? (84c4)

Instant message sent.

Dave
message recieved : THANK YOU ..Dave....this would be a for my cars "home project".. "not for resale" ...do not wish to interfer with manufacturing rights!
"DIY" project for winter. Plans are to build from Stainless Steel "one of a KIND"...
Old 09-18-2003, 02:30 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy one of Dave's Camber Brace's. He has quality stuff! Who knows...maybe he will make one for you in stainless steel. Others here have gotten different colors from him. Unfortunately, I don't think you are going to find anyone that will give you the specs on how to build one out of respect for Dave at R&D Racing. Just my $0.02.
:cheers:
Old 09-18-2003, 02:48 PM
vettek50
Racer

Default Re: Camber brace..any good pics with demensions?? (Whitvette)

Buy one of Dave's Camber Brace's. He has quality stuff! Who knows...maybe he will make one for you in stainless steel. Others here have gotten different colors from him. Unfortunately, I don't think you are going to find anyone that will give you the specs on how to build one out of respect for Dave at R&D Racing. Just my $0.02.
Yes I believe that the quaility is There! In respect for dave :iagree: ...but this is a project on which i could say i have made myself .. it is the personal satisfaction I AM AFTER>>>my opinon<<<< :thumbs:
Old 09-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Gary04Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

:iagree:
Old 09-18-2003, 03:31 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I believe that the quaility is There! In respect for dave :iagree: ...but this is a project on which i could say i have made myself .. it is the personal satisfaction I AM AFTER>>>my opinon<<<< :thumbs:
That is all good. Personal satisfaction is what all of us Vette owners have with our vehicles. I just have a strong feeling that you aren't going to get the measurements without buying one yourself. You could always buy one and then build your own based on that, but the "R&D" that R&D Racing has put into their product deserves compensation. That is why I highly doubt anyone here is going to measure their camber brace to give you all the dimensions you need to do this. Esp3ecially with all the support Dave at R&D Racing gives to the forum. Now, if you do all your own measurements and create your own, that would be personal satisfaction. BTW, I would love to see that stainless steel camber brace when you finish it, make sure you show us.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

That is all good. Personal satisfaction is what all of us Vette owners have with our vehicles. I just have a strong feeling that you aren't going to get the measurements without buying one yourself. You could always buy one and then build your own based on that, but the "R&D" that R&D Racing has put into their product deserves compensation. That is why I highly doubt anyone here is going to measure their camber brace to give you all the dimensions you need to do this. Esp3ecially with all the support Dave at R&D Racing gives to the forum. Now, if you do all your own measurements and create your own, that would be personal satisfaction. BTW, I would love to see that stainless steel camber brace when you finish it, make sure you show us.
:iagree: If you really want to have one of your own then by all means take your measurements and hack away. But, you can't copy somebody elses work. That is stealing.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:09 PM
vettek50
Racer

thanks for the reply :) ...none the less a $0.02 opinon has turn out to be bucks worth of :bs ....
I say Again.. there is only satisfaction in building a "CAMBER BRACE"... ..:lolg: :lolg:

Project begins here:
1. the mounting is to the upper control arm shim bolts just on the inside of the support brackets. This measurement is from bracket to bracket (inboard)
2. each end of this brace is 1/2"plate steel, with 1/2" hole, from this hole the plate to the back of the brace will be 3/4" shorter then the frame cross member or 3 1/4" with a 2" offset
3. tubing is 2"X2"X3/16". actual measurement bracket to bracket less 1" (gonna replace this).
4. now if you need pictures of installation do a search as i did...
5. Total estimate of materials in Steel $12.00 bucks ....Stainless Steel $16.00..Titanium $38.00.. Welding/drilling/fab...1 hour....(one piece brace)
6. Tools required Tig Welder, cut-off saw, plasma cutter :lol:( if u got use it!)

BTW: Titanium is lighter than Stainless Steel ...cost is reasonable... other options are aluminum (Polished).

:smash: :lol:
Old 09-18-2003, 10:11 PM
oldace84
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

Sorry, but I don't think it is needed on an '84 vette.
tony
Old 09-18-2003, 10:13 PM
vettek50
Racer

Default Re: Camber brace..any good pics with demensions?? (oldace84)

no 84 here... project is for 87. 89 , and is it a project for the winter!
Old 09-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Gary04Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Camber brace..any good pics with demensions?? (oldace84)

tony
I think Dave developed it off his 84 before he sold it. The 84s don't have the bracing to the upper a-arms.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:28 PM
vettek50
Racer

Default Re: Camber brace..any good pics with demensions?? (Gary96LT4)

tony

I think Dave developed it off his 84 before he sold it. The 84s don't have the bracing to the upper a-arms.
absolutely! sure! Whatever! :iagree:

BTW: searching previous threads(some 95+). installation of "Camber Brace" was fairly easy in most cases by those whom atempted..Having said that, the problem was access/remove/reinstalling the serpentine belt..seems to be VERY little space to actuate the tensioner without a special tool. One other problem, drivers side camber bolt needed to be installed in reverse or installing it first, then the other side. Doing so, removal of belt may not be neccesary. Keep in mind this for L98, (straight across, no Electric Water pump), LT1/4 are different. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=536839 :thumbs:

To further, checking the achives, there has been many PROS/Cons listed, But in general the owners where happy and at least thought there was an improvement to their babys..you would think after spending $180.00.. I would!

this thread seemed to http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=598136 explain some non scientific information regarding/testing and operation....

I believe having gathered enough infromation from these archives, have engineered a revised edition of DAVE's "Camber Brace"....now don't get ME wrong, This project will remain as a"HOME PROJECT" for my satisfaction, nor will I publish the results! , All the thanks/credit belongs to "DAVE"
[Modified by vettek50, 9:47 PM 9/18/2003] :chevy

[Modified by vettek50, 12:37 PM 9/19/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Camber brace..any good pics with demensions??

Quick Reply: Camber brace..any good pics with demensions??