C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Bose Cd player

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 11:24 AM
birdsvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bose Cd player

I have a 94 vette, The stereo and tape player work fine but the CD does not work . I've heard this is a common problem, but were to have it fixed, who much, and is it worth it, should I just start from scratch with a new system. Thanks
Old 11-26-2002, 12:01 PM
monkeyboylawyer
Pro

Default Re: Bose Cd player (birdsvette)

Ditch it. There have been many links on this topic and the general consensus seems to be that repairing the Bose system is throwing good money away.

If it were me and I had the cash to do it, I would get rid of the Bose system in favor of a decent aftermarket one. You won't have to spend much money to get a better system.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:39 PM
birdsvette
Advanced

Default Re: Bose Cd player (monkeyboylawyer)

I'm considering just changing it, I notivced your in Morristown I went to FDU, I'm from Scotch Plains originally. You will have to tell me were the radar traps are on 287 and 78 so when I go to my family's place I'll be alright. Inoticed that the volume is lowered when stoped at a light thats normal?

[Modified by birdsvette, 3:28 AM 11/27/2002]
Old 11-26-2002, 01:33 PM
Jimbo93
Drifting

Default Re: Bose Cd player (monkeyboylawyer)

My Bose works fine, but if I have problems, I will change it rather than put $ into it. :yesnod:
Old 11-26-2002, 05:24 PM
white93vette
Advanced

My CD does the same thing. I think it's a common fault. I like the look and fit of the original radio so I will get mine repaired probably this winter. I also like the Speed Controlled Volume of the original. Anyway, I haven't fully researched this yet, but there are places that repair them. I don't know if any of these places are any good, but here is the link to one.

http://www.corvetteradios.com/Page.html

Good luck. You may also want to search the archives here to find some recommendations.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:45 PM
birdsvette
Advanced

Default Re: Bose Cd player (white93vette)

I just was looking in my local corvette club site and found a corvette aproved shop that is about 2 towns away from me. They said it was common, and said that it would cost about 200.00. and 45 for the labor. Then they asked how I heard of them I told them the site and as a member there is a discount that will end up costing about 215.00. I didn't think too bad.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:43 PM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still crappy system though. You could buy a pioneer deck that will kick the crap out of it for $145 and decent speakers for under $100 a pair. Great speakers for $280 total. I'd replace it as you will soon need to replace amps, speakers, etc. You'll find a new piece needing replacement every year or so. Also, its a really bad system. $5 paper and foam speakers slowly getting dry rot. Cheap fragile amps that make almost no power at each location waiting to break. It doesn't sound to bad in the car, but that's because the car has good acoustics. Even a cheap replacement will dominate it like you can dominate a stock civic with a fart pipe and ground effects. Now picture a good system is like having a stroker.
My sister went to FDU Madison. She was Billy Jean King's Team Tennis Publicist. Lots of cops on 78 on holidays. 287 has them usually right before and after 22 and where 78 connects to 287 more than any other spots. They also like to live near Morristown as you approach on 287 from either direction. This should cover your route.
Post on the audio section if you need advise on how to remove and replace. :thumbs:
Old 11-27-2002, 01:55 PM
birdsvette
Advanced

Default Re: Bose Cd player (92TripleBlack)

So that when the volume is lower at a stop then when the light turns green is correct, I was wondering about that. I thought there might have had some kind of wireing problem too.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:07 PM
n1kki6
Le Mans Master

as mentioned earlier a basic cd player and basic speakers will sound better.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:20 PM
GusBustamanteJr
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Bose Cd player (n1kki6)

Dr Dons is the best for all Bose audio repair.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:03 AM
satyr7777
Racer

Default Re: Bose Cd player (GusBustamanteJr)

I have a busted blose too- and will be swapping it for a much better deck and speakers soon. The quality of the bose is poor, and the sound is awful. The technology employed by bose is smoke and mirrors, and the sound quality of any half-decent aftermarket $150 deck manufactured today will be FAR superior to what cost thousands ten years ago. Save your money and just replace the system- you'll save money, and have a much more accurate and satisfying system. Otherwise, get the bose repaired every 1-3 years, and have poor fidelity, it's your choice. -J
Old 11-29-2002, 10:00 AM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

So that when the volume is lower at a stop then when the light turns green is correct, I was wondering about that. I thought there might have had some kind of wireing problem too.
That's the way its supposed to work. This is speed adjusted volume. The ring around one of the buttons controls this. There are three settings. First setting keeps the volume steady. Second setting changes it slightly, and third dramatically. The first setting is meant to be used when the windows are closed, second open, and third roof off or down.

Get notified of new replies

To Bose Cd player

Quick Reply: Bose Cd player