C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

FEAR, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 01:55 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default FEAR, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION

I was just at my friends place of business showing off my projects I completed on my Vette. As I was leaving he was watching, so I gave him a little show. 1st to 2nd flat out; it felt great. Then I noticed a new sound from the drive train. Kind of a metal scraping sound. I put the clutch in and no change. I slowed and the sound slowed. Now I'm thinking the worst; something in the tranny or maybe the dif. I was sick! I limped home like a dog with his tail between his legs and parked it on my Kwik-Lift. First look, no fluids leaking. I rolled under the Vette and saw nothing out of the ordinary. At the rear of the car, I found a branch from a bush lodged under the right wheel. My source of panic. It was rubbing on the short shaft. What a relief. Now my blood pressure is back to normal and I feel like I need to give thanks. BEER HERE :hurray:
Old 07-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Ramrod92
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: FEAR, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION (Strick)

Tom, if you had been driving in Memphis today, you would have had plenty of branchs to drag along. :eek:
Old 07-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Ruby6spd
Melting Slicks

we've all had those moments one way are another

Back when I was in High School I was backing my fathers then brand new BMW out of the garage and guess what? I heard a kind of bang and rubbing noise.. I look back and our tractor was behind me and I hit it.. I almost cried when the thought of the damage I had just done went through my head..

I got out of the car and walked around back and somehow the rear tire hit the fender of the tractor and pushed it a little way but there was no sheet metal to sheet metal touching.. I simply just lucked out plain and simple!!!

I and understand how you felt on the drive home :crazy: :crazy:
Old 07-23-2003, 02:31 PM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: FEAR, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION (Ruby6spd)

I'm never that lucky :crazy: If it were me I would have gone under to see that my 1/2 shaft was whipping around, taking everything in site out with it. Even if I lucked into it being a branch as in your case. I would have been a from a poison oak or similar tree that would have given me a rash all over my body. :D

But some guys have all the luck! :jester Glad it was an easy/inexpensive fix. :cheers: :thumbs:
Old 07-23-2003, 03:27 PM
n1kki6
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: FEAR, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION (ski_dwn_it)

I'm never that lucky :crazy: If it were me I would have gone under to see that my 1/2 shaft was whipping around, taking everything in site out with it. Even if I lucked into it being a branch as in your case. I would have been a from a poison oak or similar tree that would have given me a rash all over my body. :D

But some guys have all the luck! :jester Glad it was an easy/inexpensive fix. :cheers: :thumbs:
:rofl: :rofl:
Old 07-23-2003, 03:34 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: FEAR, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION (ski_dwn_it)

A fellow Murphy's law member. That's usually me, too. We ought to make a patch, "Murphy's Law Charter Member" :lolg: :rofl: :lol: :D :lolg:
Old 07-23-2003, 03:56 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,400 Likes on 1,016 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I'm not that lucky either.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:49 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 299 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

That's a nice feeling when it's said and done...a buddy of mine called me one day to come over and see his new "toy"...it was a brand new 500 SEL hardtop, 2 days old...his fiance decides to run to the store for a loaf of bread and promptly backs his 1 year old 750i into the new 500...turned out to be a $8500 loaf of bread... :eek:
Old 07-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Slick94
Advanced

Good things happen to good people. Thanks for all the help with the opti, water pump, plugs and wires. I taking a dinner break and need to attach the new vacuum lines, add coolant and fire it up. Pray for no oil or water leaks. BTW I did change the water pump seal. :thumbs:
Old 07-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Man, Strick you had my blood pressure up just reading about it! :eek: I'll have that beer(s) with you :cheers: :hurray:
Old 07-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Re: FEAR, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION (bradvette)

When I first bought the 84, I got home one day and it was smoking from under the car and the putrid smell was coming out. I was in a state of panic....

I looked under the car, and a large plastic shopping bag was tangled around the catalytic converter and was congealed into a burned, mangled mass of molten plastic.

I had to wait for it to cool, and then damn near had to chisel the crap off.

Glad to hear everything is OK. There's nothing worse than that sinking feeling when you think you've broken something.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Cal Vette
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I have done the same thing in another car of mine. Had it been the VETTE, my blood pressure would have been just like yours
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Get notified of new replies

To FEAR, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION

Quick Reply: FEAR, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION