C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

GM LT4 HotCam Kit alternative

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 07:16 AM
graulus
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM LT4 HotCam Kit alternative

Since the LT4 HotCam kit is not available anymore (the one with the roller rockers, springs etc), i am looking for a replacement.

Jegs has a LT4 hotcam kit without roller rockers and springs. Which springs and rockers would be the most similar to the ones originaly in the LT4 HotCam kit? Anyone knows what else i need?

Old 04-24-2024, 10:21 AM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

If your car is a "roller motor" as they call them (from the factory '87 and up I think) it should have "dog bones" and a "spider" on top of the lifter assembly that bolts to the block. Assuming that's the case (likely so ~ and if relatively low mileage) you might be able to use your original roller lifters. After installing the cam, you could check for coil bind on the springs to see if there is enough clearance.

I'm assuming parts are hard to get and expensive in Belgium, that's why I am aiming for frugality. Hot cam is pretty mild, so it isn't a huge change to the engine.

This is useful reading about it from Grumpy garage ~ very informative
https://garage.grumpysperformance.co...cam-info.1049/

BTW, I have a hotcam and love it!

Old 04-25-2024, 11:02 AM
Orion2011
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 130 Posts

Supposedly the OEM LT4 roller rockers were made by Crane. Maybe that helps your quest some.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:30 AM
Gale Banks 80'
Melting Slicks

Received 390 Likes on 316 Posts

Yes they were made Crane but to GM specs. They are non adjustable. Crane is long gone. There was a recall on them and the Dealerships replaced them with a newer design. So there really isn't any reason to run them or the Factory Hot Cam for that matter. Google Rick Jones and fill out his form and he will make a specific Cam for your application. The Scorpion narrow Rockers will fit under the Factory Valve coves most will not. You will now have a Cam design that is 30 years newer than the Hot Cam.

Get notified of new replies

To GM LT4 HotCam Kit alternative

Quick Reply: GM LT4 HotCam Kit alternative