C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

TPIS Header Owners ( Question )

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Black96Corvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPIS Header Owners ( Question )

I have a 1996 LT1 Automatic, I am removing the cats when installing these headers. I need to know though, when you order them, do you NEED the Y pipe that they provide? Do they provide it for all the years? I mean could I get it cheaper without this piping? I have a b&B triflow Y pipe already I think and wouldn't want to change it.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:57 PM
GS345
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11

Default Re: TPIS Header Owners (Black96Corvette)

I dont think you need that, I think thats for the earler C4s. At least I dident need it for my LT4

jeff
Old 03-18-2003, 11:00 PM
UDLUV12
Racer

I don't know if this will be any help to you, but when I ordered my TPiS Headers in 1995...I did not get the 'Y' pipe. I can remember our conversation,
and there was no mention of a 'Y' pipe. I'm not even sure if one was available
back then. Then again, I have an '86 Vette...so there may be some issues that I'm not aware of when it comes to a '96 Vette, and the requirements you may have.

I would think they'd be more the willing to work with you...if you didn't want the 'Y' pipe.

If I had it all to do over again, I wish I would have ordered my Headers without the 'emission hook-ups' that were welded into both sides of the header pipes, near the heads.

[Modified by UDLUV12, 7:00 PM 3/19/2003]
Old 03-18-2003, 11:06 PM
95Redsled
Instructor

You do not need nor want the y-pipe, this was for L98s who used one primary cat. The y-pipe from TPIS is a $75 option, we went all through this headache when we did the group purchase a couple of months ago. Call up Chris at Eastcoast Supercharging, he had the best deals going on the TPIS headers and can awnser any other questions you may have for your application. :chevy
Old 03-18-2003, 11:16 PM
Black96Corvette
Instructor

Default Re: TPIS Header Owners (95Redsled)

Thanks for the responses guys! and thanks 95Redsled for the vendor. So how much did you guys pay for just the Headers themselves? They want 750 plus the Y pipe.... I'm sold on these headers no matter what, they fit almost perfectly

Get notified of new replies

To TPIS Header Owners ( Question )

Quick Reply: TPIS Header Owners ( Question )