C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

cruise control question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 10:42 AM
choopes
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default cruise control question

I am trying to troubleshoot my cruise control unit on my 93 coupe. I want to start with the basics. Does the same switch on the brake pedal that operates the rear brake lights, also operate the cruise control to stop working? Or are there 2 switches. I looked in my FSM, but can not tell. In other words. If my brake lights work, does that mean the cruise control unit is not in a permanent disengage mode? And I should start looking elsewhere. Fuses and vacuum hoses are good. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Old 04-23-2022, 12:02 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,271 Likes on 2,032 Posts

Originally Posted by choopes
I am trying to troubleshoot my cruise control unit on my 93 coupe. I want to start with the basics. Does the same switch on the brake pedal that operates the rear brake lights, also operate the cruise control to stop working? Or are there 2 switches. I looked in my FSM, but can not tell. In other words. If my brake lights work, does that mean the cruise control unit is not in a permanent disengage mode? And I should start looking elsewhere. Fuses and vacuum hoses are good. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
SLS changed in '93 - it appears as 2 switches but it was actually an assembly that included both. There's an edge-board style connector that's to the engage switch in the stalk. If you've the FSM 8A-201-10 C235 is it. There's also for a '93 a 'Cruise Control Cut-Off Relay. 8A-201-16 for location.

Here's a very good snapshot of the SLS like your car.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...0e2691987f.jpg

Here's an image of the C235 connector.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...f0bb9deb38.jpg

Quick Reply: cruise control question