C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anyone running B&M Trick Shift or Synthetic Trick Shift in a 4L60E ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 08:29 AM
Alex D
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone running B&M Trick Shift or Synthetic Trick Shift in a 4L60E ???

Can you comment on these fluids. Are they woth trying? I'd like firmer shifts without installing a HPP or shift kit........

[Modified by Alex D, 7:30 AM 7/13/2003]
Old 07-13-2003, 08:48 PM
honas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone running B&M Trick Shift or Synthetic Trick Shift in a 4L60E ??? (Alex D)

Red Line oil will do what you want it to. Check the website.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:11 AM
Probuilt
Advanced

Default Re: Anyone running B&M Trick Shift or Synthetic Trick Shift in a 4L60E ??? (honas)

The regular B&M Trick Shift is a Ford type "F", it will not help the clutches or band in a 700R4 or 4L60E. The reason it appears to make it "shift" harder is that it slips more at the bginning and through the middle of the shift and it allows the clutches/band to come on all at once at the end of the shift. The Dexron III has a smoother transition through out the entire shift, which is what you want.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:33 PM
vetteboy95
Instructor

Default Re: Anyone running B&M Trick Shift or Synthetic Trick Shift in a 4L60E ??? (Alex D)

Try the Shift +. You can get it form Mid America for $70. It's a switch that allows you to switch from stock firmness to two different firmness settings. I have this and it works great, it's been on setting 2(firmest) since I put it in. When it shifts from 1st to 2nd, it'll chirp 'em. :thumbs: The switch goes inside the car and you run two wires through the fire wall and splice into two wires on the PCM. Under 45 minute install. I LOVE it!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone running B&M Trick Shift or Synthetic Trick Shift in a 4L60E ???

Quick Reply: Anyone running B&M Trick Shift or Synthetic Trick Shift in a 4L60E ???