C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Stealth Ram or Superram?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 07:43 AM
Cratzy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealth Ram or Superram?

I know this is an old subject and I have been looking in the archives for answers but I am still confused... :confused:

Engine is more or less stock, with Hooker Super Comp. headers, dual 3" exhaust. 2,59 in the back. Future plans are changing rear end ratio, camshaft, 1,6 rockers, ported heads or new heads. Perhaps I will build a stroker, but not in the near future.

A couple of times per year the car will see the strip and sometimes even a road racing track.

I bought a Superram a couple of month ago, but it turns out that the manifold was wrong so I sold it. Now I know of this other guy that is going to sell his Superram with 58mm TB for approximately 850$. Should I buy that one or go with the Stealthram? Price is almost the same.

What happened to the C4 plenum for the Stealth ram? Any news?

Thanks in advance.
:cheers:
Old 08-25-2003, 09:50 AM
grumpyvette
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Stealth Ram or Superram? (Cratzy)

http://fasterdeals.com/vette/index.html
I found this info and I figured you guys might like to look it over, now the first thing I want to point out is where the DATA came from. and KEEP IN MIND ITS REAR WHEEL HP AND The TPI INTAKE IN THE TEST consists of 58mm TB, fully ported plenum, AS&M large tube runners, and highly ported Edelbrock base WHICH MEANS ITS ALREADY MAKING AT LEAST 25HP-30HP MORE THAN A STOCK TPI INTAKE)

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/winter01/dyno/

The engine was basically the same,in all the test except for the intake manifold, consisting of a ZZ4 crate motor, AFR190 heads, LT4 HOT cam, and SLP 1-3/4" SS headers. Trans is a 700r4 with a Vigilante 2800 stall converter. The Engine Control Module (ECM) was a '92 TPI stock ECM (MAP/speed-density) with a modified EPROM.

I HAVE GONE TRU AND WILL PICKED OUT THE IMPORTANT POINTS TO SAVE YOU TIME IN THE CHARTs AND GRAPHS ON THE SITE

TPI engine.....283 PEAK rwhp @4800rpm peak
AVG. TQ 291.5
AVG HP 269.5

miniram
303 PEAK rwhp @6200rpm peak
AVG. TQ 285.8
AVG HP 269.1
IT LOST 29 HP at 3800 rpm and MADE 48 MORE HP THAN THE extensively ported large runner TPI
at 6300 RPM

stealth ram
342 PEAK rwhp @6400rpm
AVG. TQ 319
AVG HP 300 it lost 28 hp at 3600 rpm BUT GAINED 66 HP AT 6600 RPM
over the extensively ported large runner TPI
342 rear wheel hp is approximately equal to 427 flywheel HP FROM A 350 SBC ENGINE, figuring a 20% driveline loss rate.
and 342 rear wheel hp is 97 hp more HP at the rear wheels than the stock engine was rated at!!!

the use of a longer duration cam and only measureing PEAK HP would tend to benefit the miniram and STEALTH RAM intakes to a MUCH GREATER extent than the TPI, THATS HOW claims of gains of 100hp are made for some intake combos, while its TRUE that you can make in excess of a HUNDRED EXTRA hp at 6600rpms is due more to the TPI not being able to flow air (LOSSES) keep in mind that a LARGER ENGINE DISPLACEMENT WOULD BENEFIT EVEN MORE from the steathram
you might want to read this also
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...holleystealth/
link to c-4 stealthram

[Modified by grumpyvette, 3:05 PM 8/25/2003]
Old 08-25-2003, 05:45 PM
Blown Vette
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Stealth Ram or Superram? (Cratzy)

Now I know of this other guy that is going to sell his Superram with 58mm TB for approximately 850$. Should I buy that one or go with the Stealthram? Price is almost the same.
Jump on the SuperRam at that price! A much better choice and better quality than the othere choice.

What happened to the C4 plenum for the Stealth ram? Any news?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=582814

There is a much higher quality piece in the above thread. Also the design is much better in my view. Also if you get a SUPER RAM and go to sell it you will loose very little money due to a high resale. I doubt many would be interested in a painted box. I think that makes it looks cheap.

Old 08-25-2003, 05:58 PM
LD85
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: Stealth Ram or Superram? (Blown Vette)

Those Stealth rams would look much better if someon took a .250" end mill and put some shallow grooves/fins on the top like the SR.

Going with shallow square or ball end mill grooves would not take maybe 15 minutes on a Bridgeport with auto feed.

Diamond plate would look cool too.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:01 PM
thepenguin99
Racer

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Stealth Ram or Superram? (ld85)

Considering your engine is basically stock I would think the superram would be a much better choice. Also, at $850 you wouldn't lose any money on the superram when you get ready to sell it.

[Modified by thepenguin99, 6:03 PM 8/25/2003]
Old 08-26-2003, 03:44 AM
Cratzy
Racer

Default Re: Stealth Ram or Superram? (thepenguin99)

I think I will go the Superram route because of the high rpm that the Stealth ram requires and I only have 2,59:1 in the back. Perhaps I can sell my Superram when I have done some more modifications to my engine and get the Stealth ram later... The Stealth ram will be more expansive for me than the Superram since I live in Sweden and I have to pay taxes and all on the Stealth ram while the Superram is for sale here in Sweden.

Thanks for all the input guys. I will let you know my decision...
:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Stealth Ram or Superram?

Quick Reply: Stealth Ram or Superram?