C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ALDL data streams and ALDLdroid

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 08:48 AM
64Scout
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts
Default ALDL data streams and ALDLdroid

I'm looking at buying a cable to read the data stream, and I see there are some cables on ebay. It lists which data streams its compatible with, does anyone know which stream an 89 would use?

There's an android app called ALDLdroid, has anyone used it? I'd rather use my phone to log data than drag a laptop around. The app is $25, so I want to make sure it's worth it.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:26 AM
Tunedport90
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 115 Posts

89 is $6e mask should connect at 8192 baud. I haven’t had luck with reddevil cables but old moates cables work well. The 1227165 ecm is just a picky ecm to connect to .
I do have a red devil you need a usb to usb cable but I’d let go cheap.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-parts-for-sale-wanted/4757256-chip-burner-and-datalog-cable.html

Last edited by Tunedport90; 02-23-2024 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:47 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,269 Likes on 1,451 Posts

i have bought my cables from aldlcable.com and they have worked fine. but the actual tunerpro rt software takes a lot of learning to connect. i don't know anything about the aldl droid. i would absolutely love a good writeup or video demonstrating how easy it is, if it is.
Old 02-23-2024, 04:45 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 564 Likes on 439 Posts

Would love to be able have an OBD-1 datastream item display in real-time (ex. Knock retard) on a small tablet mounted to the windshield

that said, i dont know how you would filter the data so the knock retard stayed visible a few seconds after the event happened vs. immediately disappearing
Old 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

ALDLDroid it awesome, I use it all the time, it works with the ADX files from TunerPro.

I use it all the time, much more portable than my laptop.. It can use the same connection equipment as TunerPro
Old 02-23-2024, 07:47 PM
tequilaboy
Melting Slicks

Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

ALDLdroid works reasonably well for logging data but it does have some issues. I would say it serves as a supplement to TunerPro/TunerProRT rather than a replacement or alternative. Users without TunerPro experience may have some additional difficulty.

I've had better luck using my own adx files and enabling checksum verification in the app and in the adx file. Without checksum verification it would crash all the time forcing me to restart the Android device. I use a wired connection.

It does not work with my old ostrich (V1?) for emulation and it does not work well for editing bins and programming eeproms. It seems like the addresses always get screwed up when reading or writing to the eeprom (with 16k file and 64k device). I've given up on trying to use it for programming, but I would like to sort out the addressing issues so that it could be used in a pinch.

The developer was helpful after an update prevented it from running on my Android device and he was able to fix the issue in a subsequent update.

Get notified of new replies

To ALDL data streams and ALDLdroid

Quick Reply: ALDL data streams and ALDLdroid