C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help. Steering wheel pops

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 09:30 PM
macsvette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help. Steering wheel pops

I have a 1995 coupe and when the car is on or off and when the wheel is at 12 o'clock if I turn the wheel slightly left or right (I don't even have to actually turn the wheels) I hear and feel a pop in the wheel, in the brake pedal, and if I place my hands on the Intermediate shaft betwwen the firewall and rack and pinion I can also feel and hear this. Any suggestions on what this may be?
Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old 09-15-2003, 12:21 AM
SkunkCar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Help. Steering wheel pops (macsvette)

I can't offer any advice, but I must throw in one comment: I have a similar situation on my Grand Sport. I don't feel it in the brake pedal, but I do get a very minor pop that is barely audible and can be felt lightly in the steering wheel. The guy I bought the car from told me about it, and I've lived with it since then. I've autocrossed the car quite a bit, so she's seen some aggressive driving. And the problem has never gotten any worse. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, hoping perhaps I can gain some insight into the problem.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:00 AM
comp94
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Help. Steering wheel pops (macsvette)

same problem here iv owned my car for 3 years and its done it ever since i firt gotten it

Get notified of new replies

To Help. Steering wheel pops

Quick Reply: Help. Steering wheel pops