C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Rear camber adjustment

Old 02-18-2015, 05:22 AM
spro2395
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear camber adjustment

Howdy
I lowered the rear of my 85 so now it has to much rear camber 3.5 degrees. I'm borrowing a camber gauge to reset it but need the procedure. I see that the inner bolt hes an eccentric washer with a small hole in it (special tool)? Do I need to raise the car to reset then lower back down to check?
Thanks
Old 02-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Shag
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spro2395
Howdy
I lowered the rear of my 85 so now it has to much rear camber 3.5 degrees. I'm borrowing a camber gauge to reset it but need the procedure. I see that the inner bolt hes an eccentric washer with a small hole in it (special tool)? Do I need to raise the car to reset then lower back down to check?
Thanks
Yes, car will have to be raised. Lossen the camber nut and turn but honestly, if I were you..I would just take it to the shop to get realigned. It's a PITA. Where I'm from its $65 to get it aligned. All digital. Save yourself the trouble.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:02 PM
DanZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry but I have to disagree with Shaggy. It's not that hard, really, especially the rear camber. There are numerous threads on the procedure (plus other websites as well). If you're willing to take the time the entire suspension can be aligned at home with as much precision as a commercial alignment rack. Most racer cars never never see a commercial alignment rack.

Having been in the "biz" I've seen too many shops that don't take the time to align a vehicle properly, read "to and go". The machines don't necessarily make a good alignment, the technician does. The (alignment) machine just makes it faster (easier) for the tech (mo' money)

A great pub put out by the Flint Michigan Corvette Club:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Alignment.pdf (245.3 KB, 838 views)
File Type: pdf
Alignment Specs[1].pdf (748.5 KB, 362 views)

Last edited by DanZ51; 02-18-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Shag
Intermediate

That's good reading Dan. Thanks for posting those links. I will have to try it out. My math skills are horrendous (even with a calculator) will have to get the wife to do the numbers. ��

Get notified of new replies

To Rear camber adjustment

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear camber adjustment