C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ASR/Traction Control button doesn't work - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 12:24 PM
ImPULSED
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR/Traction Control button doesn't work - HELP

Hi everybody,
I picked up my first Vette 1993 C4 40th anniversary edition hatchback last weekend and I'm in love with her. The car is in pretty good mechanical shape, but there are some nuances, of course, that I would like to fix.
I apologize for a possible duplicate question, but I've been searching for any posts with the same issue, but I couldn't find anything...

The problem is that the ASR/Traction control button doesn't disable ASR and it's always on by default. ASR module seems to be working great and it engages when I try to do some sketchy stuff with the car It pushes the gas pedal back to me, retards engine RPM and shows "ASR active" light on the panel. Should I look at the switch itself first for a bad ground? Additionally, I've noticed that the lights on the right side of the hybrid gauges cluster are flickering or turning off, but when I move/wiggle the dimmer control it helps to turn the lights back sometimes. Does it mean that the whole dimmer control piece needs to be fixed/cleaned/replaced?

Any advices and recommendations are highly appreciated.

Another thing I would like to do is to rebuild the switches on the steering column... I'm talking about the high beam switch (I have no brights at the moment), turn signal/cruise/wipers handle, headlight dimmer switch and actuator, and headlight switch itself.
Weather strips is another big thing that I have to replace as soon as possible, because they all are falling apart and the floor on the passenger side is wet. Anyways, I already ordered those parts. So, I will keep myself busy during the holidays.

Here are some pictures of the beauty

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2022, 10:56 PM
Zpeedstr
Racer

Default Delete

Just remove the ASR mechanism from the throttle linkage.
Your foot is the ASR
Old 12-22-2022, 11:08 PM
ImPULSED
4th Gear

Thanks for suggestion. But it's the last resort, I think... My wife is going to drive it sometimes, so it's better to keep the car out of the ditches
So, I would prefer to fix it rather than delete it LOL
Old 12-23-2022, 02:39 PM
Talfryyn
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I would start by seeing if the connector is fully seated in the socket on the circuit board. Then check the board socket for bad solder joints.
if the sat a lot check the wiring for mouse damage as long as you have the module out.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:58 PM
ImPULSED
4th Gear

Thanks @Talfryyn ! I will check the sockets for connections and report back
Old 01-14-2023, 07:11 PM
ImPULSED
4th Gear

Alright, I ended up cleaning all contacts in the dimmer assembly, 20A fuse (it was corroded) in the engine bay, and replacing a rusty snapped ground bolt under the ASR module. I can finally do some stupid stuff

But the dimmer assembly still has no lights...

Get notified of new replies

To ASR/Traction Control button doesn't work - HELP

Quick Reply: ASR/Traction Control button doesn't work - HELP