C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

TPIS bad business (please read)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 08:02 AM
BBA
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: (KLLRVET)

Your right...Chris made a mistake...thats not the problem.

What is the problem is the response.

And as for getting a receipt for the thing...who cares, if a guy spends $1100 on an intake manifold and who knows how much on Brodix heads...do you really think he's that freaking cheap to extort a free part?

I guess no one ever heard a phrase like "the customer is always right"
Old 06-16-2003, 01:07 PM
luvmy92
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: (BBA)

BBA,

I have read the whole thread and realize we are not talking about the first miniram from Mike in Boston. We are talking about the 2nd miniram which 396roadster says he bought from TPIS. Terry said he did not buy it from them and 396roadster hasn't come up with any evidence to the contrary...

Mike
Old 06-16-2003, 01:15 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: (Ski2Tee)

TASTES GREAT!!!
LESS FILLING!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 07:05 PM
John Row
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: TPIS bad business (plastic1)

A Ha! Thanks for chiming in Mike.

It's a second hand intake! Just as we new it was. And sold WITHOUT the fittings.

Anybody got a CIGAR?

:lol:
Even if Terry is right. Does anyone think this is good customer service?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:46 PM
BBA
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: TPIS bad business (John Row)

It's more than obvious Terry was NOT right, it was a different manifold, Terry never proved he did not buy it from a dealer brand new and I agree that is POOR customer service.

Look if your concerned about the not coming up with proof he bought it new sales receipt...just think of that Holley carb or set of pistons you may have bought new three years ago from Summit and lost the receipt...like Holley or TRW is going to say you never bought anything from them? Yea right...we all know better than that.

The fact is still he called and was told a substitute by part number and that did not fit...a fact they should have known at TPIS...IE: Dont tell anyone a part number if you are not sure about it.

The poor treatment from Terry...It's nothing surprising though...many in the auto business have poor social skills. Especially in the high dollar aftermarket parts sales counter because they cant find a real job positions.

Old 06-16-2003, 08:47 PM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 101 Posts

Default Re: TPIS bad business (John Row)

Can we stop this now?

"I know you are but what am I"

"Are too" "Am not" "Are too" "Am not"

Engage roto-stroke...varoooooom

:spam :bs
Old 06-16-2003, 09:04 PM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: TPIS bad business (BBA)

Look if your concerned about the not coming up with proof he bought it new sales receipt...just think of that Holley carb or set of pistons you may have bought new three years ago from Summit and lost the receipt...like Holley or TRW is going to say you never bought anything from them? Yea right...we all know better than that.
Yeah, those folks have such high volume sales that they don't keep a database on who bought what from them like TPIS does. Hell, I haven't bought anything from them for 4 years (until last week) and they still had all of my information INCLUDING what I bought. Yes, database errors occur, but still...(and no, I'm still not excusing the comments made by Terry)

The poor treatment from Terry...Especially in the high dollar aftermarket parts sales counter because they cant find a real job positions.
Ok, now you've gone too far. It's one thing to say that someone is BS'ing someone or say that they were very rude on the phone or that comments were uncalled for. Well, now I'm saying that your comments are uncalled for. You just crossed over from criticizing someone's behavior to personal attacks, which is specifically forbidden on the forum. Stop the name calling and personal attacks, and LET THIS FRIGGIN THREAD DIE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

[Modified by CorvetteZ51Racer, 9:05 PM 6/16/2003]
Old 06-16-2003, 09:53 PM
corvette1990
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: TPIS bad business (396 Roadster)

Ok here is my TPIS gripe - again - I ordered the expensive longtube coated headers. I admit they have lasted several years and don't leak. however... when I bought them I found out almost too late that the coating had closed up the bolt holes. so they had to be drilled out. Then the number 7 tube had to be redimpled so that the bolt would not cross thread into the aluminum heads. Now 2 years later they are all pitted and are starting to look nasty. Perhaps I forgot to Zaino them??? Then I bought a spark plug set for high temps that the headers -put out. 7 of them looked the same and had a nipple on the top for that distributor hold down ring thing. But one was a smooth top and just looked out of place. I complained and you know what they sent me. Nooooo not a new wire.....just a new boot, for me to rip apart my new wire and put that matching boot on. Hmmm See a pattern here. That was the last dollar spent there after almost $1000.00 spent. :rant:
Old 06-16-2003, 11:20 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: TPIS bad business (corvette1990)

