C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

jacking point

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 04:07 AM
sfields1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jacking point

hi,
im going to change the trans fluid and the axle fluid in my 92 lt1 zo7 6 speed and i took a look underneath and was curious where do you guys put a floor jack in the front and the rear i want to use 4 jackstands (one at each corner) also which trans fluid do most of you guys use redline mtl or the castrol stuff you have to get at a bmw dealer

thanx :flag
Old 04-03-2003, 08:09 AM
HTRK-1
Pro

Default Re: jacking point (sfields1)

I lift the front by the front crossmember and place the jack stands on the frame rails where they bend in toward the engine (this area is very strong). In the back, I have used the factory jack locations, but I now use the C4 attachment for my floor jack. You can use this to lift the rear of the car with the differential. They are about $50 from Corvette Central (jack-a-vette). With my Z07, I have to drive the car up on 2x4's to get enough clearance for the jack. Hope this helps. :cheers:

[Modified by HTRK-1, 8:11 AM 4/3/2003]
Old 04-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Bodhi
Pro

Default Re: jacking point (HTRK-1)

http://www.corvettegadgetman.com/products3.html

The Corvette Gadgetman sells a C4 jack adapter for $35. I bought his C4 EZ Vent and I am impressed with his craftsmanship. Excellent communication also. His adpater fits between the exhaust pipes and lets you lift on the differential.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Golden Bear
Advanced

Default Re: jacking point (HTRK-1)

I lift the front by the front crossmember and place the jack stands on the frame rails where they bend in toward the engine (this area is very strong). In the back, I have used the factory jack locations, but I now use the C4 attachment for my floor jack. You can use this to lift the rear of the car with the differential. They are about $50 from Corvette Central (jack-a-vette). With my Z07, I have to drive the car up on 2x4's to get enough clearance for the jack. Hope this helps. :cheers:

[Modified by HTRK-1, 8:11 AM 4/3/2003]

:iagree:

This is exactly what I do also! As far as the fliud, I use the factory fill (PN 1052931) 8.29 a quart, you need to buy three.

Get notified of new replies

To jacking point

Quick Reply: jacking point