C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Hit the rev lim last night.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 09:34 PM
smar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hit the rev lim last night. (Clemson Vette)

perhaps heavy load with oil not wormed up.
:confused:
Old 09-08-2003, 10:44 PM
McShagger
Safety Car

Default Re: Hit the rev lim last night. (Clemson Vette)

First of all, doing burn outs isnt that good for your transmission or your bearings that could have an effect. Also, hard turns can damage them as well. If you do bootlegger U-turns, your just asking for it. But dammit!!! They are fun! :steering:
Old 09-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Default Re: Hit the rev lim last night. (McShagger)

First of all, doing burn outs isnt that good for your transmission or your bearings that could have an effect. Also, hard turns can damage them as well. If you do bootlegger U-turns, your just asking for it. But dammit!!! They are fun! :steering:
Don't I know it, I had to replace my rear bearings after a couple donuts in a parking lot.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:36 AM
smar
Instructor

Default Re: Hit the rev lim last night. (Mr Mojo)

Don't I know it, I had to replace my rear bearings after a couple donuts in a parking lot.
We all are enjoying a well built vehicle, don't worry about couple of donuts despite the feeling that the car is being abused it can actually handle plenty more because its power train is so overrated. Simply you can not put 200k on a Lamborghini.
The only thing that might suffer is the tires; bearings are the strong point in the transmission.
:thumbs:

Quick Reply: Hit the rev lim last night.