Let me just say that I don't plan on every doing business with TPIS, but if I did and Terry answered the phone, I'd hang up! If he was working for me he'd been fired. There's no reason to treat anyone like that when you are representing a business. Plan and simple, end of story! :rant:
Old 06-20-2003, 05:28 PM
396 Roadster
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TPIS bad business (396 Roadster)

TPIS UPDATE:

I received my fittings from TPIS, but I had some more problems ...

They sent 1 fitting that was the wrong one! ... so I called them back and Jim said 88 Vettes can come with either size return line, he said he would ship me the correct one out the next day for free and cover the shipping.

Well I did get the correct fitting yesterday, but TPIS billed me $49 US on the credit card for shipping! WTF!!! The invoice has $0 for the fitting as "warranty replacement" , but $49 for shipping & handling. Why can't they just do what they say??? I called them again today and left a message on their voicemail :mad
Old 06-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Shovelhead
Instructor

Default Re: TPIS bad business

I don't know if any of us will know the entire story, but a little goodwill from a company goes a long way.

My brother is a Snap-On dealer. When he meets a skeptic, he asks them "What's your most used wrench?". It's usually a 1/2" or 13mm or something. He grabs one out of the truck and tells them "You can keep this forever, and here's my card". These guys are so impressed with the customer service (and Snap-On), that he's NEVER failed to get a future sale with these guys. On top of that, they tell all of their friends.

Seems to me that right or wrong, 10 dollars worth of free parts would have made a lifetime customer with a habit of telling all his friends.

Old 06-20-2003, 06:25 PM
VetBoy89
Burning Brakes

Default Re: TPIS IDIOTS (Mark L. Warner)

So Terry, how much time have you spent posting on this thread trying to prove that 396 didn't buy this part from you? Has the time added up to $32 in wasted labor yet that your company has to pay you for? You say 396 isn't a customer, well that's total :bs he owns one of your products, in my eye that makes him a customer whether he purchased it from you or not. Guess I know which vendor I won't be using in the future. :leaving:
Old 06-21-2003, 05:44 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: TPIS IDIOTS (VetBoy89)

:skep: Sometimes I wonder if you guys are truly seeking a resolution, or if you're just rubberneckers looking for drama. :leaving:
Old 06-21-2003, 11:15 AM
reallycoolcorvette
Racer

Default Re: (vvv90)

TASTES GREAT!!!

LESS FILLING!!!

TASTE GREAT!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 09:57 PM
tpi 421 vette
Melting Slicks

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts

Default Re: (reallycoolcorvette)

I have bought several parts from them in the past... and never had a problem. I think this whole thread has gotten blown out of purportion. I will continue to do business with them.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:38 AM
396 Roadster
Instructor

Default Re: ???????????

What should I do now???
Old 06-23-2003, 05:44 AM
Davemc1963-87conv
Racer

Default Re: ??????????? (396 Roadster)

Maybe try fitting the parts and enjoy your vette! :reddevil

Get notified of new replies

To TPIS bad business (please read)

Old 06-23-2003, 08:17 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,106 Likes on 720 Posts

My dad told me years ago, when I was just a mere lad, "Son, if you get into trouble, I will go to bat for you but I want you to tell me the truth and the whole truth right up front."

this thread should be stricken in its entirety.....

Personally, I have never dealt with TPIS but I have looked at their products and may just try a couple. I see more positive posts than negative here. :steering:
Old 06-24-2003, 02:47 AM
396 Roadster
Instructor

Default Re: ???????????

Still haven't got a return phone call from TPIS ... where is Terry (plastic 1) now??? :mad
Old 06-24-2003, 03:39 AM
LD85
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

This is getting really very old, tiring, bored and,,,,, well you get the picture.

Sell the MINIRAM and be done with it if you are this unhappy, this thread has done all it can do,,,, and,,,, more,,, :sleep:

Quick Reply: TPIS bad business (please read)