C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How to disassemble power antenna motor on '94?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 07:45 PM
The Example
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default How to disassemble power antenna motor on '94?

Okay, so my ride is dry-docked on a set of 3 ton stands, and I was putzing around with some repair work/upgrades (got the lowering bolts/poly bushings in, about to go do camber brace, dust shields, etc). Anyway, in the process of removing the wheels, I noticed that the power antenna was easily accessible. I'm pretty sure I have some ribbon broken off within the motor, so here's what I've done so far.

Removed two bolts mounting motor to bracket.
Removed one bolt and one phillips head screw on top of assembly.
Dropped it down, removed one medium sized phillips head screw on metal bracket attaching motor to mast assembly.
Removed two size 1 phillips screws on either side of metal motor casing attaching it to plastic. (small metal rod type thing fell off at that point.)
Removed 1 medium sized phillips screw on antenna mast assembly (kinda hidden between a couple wires.)

Anyway, the tech tip states to remove the nut holding the flywheel cover in place. I dont see this...nut. I tried pulling the cover off of the motor, but now its being stubborn and wont go back in all of the way.

Can anyone who has disassembled their power antenna motor give me a heads-up as to this flywheel nut? Thanks a lot.

In the meantime, I'm going to go stick that camber brace on.

~Gannon

Old 04-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Rockthumper
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: How to disassemble power antenna motor on '94? (stormy652)

turn it around, it should be a 7mm in the middle.
R/T
Old 04-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Atok
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: How to disassemble power antenna motor on '94? (stormy652)

I just did this very thing on my '95. I'm not sure what nut you're talking about, I don't remember removing a nut. Maybe our antennas are different?

Anyway, for what it's worth, what I found wrong with mine was an open thermal fuse inside the motor itself. Only two screws to remove the motor and a real PITA to get it back together because of the tiny brushes. I replaced the fuse with a jumper wire and put a 2A inline fuse in the main feed line inside the hatch area (relay contacts are rated for 2A). Now it works normally again.

Get notified of new replies

To How to disassemble power antenna motor on '94?

Quick Reply: How to disassemble power antenna motor on '94?